TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suspension set up - London/South East

Liked 2,213 in 1,229 posts

Default Re: Suspension set up - London/South East

The Multistrada comes with standard suspension settings arrived at from testing ...... the test riders are 65 - 75kg Italian midgets so all Multis come set up too soft for hulking 100 kg 6 foot plus Brits

There are numerous electronic means to fiddle with the suspension which i have done myself already as the bike was way too soft on rebound and had terrible front end feel on the transition from releasing brakes and tipping it. Its a lot better now but even Ducati suggest a visit to Darren as he gets good results by altering the oil and internals of the front end leaving more fine adjustment through the electronics. It even works on the semi active Skyhook system

I havent done the full sag measurements to set the bike up fully as i would need to revert the bike back to default and redo all the modes (4) and all the luggage options in each mode (another 4) which is a pain in the arse

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
  3. The following user liked this post made by Bigyin:

Really Bored
    Liked 309 in 158 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    The Multistrada comes with standard suspension settings arrived at from testing ...... the test riders are 65 - 75kg Italian midgets so all Multis come set up too soft for hulking 100 kg 6 foot plus Brits

There are numerous electronic means to fiddle with the suspension which i have done myself already as the bike was way too soft on rebound and had terrible front end feel on the transition from releasing brakes and tipping it. Its a lot better now but even Ducati suggest a visit to Darren as he gets good results by altering the oil and internals of the front end leaving more fine adjustment through the electronics. It even works on the semi active Skyhook system

I havent done the full sag measurements to set the bike up fully as i would need to revert the bike back to default and redo all the modes (4) and all the luggage options in each mode (another 4) which is a pain in the arse
    Which reminds me, I think...... Neil said that altering the suspension settings (preload and rebound) should be fine tuning, not the starting point as if you've got the wrong weight spring(s) you won't get much, if any, benefit - which again leads back to getting the sag correct and if that can't be achieved on stock kit, then the springs need changing first.

Really Bored
    Liked 309 in 158 posts

More impressed with MCT every time I speak to them.

The first phone call was about half an hour long whilst they patiently guided me on the most cost effective suspension option for the Beemer and what the benefits would be.

The second call, today, was initially just me putting a deposit on the new front shock. Through the course of the discussion I was reassured about the benefits of replacing the rear shock all whilst not needing to spend a fortune on Ohlins bouncers. End result is new Nitron Sport shocks are on order. These are the cheaper Nitron shocks but I've been assured still a quality item and perfectly fit for my riding. The cost difference is about 200 more than going for a service, rebuild and revalve, which for something that can be infinitely serviced for years to come seems a no-brainer.

6. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Beancounter:

Liked 134 in 88 posts

Beancounter what were your thoughts on what we are trying to achieve with the training school and shop to create a venue to pick up advice, gear as well as a coffee?? Be good to have your opinion we mainly only see newer riders!

Andy

Liked 2,213 in 1,229 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
    Which reminds me, I think...... Neil said that altering the suspension settings (preload and rebound) should be fine tuning, not the starting point as if you've got the wrong weight spring(s) you won't get much, if any, benefit - which again leads back to getting the sag correct and if that can't be achieved on stock kit, then the springs need changing first.
    Yup, pretty much what i said in paragraph 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Go Back to Forum My Forum