Thread: solutions for 2 diff sorts of really small audio amplifiers pls. One can be rubbish!

Liked 1,431 in 1,001 posts
    Blog Entries

Question solutions for 2 diff sorts of really small audio amplifiers pls. One can be rubbish!

My stepdad does a lot of picture framing & things with wood. He has a very well stuffed corner of the garage, so well stuffed that space is at a real premium. i.e. shelves, tools, & paints over every wall space. But he does like his music. I've a pair of wee square speakers (square, you can pick them up with the span of one hand) but what I really need is an amp same kind of size. Or smaller in footprint. Height not such a bother. Now gives there's machines, banging, chiseling, sanding & whatnot work going on I don't think we're talking HQ** here. Or power-should think 5W would be enough.

Ideally I'd this low cost. I can see that one of those say computer speakers sets might have done it, but the ones we have have the amp built into one speaker. Local dump won't let me walk away with anything electrical either.

** OTOH now you're in the mood, I could do with such a thing too. But HQ & prob about 15W, pref with a bluetooth input and phono. That can be bigger, but not full width.

So far for myself I've found this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEPY-LP-202...RGFT47JXMA15M4

or there's talk about this, which I can't find on ebay?
    http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/t-amp_e.html

or I could build one?!

Liked 2,149 in 1,293 posts

Default Re: solutions for 2 diff sorts of really small audio amplifiers pls. One can be rubbi

All a bit shit and retro surely?

Just get a Bluetooth speaker? Those jbl ones are great.

3. The following user liked this post made by DefTrap:

Liked 2,637 in 1,579 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: solutions for 2 diff sorts of really small audio amplifiers pls. One can be rubbi

Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    All a bit shit and retro surely?

Just get a Bluetooth speaker? Those jbl ones are great.

I've got a Muvo 2c. Palm sized, but surprisingly good. Takes a micro SD card too

30 quid from Amazon.

https://uk.creative.com/p/speakers/creative-muvo-2c

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,000 in 2,560 posts

I've got the computer speakers & sub set up in my garage, mostly because it was free, but for the 20 or so quid they cost I'd do it again.

Liked 1,714 in 794 posts

Yamaha MusicCast for me. You can start with a small self amplified speaker like the WX-010, or as I have done, Yamaha RX Aventage series amp for main listening with WX-010s dotted around the house to stream either individually or link to the main unit (wirelessly) and fill every room with the same music. Obviously the small speakers arenít as good as the main unit (pictured) but are a step up from my previous solution which was a Bose Bluetooth IMO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Should Get Out More TheEnglishman's Avatar
    Liked 705 in 441 posts
    Blog Entries

Iím using raspberry Pi based systems and Volumio to stream internet radio or my iTunes library off a NAS.

At Work
    Liked 367 in 219 posts

The Lepai LP-2020A+ is the dogs danglies,
    it's a few years old now so dont know if they still sell them
    but the one you listed Ed is similar, not sure if it is as good though ?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-...-vs-2024a.html

9. The following user liked this post made by Eclipse:

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 1,980 in 891 posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnglishman View Post
    Iím using raspberry Pi based systems and Volumio to stream internet radio or my iTunes library off a NAS.
    Volumio, raspberry Pi and Burr Brown DAC. Can't tell you how impressed I was when I set mine up.

11. The following user liked this post made by Derek Badger:

Liked 1,070 in 809 posts

We install these wall mounted amps into school classrooms.

Not sure if they will suit your needs. Scroll down a bit...

https://www.nuvo.co.nz/audio-systems/power-amplifiers/

Go Back to Forum My Forum