TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belgium tour

Liked 2,743 in 1,634 posts

Default Re: Belgium tour

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Yeah I used to travel up and down France on my Bros which has a pathetic 100 Mile range. Doable with a bit of planning for the bits where it's a bit sparse. Worst case come off the main roads and hunt for a 247 supermarket fuel station like you would in the UK.

2. The following user liked this post made by DefTrap:

Liked 2,834 in 2,029 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    Yeah I used to travel up and down France on my Bros which has a pathetic 100 Mile range. Doable with a bit of planning for the bits where it's a bit sparse. Worst case come off the main roads and hunt for a 247 supermarket fuel station like you would in the UK.
    Twice i have been caught out on the east of Belgium and yes, just turn of to a town and 9 times out of 10 a station is there on the edge. I make sure the sat nav POI's on on for fuel when diving through there now.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 9 in 8 posts

If by "where to go" you mean locations you have not mentioned, my two favourite Belgian towns are Bruges (Brugge) and Gandes (Ghent). Look it up on the Internet. Stunning places. The movie "In Bruges" has quite a bit of the city. As Belgium isn't so big and everything is near to everything you may want to consider. I would also mention Antwerp, but it is a distant third. I'd avoid Bruxelles in the time you have available.

Liked 2,834 in 2,029 posts

Last time i was in Bruges it was full of AOP's and quite boring. Having said that it was a lads piss up week we were on and it was raining non stop up in Amsterdam so we drove down looking for weather. Stayed two nights as the rain cloud was only a day behind up and went back up to the dam. I may go back one year as im older now and appreciate architecture and the likes so it appeals more. Ghent is also on the cards as the waterfront just looks stunning and plenty old town to explore.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,478 in 935 posts

Something else to watch for. Some speed limits off the motorways are lower in Flanders than in Wallonia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission