TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Suzuki GT250B - Winter project 2017

At Work
    Liked 275 in 164 posts

Default Re: Suzuki GT250B - Winter project 2017

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Chelmsford, alternate for Tuesday was a ride on the Tuono if it's nice and that could be towards Tunbridge Wells. For my 50th 5 years ago I did a days green laning round Essex on my DT175, did about 60 miles and ended up wet, muddy and cold, really enjoyed it.

I'll bring the Rioja.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    Liked 175 in 59 posts

This week I have been mainly finding out that just because a carb kit says it is for a 1977 Suzuki GT250, doesn't mean that it is. They've gone back to the seller for a refund.

My tip for the week is that when you spend time repainting your switch gear, and then re-assemble it, having left it somewhere warm for three days to harden off, make sure you tape it all up before you put the actual switch gear back inside the cases, otherwise you will chip off the paint that you have painstakingly applied. Do not ask me how I know

At Work
    Liked 275 in 164 posts

Having seen it in real life , it looks good (even the wife thinks so) did you laquer over the switches once you'd done the red?

Pity about the carb Kit, strange that not one bit matches. Still waiting for mine from Germany for the Guzzi.

Inspired by my visit, I've now bought a dental pick set (get those tricky rubber bits out the carbs) and a wheel balance frame like yours. Not got an immediate use for it but I'm sure it will come in handy, as two tyre changes ago the tyre place didn't balance the front wheel properly and the vibration was dreadful in Germany at 120mph on the autobahn. So now I can do the Tuono, Le Mans and DT just for the fun of it.

Liked 175 in 59 posts

Lacquered it all, but it was such a pig refitting the switchgear that the two halves rubbed together and took a patch off. If I'd put a bit of tape around the casing it would have been fine.

I've just ordered a pair of long nose circlip pliers, as I've just spent an hour trying to refit the m/cylinder piston without success. Now going to go for a walk with the dogs and ponder on the pointlessness of existing in relation to restoring motorcycles.

6. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Pugwash:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Go Back to Forum My Forum