Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: New bike thread! :D I wasn't expect to be posting this an hour ago!

Liked 7,535 in 3,953 posts

Default Re: New bike thread! :D I wasn't expect to be posting this an hour ago!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Irrelevant but you know Polaris make Indian Motorcycles (and previously Victory until they were re-branded) - I think that's why they look so well put together
    Fancy an Indian Darkhorse for a 5.00!!

http://www.bbrf.co.uk/indian-darkhor...fle/4594337828

Today I spent far too long to do very little! The idea was to removed the airbox baffle, fit the new Simota air filter and polaris velocity stack oh and bung in some LEDs in the warning lights.

So first up remove the airbox baffle. Thought I'd try to undo the screws behind the frame and with my nifty little insulated electrical screwdriver, I could reach those 2 screws without scratching the frame. This would save me removing the battery and ecu and dropping the airbox down, so I was so pleased with myself until i started to take the cover off and then saw there was one up the top I couldn't reach with anything, so had to take the battery out etc anyway. I should listen to that old adage that the long way is often the short way in the long run.

I went to put it all back together but for the life of me I couldn't find my hylomar to use as a sealant. Over half hour later I found where i'd first looked but for some reason didn't see it?Anyway, all back together and the new filter and v/stack in.

I'll just drop the bulbs in and i'm done. The clock lights were dead easy but the warning lights were a PITA! The LED I got for these were cheap junk that I had to bend the wires about to get them to connect and I was doing this knowing they will probably play up and i'll have to replace them with decent ones. I had to disconnect the speedo cable to get the unit out far enough and i'm not sure i've got it back in properly and have run out of time to test it, so that will be done tomorrow.

So everything got done, but it was one of those days when nothing goes smoothly and I kept getting interrupted. I really need to organise my stuff as I spend more time looking for things than it takes to do the job itself!!

3. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Took the back wheel off today and took it and the new BT45 I have to be fitted. Got to the tyre place and they said they wont do it without a new tube? They did teh front without a new tube but hey ho, its down to the fitter on a safety call, so home i went. Ordered a new tube but it means it'll be next week before that arrives and I wanted to go back to work with the new tyre on. The real down side was putting the back wheel back in. What a bastard of a job. I couldn't do it on my own and had to hold it all in place and get the wife to wiggle the spindle in. First bike I've had to have help getting a back wheel in!

The bike has been sitting for about 3 weeks but it fired straight up. Still love the sound of this bike! Its absolutely filthy though, so will get a clean tomorrow and I hope to fit the tutoro if I can find where I put it! As nostalgic as the oil leak is, i think i'll fix that tomorrow as well. Might even get a ride out on it before I go back to work...

5. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

New tyre is on! Tomorrow will be an oil and filter change and fit the tutoro if I can find it? Then a good wash as its absolutely filthy!

7. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Had a nightmare trying to get the oil filter off. The sump bolt was also on ridiculously tight too. WTF is the matter with people, doing things up that tight? Its going to rain tomorrow, so a good chance to give a thorough wash and i'll polish and wax it next week. Still cant find that tutoro chain oiler thing, but i'll keep looking. Hopefully i'll get out for a ride on it next week,..

Subtle but nice. I'll change the screws for Allan bolts at some point...

Last edited by Taipan; 14-09-18 at 15:15.

10. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Go Back to Forum My Forum