TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Roll up roll up... it's 2018 and time to play... 8th April (Sunday) Rockingham

Liked 1,162 in 759 posts

Default Re: Roll up roll up... it's 2018 and time to play... 8th April (Sunday) Rockingham

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    So who's winning!

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    Liked 3,870 in 2,116 posts

Default Re: Roll up roll up... it's 2018 and time to play... 8th April (Sunday) Rockingham

Hope your having fun. I swapped out the wheel bearings on the Triumph but not early enough to get an MOT put on it and come for a ride.

Liked 7,922 in 4,565 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    So who's winning!
    No-one really. If we're talking winning, i'd go with DaveN. He did the most laps and seemed to have the most fun.

Basically, it was wet ALL day... We went home fairly early... It never improved after we left.

Bum !

Liked 1,241 in 794 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    No-one really. If we're talking winning, i'd go with DaveN. He did the most laps and seemed to have the most fun.

Basically, it was wet ALL day... We went home fairly early... It never improved after we left.

Bum !
    you're too kind sir. I think tricky and his steaming tyres had a pretty good time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Liked 869 in 416 posts

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    you're too kind sir. I think tricky and his steaming tyres had a pretty good time

it was a good do- great to see everyone , plenty of nice cookies and top fun on track too despite the weather.

Have to admit I was struggling tucking in a bit on the mighty 390 though, so after you left I sort of decided to modify the riding position a little

7. The following 3 users liked this useful post by TrickyDicky:

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    it was a good do- great to see everyone , plenty of nice cookies and top fun on track too despite the weather.

Have to admit I was struggling tucking in a bit on the mighty 390 though, so after you left I sort of decided to modify the riding position a little

Some say it's tough to make a KTM even uglier, but you seem to have managed!

9. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Liked 1,241 in 794 posts

duuuuude! lol!

Liked 1,162 in 759 posts

The KTM was obviously longing to go back to the dirt

12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Supermofo:

Liked 869 in 416 posts

Well, I thought it was worth doing a fuller post as that was a fun week-end.

Quite a hectic day for me yesterday, but I got to the Premier Inn 7pm-ish, dropped the bag and straight into the bar.

Really nice to see some good people again, and some new meets too.
    Had a very pleasant meal and few beers with the Weeksys and Tomcat , then few more beers before bed (daven hasn’t changed and is still as easily led as me when it comes to choice and quantity of beers) - when others are calling time, dave is usually up for at least one more , which is important on these sort of events IMO

Then almost before we know it we’re at a slightly damp (but not properly raining by any means) Rockingham for a quite entertaining briefing, that’s unless you’re a Gixxer rider then it might be annoying, but it definitely made it more entertaining for me...

It was spitting for most of the morning and the track was a little damp, definitely not what I’d call properly wet in the morning, not ideal but not bad and it was fun-I and Couchie on his Africa Twin particularly had a few laughs swapping places and invading some sportbike riders videos on our arguably silly bikes.

What was a spooky and a nice added bonus for me was finding out that Andy, the then unknown to me bloke I hung out with on track for most of the time at the 2016 TRC Almeria trip was a long-time mate of Couchie, he was there with his SV wet bike
    Rumour has it he has also just invested in a zero mile ZX10R, co-incidentally not that long after Couchie bought his brand new ZX10R, who’d have thought it eh.....

And one of Couchie's other mate's 1200 Monster re-kindled my want for one of these (not that it's ever really gone away) - the SC Projects exhaust really finishes it off IMO, quite possibly one of the most lovely looking bikes ever IMO.

I’d taken both the MT-10 and the KTM 390 along, I never ended up riding the MT apart from to-and from the van.
    It would have been a different story if it was dry, but it wasn’t, and the little KTM acquitted itself very well.

It also made me think that I’m doing it wrong and bought the wrong tyres for it- I’ve got the Dunlop equivalent of Supercorsas, which are great tyres and did well today, but they really aren’t the best for the conditions we had. What I really ought to do is just bung a pair of PR4s or race wets on the 390 and use it as a wet bike, it gets slaughtered on the straight(s), but that really doesn’t matter in the wet too much as you can make up so much on the brakes, so the S1000RRs, ZX10s, R1s etc etc aren’t completely out of reach when its wet.

There were a few interesting bikes there today, including some very silly looking but super-tuned (read ear-splittingly loud) scooters, RS125s, CB500s and all the usual big boy Gixxers, S1000RRs, , R6s, ZXs, R1s etc etc- - a good measure for me was a 2MA YPM TZR250 there that I was hopeful of being similar speed on the straight to- not a chance- it was so much faster on the front straight, despite us, in theory, having similar HP , but he went straight on at the end of the straight, which made me smile, maybe was trying harder than I thought..

The track was damp at best, but the little KTM didn’t get overtaken that often, and did a lot more overtaking than it got back, overall was top fun, albeit I suspect it may have been very different if it was dry.
    Unfortunately me and the 390 decided to part company on track in the afternoon, in fairness it had given me a few warnings, but a pesky BB R1 trackbike with race wets sort of became a target after blitzing us down the straight , so caught him up and did him around the outside the corner before we parted company, so it wasn’t too embarrassing in my book as it was a 'trying' crash

Anyway, I’m woffling, all anyone needs to know is that it was a tip-top fun week-end overall despite the weather , the social aspect of these is worth it alone even if you don't go on track, but it has also made me want to do another track day too

14. The following 7 users liked this useful post by TrickyDicky:

Top write up. Silverstone it is then!

Liked 869 in 416 posts

Maybe, definitely not on the 390 though!

Well, I thought it was worth doing a fuller post as that was a fun week-end

Anyway, I’m woffling, all anyone needs to know is that it was a tip-top fun week-end overall despite the weather , the social aspect of these is worth it alone even if you don't go on track, but it has also made me want to do another track day too
    Super write up, thanks for sharing. The difference between you and the guy on the BBR1 is you can fix your 390 pretty easily, he will have a real problem with his self respect!

Agree that the Monster is a very, very pretty motorcycle. I was helping a friend with some work on a '94 900 Monster today. Lovely bike. I think I'd like an 1100 Evo like Claude's....

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Super write up, thanks for sharing. The difference between you and the guy on the BBR1 is you can fix your 390 pretty easily, he will have a real problem with his self respect!

Agree that the Monster is a very, very pretty motorcycle. I was helping a friend with some work on a '94 900 Monster today. Lovely bike. I think I'd like an 1100 Evo like Claude's....
    I doubt it would be that hard for it not to be like Claude's, but actually his bike!

19. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    I doubt it would be that hard for it not to be like Claude's, but actually his bike!
    who would have thought it but not an 1100 Evo

Liked 1,241 in 794 posts

Maybe, definitely not on the 390 though!
    good write up mate. and thanks for crashing, I feel vindicated for pussying out and going home

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Go Back to Forum My Forum