TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 266 of 271 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4058

Thread: Trump: considering the Steele dossier and his love of hookers.

Liked 1,866 in 882 posts

Default Re: Trump: considering the Steele dossier and his love of hookers.

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    I anesthetize every dog before cutting their nads off. Otherwise I'd be chewed all to hell.
    Seems a bit OTT and unnecessary to me..not forgetting the risk that you may give too much anaesthesia to a dog or the dog has an undiagnosed condition that reacts and it dies ..Don’t know why you don’t just start cutting and only use drugs if the dog starts biting ...

Liked 3,064 in 2,006 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gedge View Post
    Of course it’s not the same video ..I never suggested it was ..it’s a video that shows how dangerous it is to be a US police officer ..you are judging their actions from a distorted viewpoint and a complete lack of practical experience ...but like me saying I don’t understand why you sedate a pit bull before cutting his nads off even though I’ve never experienced being bitten by one ..
    You're justifying the cops getting their retaliation in first ?

Liked 1,866 in 882 posts

Quote Originally Posted by slowsider View Post
    You're justifying the cops getting their retaliation in first ?
    In some situations a pre emptive strike is both legal and often sensible ..

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,763 in 2,504 posts

Situational awareness is just one of many considerations ..if your life is in danger ( or you genuinely believe it to be) then you are going to take steps to protect your life ..in an ideal world there would be no innocent bystanders but reality is that sometimes cops have to take action even if there is a ( lesser) risk to others. What I saw clearly from your video is that the cop was not some pumped up nazi looking for a black man to murder. His approach is relaxed and non confrontational ( even lighthearted) .even the BT a procedure was conducted without any issue ..in fact the whole situation would have ended nicely if the suspect had just complied instead of trying to escape, assault or disarm the officer.

I have previously posted a video of an anti police campaigner getting the chance to show the police how easy it is to deal with a non compliant suspect ..unsurprisingly in 2 scenarios he shoots the perpetrator with very little provocation and in the 3 rd he would be dead or seriously injured. And heís a supposed pacifist..

Your naivety shows that that you watch to many movies where the hero can calmly deal with everything without missing a thing ..real life isnít like that .

https://www.facebook.com/42577131750...7298415681658/
    So I'm not to expect an officer to be trained to handle situations that I'm not trained to handle? I've brought up several points that have validity, at least in my eyes. We're told tasers are not lethal weapons. Yet they are or are they? It all depends upon who you ask and how they're administered. Once they're fired and they've missed, they're pretty useless. The cop had been fired upon by it. It's done and dusted. The danger posed by that taser is now neutralized unless you pick up the business end and stick in your arm. The perp is unarmed. This was the cop that still had his taser and apparently he'd fired it and it was attached to the perp. At least it looked to be in the video as you can see what appears to be the wires running to the perp. He drops his taser and draws his weapon. Fires off three rounds. Where's the third round gone?

There is also the matter of the perp being a known entity at the time that HE escalated the situation. What did he say? My aunt lives right over there across the street? He's already given up his ID and his car. Let him run. He'll get caught eventually. With as groggy as he was when they arrived he'd probably go find a bench and take a nap.

I posted some videos of a chap that the police used for training until they pissed him off laughing about willfully kneecapping someone and justifying it by stating "we write the report." Someone in here fobbed him off. He made some pertinent points about dealing with shit like this one and he's made pertinent points about not escalating situations as well as falling back to assess what's going on rather than charging right in. Sure, the vid you posted commands much more fear than the one where this guy died. The guy is ignoring the orders and in fact appears to be ignoring the cop completely. He's got a hand in his pocket and the safe bet is there probably is a gun in his paw. Finger on the trigger and pointed at him wouldn't be out of the question for that shit.

Liked 1,866 in 882 posts

So I'm not to expect an officer to be trained to handle situations that I'm not trained to handle? I've brought up several points that have validity, at least in my eyes. We're told tasers are not lethal weapons. Yet they are or are they? It all depends upon who you ask and how they're administered. Once they're fired and they've missed, they're pretty useless. The cop had been fired upon by it. It's done and dusted. The danger posed by that taser is now neutralized unless you pick up the business end and stick in your arm. The perp is unarmed. This was the cop that still had his taser and apparently he'd fired it and it was attached to the perp. At least it looked to be in the video as you can see what appears to be the wires running to the perp. He drops his taser and draws his weapon. Fires off three rounds. Where's the third round gone?

There is also the matter of the perp being a known entity at the time that HE escalated the situation. What did he say? My aunt lives right over there across the street? He's already given up his ID and his car. Let him run. He'll get caught eventually. With as groggy as he was when they arrived he'd probably go find a bench and take a nap.

I posted some videos of a chap that the police used for training until they pissed him off laughing about willfully kneecapping someone and justifying it by stating "we write the report." Someone in here fobbed him off. He made some pertinent points about dealing with shit like this one and he's made pertinent points about not escalating situations as well as falling back to assess what's going on rather than charging right in. Sure, the vid you posted commands much more fear than the one where this guy died. The guy is ignoring the orders and in fact appears to be ignoring the cop completely. He's got a hand in his pocket and the safe bet is there probably is a gun in his paw. Finger on the trigger and pointed at him wouldn't be out of the question for that shit.
    the cop didn’t go charging in though did he? He was calm and polite and explained what was going to happen...the offender was the one that reacted..

The tazer is not ‘useless’ once discharged, it’s still has prongs and can be used to disable the cop and relieve him of his other weapon. It might seem odd to you, but to a cop..letting people go, especially when they have taken your firearm, is not acceptable. All he needed to do was comply ...he didn’t and instead escalated things to a point where a cop reacted ( you may say badly, I may say understandably) and he got shot ..

Should Get Out More

Seems a bit OTT and unnecessary to me..not forgetting the risk that you may give too much anaesthesia to a dog or the dog has an undiagnosed condition that reacts and it dies ..Don’t know why you don’t just start cutting and only use drugs if the dog starts biting ...
    I weigh the dog first, examine it thoroughly, calculate my doses, give a pre-med it with specific doses, titrate it down with a drug that will act pretty much instantaneously to drop it once the appropriate volume has been injected slowly and carefully. Then intubate the dog to maintain it on gas anesthesia. It's also hooked up to a monitor that gives me real time info on how the patient is doing. I also take note of tissue color and the fact the dog is breathing regularly. The monitor is also covering respiration and will alarm if there is a problem.

Before all of this happens I've been acquainted with the dog and have a reasonable idea of what to expect when I approach it and when I poke it with sharp objects while it is still awake. Occasionally one lashes out. I have yet to put a bullet in one. Or shoot the owner. Sometimes I'd like to, but that's another story.

Does the occasional animal arrest on the table? Yes. The monitors and my due diligence keep me aware of this possibility. Additionally, owners are warned that shit happens. Efforts are made to resuscitate and quite often are successful. Depending upon where I am in the procedure I'll either abort it or finish if I've already committed by half removing a uterus. Yes, I've lost a patient or two in my 30 plus years. But not due to panic.

I've also had the shit bitten out of me occasionally and learned a valuable lesson from one of my instructors on the matter well before my first bite. Never yank back. It's a difficult reflex to abolish but it can be done. In all the bite wounds I've received over the years only one has required suturing. That one was while horsing around with a big yellow lab after taking him for a walk. He was bouncing around playing and his leash got out of my hand. I was reaching for it at the same time he leaped up and barked at me. My right hand met a lower canine and then we parted company. He never bit down either but it tore a neurovascular bundle out of my right thumb. A bit of a freak accident.

The rest were only punctures because I kept my cool and didn't yank back. That leads to lacerations with extensive damage. Instead remain calm and wait for them to release. They will eventually. I had a Rottie bite my right hand while talking to the owner. He was aggressive and I'd pissed him off attempting to draw blood (he got even). I paused to let the dog settle down and to speak to the owner about neutering (he got even). I had kept an eye on the dog as he was staring at me. Unfortunately I let my guard down and the dog took my hand with no warning. No growl, nada. Just grabbed it and chomped down. He wasn't happy with the grip he had, backed off slightly and chomped down again. That second hold was the one I actually saw as he had my full attention. I watched an upper canine get buried into my hand at the base of the thumb all the way to the gum. My fingers were trapped on the other side of his mouth by the premolars and molars. He held on for three eternities while the owner continued babbling. The owner was completely unaware that the dog had my hand as I hadn't made a sound (screaming and shouting will escalate a bite into a full on attack). Finally the dog let go. I stepped out of the exam room quietly muttering a string of obscenities (no shouting now, the dog's still present and still a danger). Walked it off for a few moments and then off to the sink and started cleaning the wound. The owner looked at my assistant and asked her what was wrong with me. She pointed to the trail of blood going from the exam room over to me.

So yeah, cooler heads prevail.

Should Get Out More

the cop didn’t go charging in though did he? He was calm and polite and explained what was going to happen...the offender was the one that reacted..

The tazer is not ‘useless’ once discharged, it’s still has prongs and can be used to disable the cop and relieve him of his other weapon. It might seem odd to you, but to a cop..letting people go, especially when they have taken your firearm, is not acceptable. All he needed to do was comply ...he didn’t and instead escalated things to a point where a cop reacted ( you may say badly, I may say understandably) and he got shot ..
    The prongs were at the other end of the wires several feet away from the dumbass that fired it. It can be used directly without firing the projectile but once it's been fired the prongs are several feet away from drink man. And he's running away from the cop dragging them along. It's an unfamiliar piece of equipment and it is now useless. He's also fucked up and not thinking things through. Do you think he was going to put his hand up to pause the whole affair, wind up the wires and then carry on?

Regarding charging in, that wasn't clear exactly. The bloke in the vid I referenced mentioned something (I don't recall it was one of those three Rs dohickeys). Taking cover and not making yourself a target was one of them. He can't really take cover other than staying directly behind the perp but he can stay back far enough from him to be almost out of range of the taser. He's got his own taser with the projectile in the guy somewhere. Clothing perhaps as he seems to be giving no reaction whatsoever. He's still at the end of the tether so to speak.

Liked 1,866 in 882 posts

The prongs were at the other end of the wires several feet away from the dumbass that fired it. It can be used directly without firing the projectile but once it's been fired the prongs are several feet away from drink man. And he's running away from the cop dragging them along. It's an unfamiliar piece of equipment and it is now useless. He's also fucked up and not thinking things through. Do you think he was going to put his hand up to pause the whole affair, wind up the wires and then carry on?

Regarding charging in, that wasn't clear exactly. The bloke in the vid I referenced mentioned something (I don't recall it was one of those three Rs dohickeys). Taking cover and not making yourself a target was one of them. He can't really take cover other than staying directly behind the perp but he can stay back far enough from him to be almost out of range of the taser. He's got his own taser with the projectile in the guy somewhere. Clothing perhaps as he seems to be giving no reaction whatsoever. He's still at the end of the tether so to speak.
    See that shows your ignorance ..once discharged the handset still retains 2 active prongs ( you can actually see in the video him trying to use them on his leg , it’s called stun drive ) ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser

Drive Stun capability

Some TASER device models, particularly those used by police departments, also have a "Drive Stun" capability, where the TASER device is held against the target without firing the projectiles, and is intended to cause pain without incapacitating the target. "Drive Stun" is "the process of using the EMD (Electro Muscular Disruption) weapon as a pain compliance technique. This is done by activating the TASER [device] and placing it against an individual's body. This can be done without an air cartridge in place or after an air cartridge has been deployed."[48]

Should Get Out More

See that shows your ignorance ..once discharged the handset still retains 2 active prongs ( you can actually see in the video him trying to use them on his leg , it’s called stun drive ) ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser
    and is intended to cause pain without incapacitating the target.
    Okay, so he's still got a weapon. A non-lethal weapon. One that requires the user to have direct contact. The perp is running away. Lethal force in the presence of innocent bystanders is the appropriate response?

There is also this little gem that I was ignorant about:

Guidelines released in 2011 in the U.S. recommend that use of Drive Stun as a pain compliance technique be avoided.[49] The guidelines were issued by a joint committee of the Police Executive Research Forum and the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services. The guidelines state "Using the CEW to achieve pain compliance may have limited effectiveness and, when used repeatedly, may even exacerbate the situation by inducing rage in the subject".
    Last edited by Bwana; 30-06-20 at 01:40.

Liked 6,747 in 3,470 posts

Hey Bwana - in your world I am king, and here is why.

I'm confident that in a physical confrontation I could beat the shit out of you, so I'm going to come into your house and just take whatever I want, there is nothing you can do to prevent that.
    If the cops turn up then I'd just take his weapon and leave, the cop won't chase me or shoot me.
    When I get back to my neighbourhood I'm going to grab a knife as well for good measure, then when the cops turn up I'll threaten to really hurt the first one that comes near, they can't shoot me because I'm far enough away (and I've turned my back) so I'm not a threat, but they can't arrest me because I'll fight and then they might hurt me - at which point they're going to jail and I'm getting rich.

So the outcome is that you get a call saying they're sorry, but they're just going to give up because they can't do anything.

Then the next day I'm coming for more of your stuff, and maybe your wife.
    The only way you're going to stop me is if you beg the police to hurt me and stop me, or you grow a set of balls and do it yourself.

11. The following 2 users liked this useful post by icarus1859:

Really Bored
    Liked 661 in 436 posts

The officer involved will face 11 charges, including felony murder. One of the bullets hit a car with 3 occupants, for which he will also face charges.

The Atlanta police department's rules prohibit officers from firing a Taser at someone who is running away so Rolfe "certainly cannot fire a handgun at someone running away," Howard added.
    https://www.insider.com/ex-atlanta-p...-charge-2020-6

Liked 6,747 in 3,470 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoonercat View Post
    The officer involved will face 11 charges, including felony murder. One of the bullets hit a car with 3 occupants, for which he will also face charges.

https://www.insider.com/ex-atlanta-p...-charge-2020-6

He's bang to rights for that, you can't just go shooting away like that and whilst I'm on the fence with the murder charge he's certainly reckless for just blazing away and risking innocent people in the vicinity.

But the training, the weaponry and the whole system is the problem, I've already explained that with a handgun the average person couldn't hit a cow at more than ten meters away, probably less, a minimally trained cop wouldn't be much better when you add stress into the situation. So giving them guns and not the discipline to know when it's useless is the problem - but then the whole population can buy them and they're usually even less well trained - so no surprises why this happens.

It's like giving knives to a classroom full of 8yr olds and then putting three in charge of the rest and leaving them to it - someone is getting hurt.

Should Get Out More Wreckless Rat's Avatar
    Liked 2,625 in 1,400 posts
    Blog Entries

They should remove all guns from US cops today, and make soft arrests only.

I wonder how long before people start complaining about the state of the neighbourhoods.

Liked 1,866 in 882 posts

Okay, so he's still got a weapon. A non-lethal weapon. One that requires the user to have direct contact. The perp is running away. Lethal force in the presence of innocent bystanders is the appropriate response?

There is also this little gem that I was ignorant about:
    A less lethal weapon ..
    Did you read about the side effect Excited Delirium Syndrome ?

Should Get Out More

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    Hey Bwana - in your world I am king, and here is why.

I'm confident that in a physical confrontation I could beat the shit out of you, so I'm going to come into your house and just take whatever I want, there is nothing you can do to prevent that.
    If the cops turn up then I'd just take his weapon and leave, the cop won't chase me or shoot me.
    When I get back to my neighbourhood I'm going to grab a knife as well for good measure, then when the cops turn up I'll threaten to really hurt the first one that comes near, they can't shoot me because I'm far enough away (and I've turned my back) so I'm not a threat, but they can't arrest me because I'll fight and then they might hurt me - at which point they're going to jail and I'm getting rich.

So the outcome is that you get a call saying they're sorry, but they're just going to give up because they can't do anything.

Then the next day I'm coming for more of your stuff, and maybe your wife.
    The only way you're going to stop me is if you beg the police to hurt me and stop me, or you grow a set of balls and do it yourself.
    I've survived through worse.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission