TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How’s You and T’Other Half ?

Liked 6,658 in 4,140 posts
    Blog Entries

Default How’s You and T’Other Half ?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Me and Pen spend a lot of time together here anyway, but we do have our separate hobbies.

But we can’t do any of them now, and apart from her 2 shopping trips and dog walks, we’ve been together for 16 days.

But it’s been OK. I’ve been doing lots of DIY jobs and she’s been impressed with what I’ve done. So she’s been making lovely meals for dinner and tea, and pampering me.

She’s been doing plenty in the house and getting on with her hobbies. She’s made the top floor lounge her own and I’ve put a telly up there. And she’s doing plenty of stuff in her arts studio. And I hear her singing on the PA as well.

Overall, this has made us a bit closer, coz we both understand why we’re locked down and we’ve both lots to do

I imagine folks with kids are going berserk.

You ?

Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Liked 5,067 in 2,526 posts

Default Re: How’s You and T’Other Half ?

Me and Mrs G ok, but Gremlinette is tearful and really missing the social life. Everything we suggest is dismissed as rubbish and I'm really trying to stay calm with her. I know she's been out to meet her boyfriend and I'm annoyed and trying to get her to see reason.

FFS, we're only a week in.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Liked 6,658 in 4,140 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Me and Mrs G ok, but Gremlinette is tearful and really missing the social life. Everything we suggest is dismissed as rubbish and I'm really trying to stay calm with her. I know she's been out to meet her boyfriend and I'm annoyed and trying to get her to see reason.

FFS, we're only a week in.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Gaffer tape and cable ties.

But a bit more serious. You and (the lovely) Mrs G have brains. You'll have explained to KID about the situation, but she still went out

How about the 2m thicko, dole scrounging families ? They don't care. And many more

It's scary.

Liked 1,747 in 921 posts

Wifey and I have been together since we were 17, that's 40 years this year. No children. We spend a lot of time together anyway so being at home together full time isn't a problem.

5. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Pirahna:

Really Bored
    Liked 420 in 216 posts

TBH, we’re getting along fine. We’ve had one barney which was a couple of weeks ago but otherwise we’re keeping out of each other’s way. It kinda helps that we’ve worked together for the last three years so the only thing that’s changed is wfh instead of the office. We don’t have the kids living with us 24/7 so we have plenty of space to ourselves.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,110 in 1,028 posts
    Blog Entries

Stressful all round but it's the kids who are affected worst. They bury it and it comes out in unexpected ways - son in agarophobic tendencies he kinda always had, daughter in insecurity

Have a pact now not to talk about "it" in front of them - try to keep things on an even keel - and get them out for dog walks etc

My SiL is living with us as otherwise she'd be on her own, which doesn't help although we have the space (just!) as she has job loss fear stress as well

As a country we look in decent shape in terms of control at the moment, although no complacency, so that makes things more hopeful

8. The following user liked this post made by dodgy:

Liked 3,547 in 1,842 posts

We're doing OK. My wife and I have both had to make trips out to work, and of course i have the dog to walk. The kids would like to be out more, but they seem content to run around the garden, climb trees and generally mess around at home - they are only 8 & 6 though, I can imagine having teenagers would be a drama.

Although we don't have a massive house, we have always had a small home office, and we've made that a kid free zone so that we can at least work without being interrupted. It's not soundproof though and yesterday I was on a conference call and boy started 'playing the drums' outside the door on a drum kit he'd put together with cardboard boxes. Full points for amusing himself when I was busy and had told them to take some time off from the homeschooling, nil points for timing.

I guess it helps that we'r both busier than normal - and when we stop being busy we have loads to do in the house, garden and garage anyway. We're not going to get bored any time soon.

10. The following user liked this post made by balbas:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,574 in 1,537 posts
    Blog Entries

Generally doing OK here, but it's just "OK", it's the long term financial worry that's a deal for me rather than anything else. Our biggest customers are Aerospace and Motorsport, Mrs. D works in property, so...........fortunately we won't be destitute for several years even if we stopped getting paid tomorrow.

Baby Dazzle is only 2 so she's no idea what's going on. I'm more worried about her vegetating than anything else! She hasn't seen any faces except mine and Mrs. D's for a couple of weeks now, but she's spoken to a few people on Skype etc. She'd be perfectly content to watch Peppa Pig all day, we're trying to keep her engaged with other stuff.

Mrs. D bought a shit load of craft and activity stuff before the lock down, which in hindsight was a brilliant move. My mum also posted us a little toddlers apron and wooden spoon set and I've been making cakes etc. with her. We're also going to try and have a zoom meeting with all her nursery class mates some time soon.

Liked 1,488 in 1,056 posts

Sausages

Liked 121 in 67 posts

I’m recently retired but my work hours used to mean I was home most of the day anyway albeit in bed for part of it.
    My wife didn’t work so we’re used to being together

This staying awake during the day every day is new to me though.

We’re missing going out for meals and such. We used to go out several times a week even if it was just breakfast at a cafe.

We’re both getting bored though.

I’m dying to get out on my bike.

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 5,143 in 3,224 posts

So far no real bother, OK it's doing my swede that I'm the only one in the house working whilst the other 2 are generally treating it like a wet weekend end lock in, but it ain't nothing to get all riled up about.

Our daughter is coping by skating every day, handy that she has the key to the local Scout / Guide hut, so she takes herself off for an hour or 2 and gets to exercise / blow off steam and still be isolated.

Liked 2,491 in 1,117 posts

It's fine. Wife, Daughter and me all working remotely from own office areas and coming together at break and meal times and enjoying evening dog walk together. It's tough on daughter but being 11 and a digital native, she's keeping in touch with friends via house party and facetime

16. The following user liked this post made by nidge:

Courchevel 1650 (winter). Biarritz (summer)
    Liked 1,670 in 976 posts

I have no other half, not sure if it's better this way or worse??

I am getting rather bored of the 90% of parents 'whining' about having to have their kids at home.
    Particularly ones who say things to me like "ohh but you're alright, you haven't got kids to deal with", by my recollection most of those people have told me in the past "you're missing out by not having kids" ?!!!

Which is it then?

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 5,143 in 3,224 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post

I am getting rather bored of the 90% of parents 'whining' about having to have their kids at home.
    Particularly ones who say things to me like "ohh but you're alright, you haven't got kids to deal with", by my recollection most of those people have told me in the past "you're missing out by not having kids" ?!!!

Which is it then?
    The latter.
    Short term pain is nothing compared to the long term gains of having children, IMHO of course, it ain't not for everyone

19. The following user liked this post made by mrlongbeard:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,110 in 1,028 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post

Which is it then?
    If I lived on my own I’d get lonely pretty quickly under these conditions, not nice

The kids aren’t annoying. It’s just stressful trying to keep things “normal” for them when they aren’t. Not to hide it but just to try to protect them/minimise the impact

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission