Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zarco to KTM?

Liked 4,733 in 2,955 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Zarco to KTM?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    If you hover over the link it looks like "pol espagaro resigns red bull ktm until 2020"

I was thinking "Don't fucking blame him, it's been rubbish this year"
    I reckon they're on a good wage

Liked 1,460 in 901 posts

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/0...seasons/256955

Done deal for the Mighty Zarco. Smith is out by the looks of it. Pity as he could analyse and ride.

Liked 1,271 in 655 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Makman View Post
    Smith is out by the looks of it. Pity as he could analyse and ride.
    He can't beat his team mate though.

4. The following user liked this post made by Pirahna:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Aha. He still seems upbeat

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89...am-not-out-job

Liked 1,271 in 655 posts

I was willing to give him a chance but anyone wearing their hat over their ears deserves the sack.

7. The following 6 users liked this useful post by Pirahna:

Liked 1,460 in 901 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    I was willing to give him a chance but anyone wearing their hat over their ears deserves the sack.

It is because he is a Vulcan, and they don't want a real alien there you see.....

Blog Entries

Tech3 have signed Oliveira

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...-championship/

And in an interview during Quali, Herve said the last KTM seat is either The Fish, or a new rider from Moto2.

So no place for Bradders or Kallio.

10. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:

Liked 8,764 in 5,024 posts

to continue with the thread theme

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...tterings-jerez

30 PER CENT CHANCE IANNONE WILL STAY AT SUZUKI'
    Chasing who-goes-where stories can be the biggest waste of time in the paddock. Millions of Euros, the careers of riders and the reputation of manufacturers are at stake, so why would anyone tell a journalist the truth until deals have been signed, sealed and delivered? Until then, the words of riders, factory staff, rider managers and everyone else means zilch.

Nevertheless, there’s always one rider manager worth talking to, even if you know he’s not always telling the truth. Carlo Pernat has looked after Max Biaggi, Loris Capirossi, Marco Simoncelli and now, Andrea Iannone.

With most of next year’s deals already as good as done, the focus is on Iannone and Lorenzo, who are both working to raise their stock after failing to win any races since 2016. But MotoGP is fast running out of 2019 factory rides. Both Lorenzo and Iannone have a chance with Suzuki. The Spaniard was favourite, but things may have changed since the Italian came good with podiums at COTA and Jerez.

“We need one or two races, maybe Mugello, before we can really talk with Suzuki about Andrea,” said Pernat. “The Suzuki is coming good and right now I think there is a 30 per cent chance that Andrea will stay with Suzuki. But I don’t think Lorenzo is Suzuki’s dream.

“Now there’s not so many factory bikes left. There’s one Ducati, one Suzuki and one Aprilia, plus one factory bike at Pramac. I think it’s difficult to see Lorenzo staying at Ducati because Ducati is pushing for [Jack] Miller. That leaves one free place at Pramac, because [Pecco] Bagnaia is already coming and [Danilo] Petrucci isn’t in a good situation. Maybe he will go to Aprilia. So now Suzuki can play for Andrea and Lorenzo. They will wait until they have the knife in their hand: you want a Suzuki? OK, you must come on our conditions!

“For sure, Honda will take Pedrosa for one more year, because he is the perfect team-mate for Marc, while they wait for [reigning Moto3 champ Joan] Mir. Dovizioso for sure will stay with Ducati; he’s just been playing the usual game, talking to other factories. What I also know is that KTM signed Zarco in December – it was his Christmas gift.”

Pernat believes that Iannone’s much-improved results aren’t all down to Suzuki’s hard work. “At the last races Andrea has changed his riding style because it’s impossible to ride the Suzuki the way he rode the Ducati: braking at the last minute and so on. He started to work at changing his technique in the Buriram and Qatar tests. I spoke with him a while back: Andrea it’s better to ride the bike the way the bike wants to be ridden."

Dovizioso’s manager Simone Battistella agrees that his rider is on the verge of inking another deal with the factory he joined in 2013. “We have no other offer on the table,” he said at Jerez.

MILLER TIME AT DUCATI?
    If Ducati doesn’t agree terms with Lorenzo, the company is in a great position to hire born-again Aussie Jack Miller.

Former racer Tardozzi, who is responsible for some of the factory’s greatest successes, has huge respect for the youngster but doesn’t want to put too much pressure on him too soon.

“Jack is still climbing the learning curve because he didn’t have the best opportunities in his first years in MotoGP, so I think he has a lot to grow,” said Tardozzi. “First, we asked him to be consistent, then once he is consistent, he can work at being fast. He is doing this. But we need to wait and not put pressure on him. We need time with him; maybe not one year, maybe two years, but we trust that he has the talent to become a very fast Ducati rider. His riding attitude suits our bike perfectly: if the bike isn’t turning then he makes it turn!”

It’s no coincidence that Ducati’s greatest riders are Aussies who grew up riding dirt track; Casey Stoner, Troy Bayliss and now perhaps Miller. Dirt trackers use the rear brake all the time to help control the bike, so with Miller it’s as natural as opening the throttle, while Dovizioso, Lorenzo and Petrucci had to learn this technique when they climbed aboard the Desmosedici.

“I’d hate to see my rear brake temperature,” grinned Miller at Jerez, where the numerous long sweeping curves kept his right foot very busy. “I’m burying the rear brake, I don’t think it gets much of a rest. I used the brake with the Honda more to stop the bike and stop wheelies. With this bike it’s more to help the bike turn.”

Miller shrugged off any 2019 factory-ride rumours. “I’ve got an option with Ducati, so it’s whether or not they use it,” he said.

12. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Blog Entries

Herve says no place for Bradders....

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89...makes-no-sense

KTM boss says he's still got a chance....

https://www.crash.net/motogp/intervi...-ktm-interview

Liked 1,288 in 837 posts

I guess it's down to Bradley over the next few races. Unless he pulls his socks up I can't see him in the Tech 3 team, the only reason KTM will want him is to help bring the bike on so if he does that then maybe he'll get to keep his job. BUT Tech 3 has normally been up and coming riders and Bradley isn't that anymore so I can see why Herve would say no at the moment. I'd maybe give Binder a shot.

Not Much To Do
    Liked 290 in 136 posts

Rins has annouced another 2 years at Suzuki

Liked 1,306 in 835 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    I'd maybe give Binder a shot.
    On what basis? Been bang average in Moto2 (yes I'm aware of the injury!), constantly out-performed by his team mate.

On the other hand he's a Red Bull favourite and has been with KTM since time began, so of course they'll give it to him!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum