TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

  1. #16
    Should Get Out More ZRX61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,341
    Like
    1,594
    Liked 1,069 in 619 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    Depends what you want to fit in it. Similar to my setup, i have tools for both motorbikes and bicycles in mine, along with spares, spanners, sockets, allen keys, mallets, hammers, tonnes and tonnes of stuff. Sure, i can't get my 36" breaker bar in it... but i wouldn't expect to.
    All tools would be side to side, no option for fore/aft. Not an issue with sockets & other small stuff, but a PITA for spanners, screwdrivers, pliers, hammers etc. There's bugger all flexibility.

  2. #17
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    54,630
    Like
    2,481
    Liked 8,971 in 5,135 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    All tools would be side to side, no option for fore/aft. Not an issue with sockets & other small stuff, but a PITA for spanners, screwdrivers, pliers, hammers etc. There's bugger all flexibility.
    You're aware that most people are just at home mechanics, not people who build Boeings? My spanners, the longer one, go in at a 40deg angle and all align beautifully. I think you're making an issue out of something just to try and prove you're better ... it's a 65 tool box FFS. That's it... Sure, i'm certain you can find one better in some shit hole part of America for $10, however we're not in America, we're in the UK and that is a very good price for a lovely item.

  3. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:


  4. #18
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Down in the Duchy (at last)
    Posts
    15,486
    Like
    4,041
    Liked 2,364 in 1,614 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    You're aware that most people are just at home mechanics, not people who build Boeings? My spanners, the longer one, go in at a 40deg angle and all align beautifully. I think you're making an issue out of something just to try and prove you're better ... it's a 65 tool box FFS. That's it... Sure, i'm certain you can find one better in some shit hole part of America for $10, however we're not in America, we're in the UK and that is a very good price for a lovely item.
    All my spanners go in a small, cheap, toolbag. If I needed a proper toolbox (I don't) this would be near idea. lI don't really have room for a box (hence the small bag), and I certainly don't have room for the behemoth that many UK aircraft mechanics cart about. I am sure that in the US the tool boxes are bigger still.

  5. #19
    Should Get Out More ZRX61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,341
    Like
    1,594
    Liked 1,069 in 619 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    You're aware that most people are just at home mechanics, not people who build Boeings? My spanners, the longer one, go in at a 40deg angle and all align beautifully. I think you're making an issue out of something just to try and prove you're better ... it's a 65 tool box FFS. That's it... Sure, i'm certain you can find one better in some shit hole part of America for $10, however we're not in America, we're in the UK and that is a very good price for a lovely item.
    So you're telling us your toolbox is the same size as that one? 8in deep drawers? It's got fuck all to do with "making an issue out of something just to try and prove you're better" That fucking box is a gimmick. It's not practical for ANY mechanic unless their entire toolkit fits in a shoebox... And remember, I'm not one of the "My box is the biggest one in the shop/hangar/garage" guys. I have fairly medium size boxes, the biggest is 41in wide & 18in deep that cost a little over $700.. not one of those SnapOn $7800 6ft creations. & all the others are second hand cheapies, or were free, some of them are older than me.
    Last edited by ZRX61; 22-06-18 at 19:14.

  6. #20
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    54,630
    Like
    2,481
    Liked 8,971 in 5,135 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    So you're telling us your toolbox is the same size as that one? 8in deep drawers? It's got fuck all to do with "making an issue out of something just to try and prove you're better" That fucking box is a gimmick. It's not practical for ANY mechanic unless their entire toolkit fits in a shoebox... And remember, I'm not one of the "My box is the biggest one in the shop/hangar/garage" guys. I have fairly medium size boxes, the biggest is 41in wide & 18in deep that cost a little over $700.. not one of those SnapOn $7800 6ft creations.
    Yes. Same as mine. I'm not a mechanic though.


    2018-03-05_05-24-05 by Steve Weeks - Flickr2BBcode
    VFD 710, undefined@3.6 mm, f2.0, 1/25s, ISO400

  7. #21
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    54,630
    Like
    2,481
    Liked 8,971 in 5,135 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab


    2017-07-02_12-12-29 by Steve Weeks - Flickr2BBcode
    Vodafone Smart ultra 6, undefined@3.8 mm, fundefined, 1/50s, ISO61

  8. #22
    Should Get Out More ZRX61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,341
    Like
    1,594
    Liked 1,069 in 619 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

    I don't think showing a pic of a toolbox that isn't big enough to actually hold the tools in the same pic is helping your case

  9. #23
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    54,630
    Like
    2,481
    Liked 8,971 in 5,135 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    I don't think showing a pic of a toolbox that isn't big enough to actually hold the tools in the same pic is helping your case
    Different tools for different jobs. All the ones on top are bicycle tools and in the correct place and order.

    Telling us a 1000 toolbox is better than a 65 one isn't helping yours either.

  10. #24
    Should Get Out More DefTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roger Barlow's Tour of Europe
    Posts
    23,109
    Like
    2,365
    Liked 2,208 in 1,324 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

    I've always done my own mechanicing and I reckon all my 'nice' tools would fit in that cab easy and help nicely with organisation. The rest of the stuff, cheap shit, blunt stuff I use for bodgery when I don't want to wreck the good uns can quite happily still sit in a bucket as I don't need them that often.

    I can understand why a toolhead just must have every single type of screwdriver neatly arranged and a rack for 17 hammers but I'm not that type of guy. Maybe once I bought one cab I'd get into it, it does appeal in a way.

  11. The following user liked this post made by DefTrap:


  12. #25
    Really Bored Nordboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,649
    Like
    391
    Liked 859 in 439 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

    Ah well, I was too bloody slow at the interBay thing

  13. #26
    Should Get Out More ZRX61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,341
    Like
    1,594
    Liked 1,069 in 619 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    I can understand why a toolhead just must have every single type of screwdriver neatly arranged and a rack for 17 hammers but I'm not that type of guy. Maybe once I bought one cab I'd get into it, it does appeal in a way.
    Where would I put the other 53?

  14. The following user liked this post made by ZRX61:


  15. #27
    Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,140
    Like
    2,118
    Liked 2,014 in 909 posts

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Where would I put the other 53?
    I've got a suggestion, go grab the Vaseline and then bend over...

  16. #28
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A windswept Hebridean paradise.
    Posts
    21,366
    Like
    1
    Liked 3,590 in 2,079 posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Half price Sealey Roller Cab





    I'm mildly peeved I can't find a picture of a toy one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission