TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An outside painting access question

Should Get Out More demographic's Avatar
    Less than fifty miles from Moscow, honest guv...
    Liked 1,371 in 822 posts

Default Re: An outside painting access question

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Sadly, like many people in London and elsewhere, if she wanted to buy it now she wouldn't have a hope in hell. So I'll keep looking at scaffold options.
    Fair enough, I'm not afraid of heights by the way, have done a fair bit of proper crag climbing on my spare time but as far as work is concerned I just can't be done with fighting on like a divvy to make a few quid.

Easy is faster and often saves money on the long run anyway.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    Liked 4,293 in 2,692 posts
    Blog Entries

LOL. Offers in excess of 900K!!!
    900k is plenty enough to retire well somewhere nice. Or live in a tiny house In a noisy, busy city.

Liked 1,155 in 602 posts

I know what you mean. I don't really need to earn money that way, it's more to help her out. Her bloke is a bit useless when it comes to any sort of home maintenance (not his fault) and they don't have the tools to do it anyway.

The home maintenance thing is a good topic. My dad got us involved when he was doing stuff, whether it was painting and wallpapering inside or a bit of brickwork outside, he was a very handy bloke and liked to work with sister and I. He learnt a lot of his stuff from his dad and from various jobs he had before joining the army. I like to think I've got a practical nature and have built on the foundations my dad set so I' able to do a lot more before calling in the experts. My sisters bloke on the other hand has no practical skills at all, he quite happily watches gobsmacked if I do or make anything. One of the big differences is that is grandfather was killed in WW2 when his father was very young so none of the basics of looking after a house got handed down. He's interested enough to learn but not confident to put learning into practice so most of the time they either get me round or pay.

5. The following user liked this post made by Pirahna:

Liked 1,155 in 602 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    900k is plenty enough to retire well somewhere nice. Or live in a tiny house In a noisy, busy city.
    I can't argue with that. They do have an 11 year old son who's starting secondary school later this year, just bringing him up will eat into the profit from the house.

Blog Entries

I can't argue with that. They do have an 11 year old son who's starting secondary school later this year, just bringing him up will eat into the profit from the house.
    I still think it's mad when folk want to live in London when it's so expensive.

Liked 1,970 in 962 posts
    Blog Entries

Sadly, like many people in London and elsewhere, if she wanted to buy it now she wouldn't have a hope in hell. So I'll keep looking at scaffold options.
    See if you can hire kwik form scaffold .much easier than trying to put poles up with fittings.basically you just put them together using wedges which isn't too hard.just make sure it's level when you start and the rest is fairly easy.
    id use a pole rather than go all the way to the top as it'll be difficult to key it into the house .
    look for kwik stage .its the better known scaffold
    Last edited by MrTack; 14-05-18 at 15:11. Reason: error

Liked 1,972 in 1,177 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrTack View Post
    See if you can hire kwik form scaffold .much easier than trying to put poles up with fittings.basically you just put them together using wedges which isn't too hard.just make sure it's level when you start and the rest is fairly easy.
    id use a pole rather than go all the way to the top as it'll be difficult to key it into the house .
    look for kwik stage .its the better known scaffold
    Yeah - I've got access to some sectional reconfigurable stuff that you can literally throw up in ten minutes, use it all the time.

10. The following user liked this post made by DefTrap:

Liked 2,305 in 1,522 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    I still think it's mad when folk want to live in London when it's so expensive.
    If the work was elsewhere and everyone moved there, then prices would go up to match.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    If the work was elsewhere and everyone moved there, then prices would go up to match.
    I always earned London wages. Didn't need to live or work there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum