TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Tour of Northern Thailand

Liked 115 in 74 posts

Default Tour of Northern Thailand

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    I'm not sure it's of any interest to anyone here but I just got back from a tour of a bit of Thailand.

Just me and a mate, had the usual night of debauchery in Bangkok and then flew to Chiang Mai, where we rented a Honda Rebel 500 for him and a CB650F for me.

we spent nights in Nan, Phrae, two in Uttaradit, and then Lampang before heading back to Chiang Mai and then Bangkok to come home.

We did just over a thousand miles, some of which were on some superb newly surfaced mountain roads. Some of the roads were average and slightly pot holey and gravely. There seems to be a lot of road rebuilding going on in the mountains in that area, so it would be well worth a trip in the future.

We saw some amazing sights, old temples and the like, ate some fabulous food and got pissed every night. We stayed in cheap hotels and it all came in at just under a thousand pounds.

The highlight was seeing the look on my friends face and hearing his excitement as he came to grips with riding a motorbike a little more quickly than he ever has before. A few tips on lines and braking etc. had him lapping it up and wanting more.....and the deserted floating fishing village we found at the end of a fantastic forty odd mile stretch of brand new twisty tarmac, where we had lunch with a very friendly, lazy cat.

I'd post some pics but I don't know how to delete the stash on here and it won't let me upload anymore.

Edit. I figured out how to delete old pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ninja; 17-12-17 at 07:23.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
  3. The following 8 users liked this useful post by ninja:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Re: Tour of Northern Thailand

sounds like a fun trip

Liked 7,048 in 3,713 posts

Default Re: Tour of Northern Thailand

Sounds liek a spectacular trip! Love to see more pics. You can upload pictures to imgbb.com and then use teh dropdown option of BB Code and hit the copy button, then [paste them into the thread and they will alll be wrapped with the right image codes etc.

https://imgbb.com

Go Back to Forum My Forum