TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Pixel 2 XL

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 3,818 in 2,449 posts

Default Pixel 2 XL

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Any owners on here, looking for longish term idea on what you think of it as I'm thinking of picking one up as everything else has gone glass backed.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    Liked 1,179 in 617 posts

Default Re: Pixel 2 XL

They're jolly expensive. I needed a new phone a couple of months ago and bought a Nokia 8, it has a metal back. Same Android OS with no bloatware and apart from the slightly smaller size it's almost identical in specs. A quick search shows they're still just under 300 compared to 800 for the Pixel 2 XL. It came with 7.1 but updated to 8 straight from the box.

Them are pricey, but I keep my phones for at least 3 - 4 years so it soon evens out, but on contract the difference for my network with the data I want is only a hundred quid or so over 24 months against your Nokia
    The alternative is the Oneplus 5T but it's sold out in Europe except for O2 and they're still asking top whack

Liked 1,179 in 617 posts

Fair enough. I keep my phones until they die but buy my phones SIM free. That Pixel 2 XL will cost you around 1200 over 2 years, my SIM only contract will cost me 400 over the same period plus the cost of a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Fair enough. I keep my phones until they die but buy my phones SIM free. That Pixel 2 XL will cost you around 1200 over 2 years, my SIM only contract will cost me 400 over the same period plus the cost of a phone.
    By my fag packet math's says it'll run me 1023 over 2 years, for unlimited call n texts and 30gb of data, which is not unreasonable in my books, especially if I keep it another 2 years

Liked 3,757 in 1,993 posts
    Blog Entries

Yep I've got one. I'm an android person so iphones did not come into the equation. I got my choice down to the Pixel2 XL or a Huawei. After going and physically handling both I decided upon the Pixel2.

And I'm very happy with my choice.

Superb battery life and a stunningly good camera. Apart from that there's nothing too exceptional. It just does everything brilliantly. There are some nice little touches like the squeeze to launch google assistant. Best bet is to look at YouTube reviews.

8. The following user liked this post made by Reburner:

Liked 324 in 186 posts

I've got one, and tbh I would have written exactly the same as Redburner...so I won't write it again.

The only thing that annoys me is not having the normal headphone plug which means that you can either charge it or have earphones plugged in (There may be adapers out there but I haven't really looked)

10. The following user liked this post made by tafflade:

Go Back to Forum My Forum