Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: (English) National Road Rally 2018

  1. #1
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London SW
    Posts
    3,075
    Like
    897
    Liked 301 in 198 posts

    Default (English) National Road Rally 2018

    I'm giving it a go this year after dropping it for a few years because I didn't find the format as a enjoyable as the Welsh. I'd planned - or at least the other half did, for me - a nice route for a Gold Daytime award. Then England bloody-well qualified for the quarter finals, didn't they? So now I've got to find a pub and lose a couple of hours riding time - or 3.5 hours if it goes to extra time/penalties. So I've now re-planned for a bronze or chrome, depending on what happens.

    Anyone else doing it this year?

  2. #2
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    6,662
    Like
    29
    Liked 1,250 in 806 posts

    Default Re: (English) National Road Rally 2018

    I'm manning checkpoint 32, Kettering, from 12.00 noon until about 5.30pm when the next person takes over, although I usually hang around chatting for a while after, before going home.

  3. #3
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London SW
    Posts
    3,075
    Like
    897
    Liked 301 in 198 posts

    Default Re: (English) National Road Rally 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Breaker View Post
    I'm manning checkpoint 32, Kettering, from 12.00 noon until about 5.30pm when the next person takes over, although I usually hang around chatting for a while after, before going home.
    I won't be going further north than Bedford, so you've eluded me again

  4. #4
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London SW
    Posts
    3,075
    Like
    897
    Liked 301 in 198 posts

    Default Re: (English) National Road Rally 2018

    Mission accomplished: England win, plus daytime bronze
    The good thing about the NRR is how young, at a sprightly 60, it makes me feel. I met two seventy year olds and an eighty yr old. Latter plus one of the 70-ers was planning to do the all-nighter, the 70-er on a 125. 80 yr old was doing his 44th NNR!

  5. #5
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    6,662
    Like
    29
    Liked 1,250 in 806 posts

    Default Re: (English) National Road Rally 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Scootabout View Post
    I won't be going further north than Bedford, so you've eluded me again
    Oh, hard luck. You were only one checkpoint away from finding your holy grail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scootabout View Post
    Mission accomplished: England win, plus daytime bronze
    The good thing about the NRR is how young, at a sprightly 60, it makes me feel. I met two seventy year olds and an eighty yr old. Latter plus one of the 70-ers was planning to do the all-nighter, the 70-er on a 125. 80 yr old was doing his 44th NNR!
    I know a few in their 70s who were riding, although most were going the daytime awards. GF from the RBR was out on his 98cc Chinese cracker at the tender age of 78.

Go Back to Forum My Forum