TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Smart phone for 100-150

Liked 932 in 654 posts

Default Smart phone for 100-150

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    So in terms of phone, nothing too expensive.

I like the look of the Samsungs. I don't know anything about modern smart phones. What should I get?

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    Liked 5,019 in 2,905 posts

Liked 1,204 in 841 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Smart phone for 100-150

The one rather vital thing you need to keep an eye out for is how much internal storage it has. i.e. Those budget Samsung are only 8GB. That's almost all used by the android system & one or 2 apps later & it's full. Not all apps can be moved over to a SD card either & big d/l like anything off the BBC iplayer can only be stored on the internal. So 16GB it is, SO LONG AS IT HAS A SD CARD!! i.e. apple you bastards.

https://www.imomobile.co.uk/news/imo...-tesco-mobile/

When you combine them with a tesco 10 top up, the cost of the handsets is 4.99 for the feature & 29.99 for the Smart. I can't see anything better than that anywhere. The call quality on the 4.99 one is better than on my Galaxy S5 too. Smart is 16GB, & both have a micro SD card slot. Some slightly sniffy reviews on amazon about the plastic nature & screen on the smart, but one moron is comparing to an iphone & another has forgotten that he spent 5% of the outlay that he would have done on a new S8....

Smart phone for 29.99 inc 10 credit. That's not even a month's spend on contract! Oh & there also the tesco triple up free for a month too.

Liked 1,787 in 1,066 posts

I've got a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - its slightly heavy (bonus that its pretty indestructible) but other than that performance is superb. There's a bit of vodafone app branding bollocks but you can dump most of it. I'd certainly have another but they've probably spazed up the v7 version somehow - I'd check.
    #1 son has a Moto g5 and is pretty happy - and hes a 20yo who's on YT and spotify etc pretty much constantly.

To be honest I'd avoid the less well known chinese brands because I imagine support is pretty crappy and some of the UIs I've seen is just bloody annoying.

Liked 342 in 230 posts

I bought a motorola g4 about 3 months ago from John Lewis for around 140

Does loads and is very good vfm. Do your research though for what YOU want/need

7. The following user liked this post made by GreenMachine:

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 3,362 in 2,156 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    #1 son has a Moto g5 and is pretty happy - and hes a 20yo who's on YT and spotify etc pretty much constantly.
    Them's decent mobies for not a lot of spend, madam has the G5 plus, and likewise is glued to the bloody thing

A Bit Bored
    Liked 17 in 8 posts

Cubot.
    https://www.cubot.net/smartphones/
    Have a look at this but lots more to choose from and the price and spec is good.
    https://www.cubot.net/smartphones/cheetah2

Available here.
    http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/bct/p...ot-smartphones

Liked 932 in 654 posts

Thanks chaps.

I'm not a massive app user, but would probably use a few for photo sharing and uploading and maybe citrix mobile.

Liked 2,327 in 1,684 posts

12. The following user liked this post made by 1888:

Liked 1,204 in 841 posts
    Blog Entries

seeing refurb 120 on ebay, & allegedly brand new 170. New battery ebay under a tenner.

I've an S5 hand me down. Like all of them it's that charging/ data socket which gets stressed over time & deforms a bit. However it's an excellent phone & the S range are Samsung's flagship range, so it's a premium one for its time. Camera is pretty good & it shoots HD video. Takes micro SD cards. Lots to like there.

Go Back to Forum My Forum