TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: INCOMING !... What ? No, really ? It can't be ? surely ! Another one ?

Really Bored
    Liked 894 in 567 posts

Default Re: INCOMING !... What ? No, really ? It can't be ? surely ! Another one ?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    I'm all for buying more bikes. But wouldn't it be easier / more effective to let her decide what she wants?

Liked 6,083 in 3,819 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: INCOMING !... What ? No, really ? It can't be ? surely ! Another one ?

Quote Originally Posted by MsignorMartinez View Post
    I'm all for buying more bikes. But wouldn't it be easier / more effective to let her decide what she wants?
    A new kitchen ?

Liked 10,150 in 5,294 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    How will a dull plain blue and white bike fit in with the Fisher Price Beta?
    ftfy!

Liked 10,427 in 5,964 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    How will a dull plain blue bike fit in with the Fisher Price KTM ?
    The same as a red one did ?

Quote Originally Posted by MsignorMartinez View Post
    Did you not read the thread ? That's exactly what i've done.

Liked 6,142 in 3,177 posts

I'm struggling to remember but I thought you sold the last 636 because neither of you liked it?

6. The following user liked this post made by icarus1859:

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    I'm struggling to remember but I thought you sold the last 636 because neither of you liked it?
    The last 636 was a 600.. as was the one before

I certainly wasn't keen... The wife seemed more non-plussed than anything. Certainly at first she hated it on the road, but i then lengthened the wheelbase as it was +3 on the rear so went standard rear. I also then got the suspension tweaked at track and she seemed happy enough, but didn't really jump out at me as loving it...

It seems hindsight is a wonderful tool and it wasn't until she rode the R1, she realised that it wasn't what she wanted after all. Partly my mistake, partly hers i guess... But the simple answer is, the R1 wasn't right for her and the 600 is the new bike coming in next weekend (Hopefully).

Personally i quite liked the R1 myself on track, I only did the 1 session on it at Pembrey and really quite enjoyed it. OCD also rode it at Pembrey and enjoyed it

But it's not about what i like/want, nor what OCD wants... It's about what Mrs Weeksy wants and she tells me she wants the old 600 back... Funnily enough, i could have got OUR 600 back LOL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-...YAAOSwjGpZ19lI

It's still in there at 4299.

We paid 3450 for this one, with only 12,000 on the clocks. So some of the extra will go on tracktime for her, getting her to gel with both the bike and trackdays, get her out a bit more... I think it's really made her look forward to the coming year now, which it seems she wasn't.

donnyhairpin_zpsboaywkej by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

8. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Liked 6,142 in 3,177 posts

I have to look back on my threads on here quite often to see what I thought about bikes, because it's easy to look back with rose tinted specs.
    I almost bought my ZX6 back recently but I read my posts on here and decided against it.

It is what it is though, the good thing about a decent secondhand market is that you can swap and change as many times as you like until you find something that suits, you got through a fair few bikes before you found the 690.

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    I have to look back on my threads on here quite often to see what I thought about bikes, because it's easy to look back with rose tinted specs.
    I almost bought my ZX6 back recently but I read my posts on here and decided against it.

It is what it is though, the good thing about a decent secondhand market is that you can swap and change as many times as you like until you find something that suits, you got through a fair few bikes before you found the 690.
    The wife isn't very good with that either... Me, i seem to remember every single foible, both riding and spannering about each and every bike, almost Rainman sort of levels. But for example i was asking her about the GSXR 750 K7 we had, the blue trackbike with white undertray, she doesn't even recall riding it, let alone whether it was good/bad. I guess that's as much my fault as anything as we've swapped so often, she went 3 years without ever riding the same bike twice.
    The 600 we've bought for decent money, so you're right, if she doesn't like it then it can be shipped out easily again.

We've both made a little bit of a promise to ourselves on this, i've promised not to sell it on a whim, she's promised to make more tracktime as i don't think it's helping matters much only being twice a year.. Even 1 extra would help.

Assuming this ZX6R is all good, any minor issues we'll work on ironing out. She didn't have any handling issues with it, neither did Couchie or Legion748 when they both tested it, that was on a 23,000 mile bike.. So as long as we set this one up, it should be sweet.

The only 2 real weakpoints on these are valve clearances and discs... I can sort either quite easily if something happens there after purchase, so i'm not too worried.

Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Liked 3,770 in 1,690 posts

Can I borrow it for Rockingham ?

12. The following user liked this post made by couchcommando:

Quote Originally Posted by couchcommando View Post
    She'll be on it... If you go in Fast, i can't see why not.

Liked 1,572 in 692 posts

You won't have time to ride it there matey- that's the first round of the 390 Duke Old Giffers Cup

15. The following user liked this post made by TrickyDicky:

Liked 1,117 in 728 posts

I'm going to see groundhog day tonight
    What are you doing tomorrow night?

Liked 2,116 in 1,269 posts

Quote Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
    What are you doing tomorrow night?
    Answering his phone messages no doubt...

Liked 10,150 in 5,294 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    WTF, why does that guy take photos of the bike at an angle like that? It looks ridiculous?

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    WTF, why does that guy take photos of the bike at an angle like that? It looks ridiculous?
    I guess it makes the lean angles look better ? I think it looks cool. But admittedly i am biased

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission