TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music Storage

Liked 711 in 324 posts

Default Re: Music Storage

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    So if I choose iCloud rather than the external drive (which isn't always to hand!), will that automatically transfer what is on the computer at the moment over to iCloud?
    I dont know as I dont use icloud, I suppose you could but why would do it that way, decent storage on icloud is a paid subscription whereas if you save to a personal drive you have it saved there to do with and access as you need, you can probably upload to icloud from the hard disc if you want the option.
    I dont use any of the (several) cloud storage options I have access to- most of them aren't big enough to be useful in any case unless you pay for more space, I think it creates avoidable problems should you decide to move service to a different supplier meaning you instantly lose access to whatever you had stored. I know you can transfer the content but I'd rather keep to a more old fashioned idea of actually being in control of whatever I store on drives

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
  3. The following user liked this post made by Monstyr:

Liked 2,089 in 1,030 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    Why can;t you do it to the computer.

It takes time but all you have to do is open media player, click options and set your RIP path and make sure 'automatically rip cd' is ticked.

Then you put a CD into your cd drive with media player open and it will automatically rip as mp3 or wav. Or are you saying you do not know where your current music library resides on your laptop/pc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstyr View Post
    I dont know as I dont use icloud, I suppose you could but why would do it that way, decent storage on icloud is a paid subscription whereas if you save to a personal drive you have it saved there to do with and access as you need, you can probably upload to icloud from the hard disc if you want the option.
    I dont use any of the (several) cloud storage options I have access to- most of them aren't big enough to be useful in any case unless you pay for more space, I think it creates avoidable problems should you decide to move service to a different supplier meaning you instantly lose access to whatever you had stored. I know you can transfer the content but I'd rather keep to a more old fashioned idea of actually being in control of whatever I store on drives

It does make sense. I guess I need to buy and external storage unit the

Liked 908 in 681 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    It does make sense. I guess I need to buy and external storage unit the
    You can get a 1TB external for like 50 these days.

6. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Greenman:

Liked 1,204 in 841 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    You can get a 1TB external for like 50 these days.
    our entire digital 'life', inc music & video & absolutely everything since Win 95 is under 1TB. You wouldn't believe the sheer amount of dog photos & vid

You can get rather bigger (like 3TB) for sod all more dosh too.

Liked 908 in 681 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Editor View Post
    our entire digital 'life', inc music & video & absolutely everything since Win 95 is under 1TB. You wouldn't believe the sheer amount of dog photos & vid

You can get rather bigger (like 3TB) for sod all more dosh too.
    Yeah hard drives are cheap these days.

I buy 4TB NAS boxes for under 200 squid for work. I think my last 1TB Internal HD cost me less than 50.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum