Thread: Recommendations for a single IP camera for the porch

Really Bored
    Liked 127 in 100 posts

Default Recommendations for a single IP camera for the porch

Its not for me but my mum, she has a normal door bell and was talking about those Ring bells with the camera built in but would a stand along IP camera be better, she has a porch which covers the front door so it would be in a good position in the corner of the porch facing the front door, she has the usual Ipad and iphone so it could connect to this..... any opinions on the Ring bell/camera vs an IP stand alone ?

Liked 1,616 in 967 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recommendations for a single IP camera for the porch

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
    Its not for me but my mum, she has a normal door bell and was talking about those Ring bells with the camera built in but would a stand along IP camera be better, she has a porch which covers the front door so it would be in a good position in the corner of the porch facing the front door, she has the usual Ipad and iphone so it could connect to this..... any opinions on the Ring bell/camera vs an IP stand alone ?
    Mate of mine has one of the Motorola Focus IP cameras and reckons it is the dogs nuts, but then again, he always goes to Elevenarife on holiday... Having bitched about him, Iíve messed around with his set up and it works a treat. His has pan/tilt/zoom functionality as well as cloud and mobile app.

Im considering that system myself as you can add additional cameras.

I think Taipan has a Ring door bell camera doodah.

Liked 193 in 115 posts

These are pretty good!

https://www.cammy.com/gb/

Really Bored
    Liked 876 in 505 posts

Hikivision - cheap, feature rich.

/thread

5. The following user liked this post made by rudolph:

Liked 7,551 in 3,962 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Car View Post
    Mate of mine has one of the Motorola Focus IP cameras and reckons it is the dogs nuts, but then again, he always goes to Elevenarife on holiday... Having bitched about him, I’ve messed around with his set up and it works a treat. His has pan/tilt/zoom functionality as well as cloud and mobile app.

Im considering that system myself as you can add additional cameras.

I think Taipan has a Ring door bell camera doodah.
    I've got the original Nest camera. Does what we want, but the latest one is much better quality apparently? The one I have isn't great and I cant read my opposite neighbours car reg number. With Nest you have to pay £7 a month fro nest aware if you want to be able to review your footage over the last month, otherwise its just in real time.

FWIW, those Ring doorbells are really popular round our way and clips of scroates trying front doors etc are often featured on the FB crime page. I'm trying to get my step Dad and in-laws to get one installed. You really want the wired one and not the battery one if you get one.

Go Back to Forum My Forum