TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friday Fred.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,290 in 1,913 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Friday Fred.

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Today: Possibly on the ferry and then driving to St Andrews. If not then:

Tomorrow: On the ferry and driving to St Andrews.

A few days later: Downwards to Falmouth, via various places, some yet TBC.

Today: Packing and faffing.
    Last edited by cheb; 09-06-18 at 07:48.

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    Liked 1,388 in 968 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    I don't need four seats or any kind of practicality. The Wife has a newish Passat Estate (company car) and I use the bike in summer for my 7 mile each way commute. So the car is for winter and fun weekends. I do find the 19mpg and 300+ tax a year a bit steep on the current Beemer tho'.

Don't suggest a Boxster either, you don't get much in my budget and the 2.5 is 500 a year to tax.
    That's carte blanche territory if ever there was. I'd have thought the running costs were small beer with miles & use under your circs. VED for anything that moves less than a slug is 240. Dunno about insurance around your way though. The killer for me would be depreciation. What about something as fast as the bimmer, but this time with AWD, what with all those lovely corners around you?

Liked 5,734 in 3,299 posts

I am well and truly under the thumb, HID told me I can't have a Fiat 500 because I'd look stupid driving it!

This from the woman who made me buy a Metallic Powder Blue Mini Cooper S!

5. The following 2 users liked this useful post by KungFooBob:

Liked 1,557 in 789 posts

Weekend is half over already but here I am, since I know you lot can't sleep easy until you know what I'm doing.

Yesterday was a fab day, mostly because baby was in care from 2-4pm and again from 6-9pm, so we had a lovely meal in the on-site restaurant, my wife did the sociable thing and we chatted the night away with strangers.

Today started with us sleeping on the sofas to avoid the screaming tantrum miniature demon that invaded our bedroom at 1:30am and stole our baby. Things weren't much better when it woke again at 7am, in fact it was so bad I was tempted to go back to the on-site baby care and make sure they'd given us back the right baby (easy mistake to make, they all look the same).

We then took a trip to the local zoo where we met some lemurs and marmosets and the demon possessing our baby was finally expelled in a massive shit around 3pm. So we now have our original baby back.

She is now sleeping, the wife has gone for a walk around the cove to do some drawing and I am sitting in the apartment listening to the birds tweeting, typing on TRC, writing my novel, watching the baby monitor and drinking San Miguel from the fridge (because I can't leave the apartment to get any more Estrella from the self-serve bar).

Tomorrow we might take a quick trip to a local beach to kick along the sand, then back to the apartment to get all packed up. Baby in care again from 2pm-4pm so I will be writing in the shade like a sensible person and wife will be doing drawings by the pool in the sunshine. Get our baby back at 4pm, finish packing whilst trying to entertain it, light dinner at 6:30, then I might go for a walk around the headland while the wife stays in and watches the monitor.

Monday, up at 7:30ish to check out, drop off hire car (done about 30 miles in it so far), try to kick the feeling of being middle-aged because it's a Ford C-Max and I quite like it, it's black and it's got a funky dash and a racing car steering wheel and everything. Fly home mid-morning, 2.5hrs with a bored baby strapped to my lap, hopefully kiss the ground in Bristol before midday unless the fecking French decide to go on fecking strike again, which is their normal trick for ruining my minutely-planned journey home from fecking anywhere. Sandwiches with a family member in East Dundry before driving back to Treux Bruges to kick out any squatters, see what's been broken into and ransacked, what's leaked, what's got eaten by mice and what's got covered in cobwebs since I've been away.

Tues/Weds off work on a "finish my new RC lorry before the weekend and do the oil change on van/bike" mission.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, peeps.

Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Liked 2,814 in 1,679 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    I am well and truly under the thumb, HID told me I can't have a Fiat 500 because I'd look stupid driving it!

Liked 4,415 in 2,766 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Yesterday young Twids arrived in town, with the lovely Mrs Twids and the Twidlettes.
    Met up with the Twids clan tonight. Jasper is nearly 2 and a handful, but really grand. Isaac is 3 and same height as Twids

Mrs Twids was as gorgeous as ever

9. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:

Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Liked 2,814 in 1,679 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Met up with the Twids clan tonight. Jasper is nearly 2 and a handful, but really grand. Isaac is 3 and same height as Twids

Mrs Twids was as gorgeous as ever
    Give them my best

Liked 4,415 in 2,766 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Martian View Post
    Give them my best

12. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum