Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: COTA - Texas MotoGP

  1. #16
    Should Get Out More Lostboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,984
    Like
    4,378
    Liked 1,306 in 835 posts

    Default Re: COTA - Texas MotoGP

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    I feel for Scotty and Bradders. They ain't getting the results, but they ain't too far behind the asparagus brothers, who'll they be measured against.
    There's something very strange going on with the pair of them. They've both been ahead of their team mates this year in practice, have be close qualifying, then both had ridiculously poor races - in Scott's case with some ridiculous tactical decisions (hard front and rear yesterday when the whole field was on Medium front - same sort of thing in Qatar).

  2. #17
    Should Get Out More Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Back home
    Posts
    33,691
    Like
    1,511
    Liked 2,058 in 1,049 posts
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: COTA - Texas MotoGP

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostboy View Post
    And we all know that there's only one person allowed to be bigger than the sport don't we. Rolls eyes.
    LOLzballs

    Well it was rather a masterclass wasn't it. I don't mind what penalties they hand down as long as they're consistent with it, and that for me has been a major irritation, the way certain favourites could get away with doing whatever the hell they liked. As it was, MM had a point to make and he made it. Sadly there's still some butthurt fanbois out there who won't let it go.

  3. The following user liked this post made by Tomcat:


  4. #18
    Should Get Out More Supermofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,802
    Like
    2,486
    Liked 1,288 in 837 posts

    Default Re: COTA - Texas MotoGP

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    The big disappointment for me was the performance of the British riders. its only 2 races in but It wouldn't be a surprise to see Crutchlow being the sole british representative in all GP classes of racing next year.
    I was thinking that when Suzi was interviewing Wayne Rainey. The talk was about the lack of US riders in MotoGP but I couldn't help but draw parallels with the lack of Brit talent. Cal whilst Def good enough to be there is no spring chicken and the current crop from the last golden generation Smith, Redding, Lowes, Kent, McPhee just aren't getting the results they need. Who's coming through to replace them?

  5. #19
    Retired & Happy Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    36,204
    Like
    4,616
    Liked 4,733 in 2,955 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: COTA - Texas MotoGP

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    I was thinking that when Suzi was interviewing Wayne Rainey. The talk was about the lack of US riders in MotoGP but I couldn't help but draw parallels with the lack of Brit talent. Cal whilst Def good enough to be there is no spring chicken and the current crop from the last golden generation Smith, Redding, Lowes, Kent, McPhee just aren't getting the results they need. Who's coming through to replace them?
    Kent was world champion. Can't do much better than that

  6. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Yorick:


  7. #20
    Should Get Out More Supermofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,802
    Like
    2,486
    Liked 1,288 in 837 posts

    Default Re: COTA - Texas MotoGP

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Kent was world champion. Can't do much better than that
    Absolutely he was a world champion but I'm talking about his results now, as in what talent it coming through. Kent is currently 17th with 4 points in 3 rounds following pretty much nothing since his WC. He isn't hot property.

  8. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Supermofo:


  9. #21
    Retired & Happy Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    36,204
    Like
    4,616
    Liked 4,733 in 2,955 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: COTA - Texas MotoGP

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Absolutely he was a world champion but I'm talking about his results now, as in what talent it coming through. Kent is currently 17th with 4 points in 3 rounds following pretty much nothing since his WC. He isn't hot property.
    Ok. I'll give you that

  10. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum