TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Kent, where to stay?

  1. #31
    Should Get Out More Gregor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,883
    Like
    1,063
    Liked 429 in 251 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    And for the love of God, never go to Leysdown.

    Ever.
    Yeah ......Think Jaywick only more deprived and downmarket.


  2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
  3. The following user liked this post made by Gregor:


  4. #32
    Should Get Out More Taipan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boerthal's hill
    Posts
    43,294
    Like
    10,899
    Liked 6,814 in 3,601 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?

    Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    And for the love of God, never go to Leysdown.

    Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    Yeah ......Think Jaywick only more deprived and downmarket.
    I like to visit places like that, it makes me feel good about where I live...

  5. #33
    Expecting rain saga_lout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Essex, innit
    Posts
    25,058
    Like
    3,230
    Liked 3,976 in 2,666 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?

    Quote Originally Posted by hawker View Post
    If you want to travel another 22miles or so there are some damn good cafes and restaurants serving croissants, coffee and other tasty foods. It should only take about 90 minutes to get there I think. Nicer than Kent anyway!
    HTH?
    I've been there, the place is full of foreigners.

  6. The following user liked this post made by saga_lout:


  7. #34
    Should Get Out More McSatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Auchenshoogle
    Posts
    7,534
    Like
    224
    Liked 1,071 in 509 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    I like to visit places like that, it makes me feel good about where I live...
    Swanley is the very place for you, then! Just off J3 of the M25, it has a large population of second and third generation settled into council houses pikeys. Apart from Hastings it's one of the few towns where you can still see dogshit on streets everywhere. You can marvel at the sight of leggings and crop top clad overweight wimmin, bellowing at their offspring in Asda, calling 5 year olds 'c.unts' for shoplifting in full view of the staff.

  8. #35
    Should Get Out More Taipan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boerthal's hill
    Posts
    43,294
    Like
    10,899
    Liked 6,814 in 3,601 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?

    Quote Originally Posted by McSatan View Post
    Swanley is the very place for you, then! Just off J3 of the M25, it has a large population of second and third generation settled into council houses pikeys. Apart from Hastings it's one of the few towns where you can still see dogshit on streets everywhere. You can marvel at the sight of leggings and crop top clad overweight wimmin, bellowing at their offspring in Asda, calling 5 year olds 'c.unts' for shoplifting in full view of the staff.

    Wow, a home from home!

  9. #36
    Should Get Out More Mussels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Not in London
    Posts
    16,959
    Like
    1,157
    Liked 1,049 in 746 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?

    Quote Originally Posted by McSatan View Post
    Swanley is the very place for you, then! Just off J3 of the M25, it has a large population of second and third generation settled into council houses pikeys. Apart from Hastings it's one of the few towns where you can still see dogshit on streets everywhere. You can marvel at the sight of leggings and crop top clad overweight wimmin, bellowing at their offspring in Asda, calling 5 year olds 'c.unts' for shoplifting in full view of the staff.
    I remember hearing one woman bellowing at her kids in that Asda, they were called Porche and Mercedes.
    Anyway, is Eastbourne much better?

  10. #37
    Should Get Out More McSatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Auchenshoogle
    Posts
    7,534
    Like
    224
    Liked 1,071 in 509 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
    I remember hearing one woman bellowing at her kids in that Asda, they were called Porche and Mercedes.
    Anyway, is Eastbourne much better?
    Low crime rate, sunshine, good pubs, restaurants, seaside, damn right it is! Anyway, I live in Pevensey Bay now. It's even better!

  11. #38
    Expecting rain saga_lout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Essex, innit
    Posts
    25,058
    Like
    3,230
    Liked 3,976 in 2,666 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
    I remember hearing one woman bellowing at her kids in that Asda, they were called Porche and Mercedes.
    Anyway, is Eastbourne much better?
    I don't see the problem, Portia is a fine, Shakespearean name and Mercedes was a girl's name long before it was a car's name.

  12. #39
    Should Get Out More Supermofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,556
    Like
    2,268
    Liked 1,168 in 764 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
    I remember hearing one woman bellowing at her kids in that Asda, they were called Porche and Mercedes.
    Anyway, is Eastbourne much better?
    She'd left Beemer and Audi at home

  13. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:


  14. #40
    Should Get Out More Mussels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Not in London
    Posts
    16,959
    Like
    1,157
    Liked 1,049 in 746 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?

    Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    I don't see the problem, Portia is a fine, Shakespearean name and Mercedes was a girl's name long before it was a car's name.
    I bet I have the spelling correct in her case.

  15. The following user liked this post made by Mussels:


  16. #41
    Should Get Out More slowsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    RoI
    Posts
    6,795
    Like
    280
    Liked 1,391 in 921 posts

    Default Re: Kent, where to stay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
    I bet I have the spelling correct in her case.
    Or not Have an 's'.

  17. The following user liked this post made by slowsider:


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum