Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Calling Ian Huntley 'Ian Huntley' is a moral failing...

Liked 1,675 in 1,085 posts

Default Re: Calling Ian Huntley 'Ian Huntley' is a moral failing...

Is he hermaphrodite then ?

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,282 in 821 posts

To go back to the first post, from the link
    It is now LibDem policy that calling Ian Huntley Ian Huntley is transphobic and that anyone who does so is guilty of a “moral failure”.
    I'll ignore the specific name and consider the statement in regards to all people who have changed their names.

Some of you may know of Kellie Maloney who, prior to gender reassignment, was boxing promoter Frank Maloney. In an interview he was asked how his friends and relatives reacted to his change. He had mixed reactions from people at first but one particular long-standing friend was conspicuous by his absence. They bumped into each other at an event and Kellie mentioned this. His friend said he kept away because he had always known him as Frankie and wasn't sure of being able to change to calling her Kelllie without defaulting to her old name and risking causing offence. Kellie's response was that if it made his friend feel more comfortable, just call her Frankie, and he has ever since.

Perhaps the Lib Dems should avoid labelling everyone who uses the 'wrong' name as transphobic and guilty of a moral failure and concentrate their criticism where offence really is intended.

Liked 336 in 213 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    That is one view, other could argue that your brain is just your body's control module, that 'you' are the totality of your body (including the head) and your 'self-perceived gender' (if different from your biological body gender) is just a byproduct of the complexity of that control system and a small cluster-fcuk. I agree £2M won't go far, but given the state of psychiatric medicine in the NHS I am sure it would help, and would be a better use of the resource.

Don't get me wrong, I have great sympathy for those afflicted (and I have met at least a dozen or more), but I do think that they have a mental illness, and I don't think that surgery helps them much. Some of those I have met have jumped through the hoops, had the surgery, and are still deeply unhappy people, wanting more surgery, and more 'rights'. In my (unprofessional) opinion they want to be liked and accepted as what they imagine they should be. Surgeons do their best, but they cannot transform a 50 year old 6'2" hefty bloke into the petite twenty-something blonde that lives in his head.

I sit next to someone who is undergoing gender change at the moment. I've sat next to him for three years.

In the first week, I said good morning and good evening to him every day, and got no response at all. After a couple of weeks I began to notice an almost suffocating b.o. coming from him, so much so that I physically moved my chair as far away as possible, raised the issue with my line manager and asked to be moved. I wasn't allowed to move, but after about 6 months and three more complaints to the boss, he did at last buy a bar of soap. In the three years I've known him, I have only ever seen him eat crisps, chocolate bars and sweeties. I've only ever seen him drink fizzy energy drinks and pop. Apparently, he catches the train to town every lunchtime and has a McD's. The stench when he goes to the loo is like Napalm. It literally makes you heave, I guess the human body isn't designed to cope with the intake of all that sugar and saturated fat. He works with the guy he sit's opposite to, who is a 60 year old, very easy going laid back Muslim guy. In all those three years I've never heard him ask after anybodys health, happiness or family - he is a sociopath. At least once a day, as he leaves his desk, he bumps my seat quite hard, and doesn't even bother to apologise. After 18 months, I concluded he was the most unpleasant human being I'd ever met, and thought it would be impossible for me to dislike him more. I was wrong.

He the announced to the world that he was going to turn the belching, farting, stinking monster into 'Alice'. He now uses the ladies loo's which is the one ray of sunlight in all this for us men on our floor - the girls use the upstairs loos now. He is about as feminine as a dog turd. I praise the lord for Spotify, as it allows me to block out the intimate account of his health issues that he regales his colleague with every morning.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that his timekeeping is absolutely appalling. He is consistently half an hour late every morning and often has an hour and a half lunch break. Listening to his excuses for being late every day can be quite amusing I suppose, a bit like Reginald Perrin.

What on earth is the medical profession thinking of in allowing this person to go through gender change? He has enough personality defects for a psychologist to write a book and clearly has very serious mental health issues. He is NOT a man trapped in a womans body.

I do get that sometimes, in a tiny minority of cases this may be the case, and certainly some men can exhibit very feminine features and vice versa, however, this is definitely not one of those cases and the medical profession, who seem to get off on 'playing God' have some serious questions to answer IMHO.

Rant over - I feel better now.

4. The following user liked this post made by CrazyFrog:

Liked 3,498 in 2,370 posts
    Blog Entries

You’ll be working next desk to Alice.

Liked 90 in 65 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ink ink View Post
    You’ll be working next desk to Alice.
    Alice ? Alice ? Who the fuck is Alice ?

7. The following user liked this post made by BillyBob:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Go Back to Forum My Forum