TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got asked that dreaded question last night...'What do you want for Christmas?'

Liked 4,220 in 2,237 posts

Default Re: I got asked that dreaded question last night...'What do you want for Christmas?'

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Well that dilemma solved itself easily. Just been fannying about with the work mobile as tonight it will be wiped of all non-business data (photos, etc.), apps (what? No Duolingo to practice me Italian?! Nope. Watsapp is the only one I had that is allowed) and now will be recorded for texts, Watsapp messages and calls (even with a tin hat on, apparently).

So, me own phone it is then. First time in about 20 years I've actually had to have a phone I pay for. Do they still do Nokias with the Snake game?
    How can they record Whatsapp messages? I thought they were encrypted?

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Liked 2,763 in 1,417 posts

Default Re: I got asked that dreaded question last night...'What do you want for Christmas?'

Dunno. Beyond my level of technical understanding but has to be done due to naughty bankers using Whatsapp chat groups to do naughty things apparently.

Either way, as Dunc would say, 'I'm ooot!'

Liked 4,220 in 2,237 posts

Dunno. Beyond my level of technical understanding but has to be done due to naughty bankers using Whatsapp chat groups to do naughty things apparently.

Either way, as Dunc would say, 'I'm ooot!'
    We had a similar sort of warning from our UK head of cyber security (or something), tbh it was for the lower ranks as some were taking the michael, but I still went out and got my own phone.
    First time I'd had my own phone for years as well, but it's a pita carrying two phones around.

Liked 600 in 352 posts

Liked 933 in 655 posts

For Christmas I'd like Arianna Grande, ready and willing to do anything and have anything done to her.

Liked 1,467 in 850 posts

8. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Jasper:

Liked 3,508 in 2,375 posts

It seems I'm about 20.

Liked 1,308 in 718 posts
    Blog Entries

Oh, THAT dreaded question...... not "did you come?"

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,692 in 1,593 posts
    Blog Entries

Nothing, not even socks, that anyone is likely to buy me. I'm picky about socks, black 100% cotton from M&S. Nice first world problem to have.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,692 in 1,593 posts
    Blog Entries

The missus was asked by a member of her family what I wanted. Now, much as I appreciate the fact that somebody would like to give me a gift, I never have the slightest clue. I'm 48 and I've probably got everything I need in life, plus I feel embarrassed that anybody should feel the need to splash their hard-earned cash on me. I'd rank 'What do you want for Christmas?' up there with 'Ready for your prostate examination?'. I've tried asking for nothing, only to be told that I'm being all Bah Humbug.

Anyhow, I thought long and hard and came up with something that I could really do with....socks.

Edit: I read a 'fact' the other day (how true I don't know), that the money spent in the UK on Christmas gifts last year would fund the NHS from Boxing Day 'til the 17th Feb. Sobering thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Oh, THAT dreaded question...... not "did you come?"

Liked 3,648 in 2,290 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    We had a similar sort of warning from our UK head of cyber security (or something), tbh it was for the lower ranks as some were taking the michael, but I still went out and got my own phone.
    First time I'd had my own phone for years as well, but it's a pita carrying two phones around.
    I've got a dual SIM phone.

Liked 5,033 in 2,909 posts

You want a Sonika phone.

It's what the cons use in prison, because they're so small you can hide them easily, maybe even up your bum.

15. The following user liked this post made by KungFooBob:

Liked 2,089 in 1,030 posts

Ok - I've worked it out - I want a quad with winter tyres for the snow Thanx all. xxxx

Liked 5,788 in 3,105 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post

18. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

Liked 5,788 in 3,105 posts

Oh and just remember, every time you mention Christmas before December, Santa kills another Elf!!

20. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum