TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Arai Sizing

  1. #1
    Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    21,437
    Like
    1,335
    Liked 4,045 in 2,589 posts

    Default Arai Sizing


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    What now Shoei have buggered about with their shapes I need to look at other brands of lid.
    Tried on an Arai Axces in xxl and it were right proper comfy, but I'm a smidge concerned that it might have been too comfortable and in a year or so I'll feel like I've my head in a wizards sleeve.

    I've got a 62cm head, always have, which suggests I should be an xl in most lids, unfortunately J&S didn't have any in that size to try, and the shop I can get to easily after work doesn't do Axces's.

    So before I drop a wedge ordering an xxl Arai from Germany (can't see any in this country) how do Arai sizes normally compare to the lines if Shoe I etc?

  2. #2
    Should Get Out More KungFooBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Forest Moon of Endor
    Posts
    15,053
    Like
    360
    Liked 6,113 in 3,504 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    I'm a medium Arai... but my MT Helmets Piss Pot is an XL. I'm a L in an LS2.

    J&S are the worst Arai dealer ever. There must be somewhere local you can try?

    I've got an Axces II, it quite nice for budget (in comparison to the rest of the Arai range) lid. Mines the Sensei in red, which they also do in the newer Axces III

  3. #3
    Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    21,437
    Like
    1,335
    Liked 4,045 in 2,589 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post

    J&S are the worst Arai dealer ever. There must be somewhere local you can try?
    J&S are the closest at about an hour away.

  4. #4
    Retired & Happy Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    36,486
    Like
    4,740
    Liked 4,796 in 3,001 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    You can buy differing sizes of cheek pads. A good Arai dealer should advise accordingly.

  5. #5
    Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    21,437
    Like
    1,335
    Liked 4,045 in 2,589 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    You can buy differing sizes of cheek pads. A good Arai dealer should advise accordingly.
    T'int the cheek pads which are the issue, more the bonce itself, and as the axces hasn't got a replaceable skull cap you're stuck with what you've got.

  6. #6
    Retired & Happy Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    36,486
    Like
    4,740
    Liked 4,796 in 3,001 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    T'int the cheek pads which are the issue, more the bonce itself, and as the axces hasn't got a replaceable skull cap you're stuck with what you've got.
    I believe there are 2 different shell shapes. I didn't fit the Axces model. But my Chaser fits great.

  7. #7
    At Work asmethurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Krayville
    Posts
    1,390
    Like
    775
    Liked 228 in 183 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    I'm a medium Arai... but my MT Helmets Piss Pot is an XL. I'm a L in an LS2.

    J&S are the worst Arai dealer ever. There must be somewhere local you can try?

    I've got an Axces II, it quite nice for budget (in comparison to the rest of the Arai range) lid. Mines the Sensei in red, which they also do in the newer Axces III
    I've got the same helmet XL from eBay ( JS didn't have much other than a mat black one) ...I've got a large bounce and its nice and snug .

  8. #8
    Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    21,437
    Like
    1,335
    Liked 4,045 in 2,589 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    Quote Originally Posted by asmethurst View Post
    I've got the same helmet XL from eBay ( JS didn't have much other than a mat black one) ...I've got a large bounce and its nice and snug .
    What does 'a large bonce' translate to numbers as?

  9. #9
    At Work asmethurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Krayville
    Posts
    1,390
    Like
    775
    Liked 228 in 183 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    As soon as I finished typing I thought it was unhelpful.
    Handnt bought a helmet for five years when I bought this one - I thought I would need an xxl but the xl was a good fit.

  10. #10
    Should Get Out More GiantPygmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    20,916
    Like
    5,516
    Liked 4,432 in 2,428 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    Try a XL - if you're a 62, like you say, its an Arai XL.

  11. #11
    Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    21,437
    Like
    1,335
    Liked 4,045 in 2,589 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    Quote Originally Posted by asmethurst View Post
    As soon as I finished typing I thought it was unhelpful.
    Handnt bought a helmet for five years when I bought this one - I thought I would need an xxl but the xl was a good fit.
    S'not that it was unhelpful fella, juts need to get a feel for these Arai's

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Try a XL - if you're a 62, like you say, its an Arai XL.
    That's the plan, I know way back when I couldn't get my head into one, but with all the shapes changing will be trying to track one down.

  12. The following user liked this post made by mrlongbeard:


  13. #12
    At Work asmethurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Krayville
    Posts
    1,390
    Like
    775
    Liked 228 in 183 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    I was in similar quandary and didn't want the faff of buying and sending back etc.
    I wanted to buy when I tried on in a shop but like I said JS only had a Matt black one and I don't even think it was an Axces 11.
    In the end I bought from e bay as its easier to return - we live opposite a Post Office and it was a good price -fitted really well just like the one in the shop.
    Good helmet better vision looking back than my shark flip front .

  14. #13
    Should Get Out More GiantPygmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    20,916
    Like
    5,516
    Liked 4,432 in 2,428 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post



    That's the plan, I know way back when I couldn't get my head into one, but with all the shapes changing will be trying to track one down.
    Its an excuse for a bimble at the weekend in the sunshine too

  15. #14
    Should Get Out More Lostboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,979
    Like
    4,378
    Liked 1,308 in 836 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    Infinity have Axces 2 and Axces 3 XLs in stock - they're generally very, very helpful so worth a quick call to explain your predicament? If there isn't one within a couple of hours they have a realistic returns policy.

  16. #15
    Should Get Out More Bigyin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,272
    Like
    1,854
    Liked 2,849 in 1,527 posts

    Default Re: Arai Sizing

    I am a 58 bonce and had always taken L in Shoei and Shark lids but i felt they were too loose after a couple of years. My Arai Astro is a M and a tight fit when bought but still snug 10 years on. Same for my Tour X3 after 6 years or so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission