TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New bike thread! :D I wasn't expect to be posting this an hour ago!

Liked 61 in 50 posts

Default Re: New bike thread! :D I wasn't expect to be posting this an hour ago!

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    On the newer tigers the ecu is locked and if you play with tuneecu it can go into limp mode and need dealer intervention to reset.
    You may want to check if the same has been done to the newer twins before playing?

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
  3. The following user liked this post made by ogri:

Liked 4,423 in 2,770 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    I was always taught you should be able to do the funky chicken when riding! Yes, I'm very conscious of my weight on the bars/steering and I'm trying to adapt...
    LOL that's what I taught my punters

I'd often go alongside and tap their arms

Liked 7,070 in 3,720 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ogri View Post
    On the newer tigers the ecu is locked and if you play with tuneecu it can go into limp mode and need dealer intervention to reset.
    You may want to check if the same has been done to the newer twins before playing?
    Thanks for the heads up, but you can definitely play with these, as load of people are changing maps on them etc. Apparently TuneEcu can just be a bit of a git to connect, but the manual way is better than auto connect?

I finally got TuneEcu to connect by using my old Laptop! I have the standard map, so there will certainly be a boost by loading up the Triumph one for aftermarket silencers, so that will be done at the weekend. Also found the throttle bodies were 20kpa apart, not sure what, if anything, that translates to when riding, but i've adjusted them to be equal now?

Liked 1,400 in 853 posts

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triump...cessories.html

Check out the sale. Might be something in there that you can spruce the bike up with......

Liked 4,423 in 2,770 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Makman View Post

Check out the sale. Might be something in there that you can spruce the bike up with......
    Essex boy and bling? Oh yes

Quote Originally Posted by Makman View Post

Thanks for the heads up! Actually I've already been o there!

Liked 1,207 in 790 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Actually I've already been o there!

Nice ear rings

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Nice ear rings
    Nipple covers...

12. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

New map uploaded, now doing a reset adaption...

Liked 8,158 in 4,690 posts

I'll ask, what's with the fan?

Liked 1,768 in 911 posts
    Blog Entries

I'm not normally a fan of all this manufactured nostalgia, but I have to say that's a pretty bike. Enjoy!

16. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Tomcat:

Liked 1,768 in 911 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Need to ride a sportsbike with loose arms. Take the weight on hips and legs. Every good instructor drills that into novices. I learned from some rather good riders.

Weight on the bars slows down the steering.
    That works when you're at full chat and the wind is balancing the weight on your wrists. At low speeds a racing crouch can get uncomfortable and there will be extra weight on your wrists. That's inevitable from the riding position. But y'know, if you want the cafe racer look with low bars and rearset footrests that's what you get. It's not impossible to get used to, no road bike is that radical compared to a full race setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    I'll ask, what's with the fan?
    Have to leave it idling for 20 minutes and its really muggy out, so as its an air cooled motor, I just adding a little bit of cooling...
    Last edited by Taipan; 18-06-18 at 08:09.

Uploaded the Triumph map for aftermarket silencers at the weekend and couldn't be happier with it. It seemed great when I took it for a run round the back lanes yesterday, but its how it performs on the daily commute that matters more. Relieved to find it ran superbly at slight throttle openings and I seem to have lost any occasional spluttering etc. Really pleased with how it performed and I am really starting to gel with this bike.

Funny old weekend for Triumph ownership. My Father-in-law came round for a BBQ and spent about half hour staring at the bike and not sitting with us. He used to ride a Triumph when he was in the RAF and looking at the bike brought loads of old memories flooding back to him.

I went fro a little bimble yesterday and stopped at a shop for a bottle of water. I came out to see some old boy looking at the bike, with his daughter. He told me he had a Bonneville many years ago but sold it when his daughter came along but he always missed it. He said he was too old now or he'd have asked for a ride on it!
    I said you're welcome to sit on it and your daughter can get a photo. Sadly he said he'd never lift his leg that high, but thanked me for the offer.

Last edited by Taipan; 18-06-18 at 15:29.

20. The following 6 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum