TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1190 (adv) Alternatives

Liked 976 in 829 posts

Default Re: 1190 (adv) Alternatives

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    They did warm it would be a big improvement on this bike.

Not sure if BMW hold it back a little with electronics? To differentiate it vs. the S1000RR and S1000R ?? No idea TBH.

Liked 1,129 in 507 posts

Quote Originally Posted by couchcommando View Post
    That’s a massive improvement from a remap only on a standard normally aspirated engine, you don’t see that with a full system normally on any other dyno. I’m confused as the hilltop map done on weeksys 690 was believable but and I assume it rides great this needs some taking in
    Yep, they definitely make more than 130- odd hp and 60s lb/ft standard, so I'm guessing the " before" figures were with the pre-first service running in restriction still enabled- that's assuming it's the same in that respect as the S1000R, which has it ?

3. The following 2 users liked this useful post by TrickyDicky:

Liked 8,930 in 5,109 posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    Yep, they definitely make more than 130- odd hp and 60s lb/ft standard, so I'm guessing the " before" figures were with the pre-first service running in restriction still enabled- that's assuming it's the same in that respect as the S1000R, which has it ?
    It's a good question.

One here

Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Liked 3,247 in 1,477 posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    That would make a lot of sense tbh, but so long as it now feels better all is well

Liked 976 in 829 posts

Yeah they've had a few making 160 so think that's fair.

Can't explain the 130 figure. It had done 2k miles so not sure on the first service bit. I had it 'dynamic mode' no 'dynamic pro'. Perhaps that made a difference.

Took the missis out and pinned it. She shrugged. "Same as the last one"

7. The following 2 users liked this useful post by joe19:

Liked 976 in 829 posts

If anyone else decides to get a s1000xr check the clock works! A load of 18 plate ones came with faulty head unit and no clock. No ETA on a replacement from BMW either. Oxford garage had them on order since March

A working clock is quite handy!

Liked 2,849 in 1,527 posts

Quote Originally Posted by joe19 View Post
    If anyone else decides to get a s1000xr check the clock works! A load of 18 plate ones came with faulty head unit and no clock. No ETA on a replacement from BMW either. Oxford garage had them on order since March

A working clock is quite handy!
    More BMW "shit service and finishing" on new bikes ..... good job demonbiker doesnt frequent here anymore as he would make ears bleed on the saga with his top spec 1200 GSA LC. Its finally gone back to BMW for good after multiple complaints, fixes, replacemnets and excuses

Liked 976 in 829 posts

It's the main reason I've never owned a BMW. Lots of horror stories.

I'll keep an open mind. At Hilltop, a bloke was chatting about his mates KTM 1190 that was always getting repaired. Whereas mine was nearly fault free for 35k.

Liked 2,849 in 1,527 posts

Quote Originally Posted by joe19 View Post
    It's the main reason I've never owned a BMW. Lots of horror stories.

I'll keep an open mind. At Hilltop, a bloke was chatting about his mates KTM 1190 that was always getting repaired. Whereas mine was nearly fault free for 35k.
    It was part of the reason i didnt buy a new GS LC as i knew of the repeated warranty claims and of 2 going through that dealer i was looking to buy from and after test rides and forum research the sales bloke denied all knowledge of any warranty issues i had already read up on with that exact dealer yet tried to hide the fact they had 2 pre registered bikes to meet sales quotas on the previously best selling bikes in the range

When i went to the Ducati place 2 days later i was offered a no quibble 12 month guarantee on a used bike and a promise to " sort anything reasonably" and they delivered on it with no arguments on pretty much a grands worth of work in the first 2 weeks i found on the 2nd hand bike.

I have yet to find anything that will make me go back to BMW on my next bike next year

Liked 976 in 829 posts

I didn't buy from BMW but I did have a chat with them. I'm not sure if this is standard (but I guess it is) but they offer 2 year warranty on any used BMW bike that is within 7 years from new. So the standard warranty runs out after 2 years. But if you buy a 2 year old bike from them (so technically has 0 warranty) - you get 2 more years.

I was impressed by this and it convinced me to try a BMW.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission