Thread: Replacement cylinders - Yale British Standard Night Latch - Lockable Handle

Liked 1,616 in 967 posts
    Blog Entries

Question Replacement cylinders - Yale British Standard Night Latch - Lockable Handle

Does anyone know if you can get replacement cylinders / barrels for this type of lock?

Similar to this:

I don't relish the 76 to replace this on top of mortice locks on three other doors...

A Bit Bored
    Liked 33 in 28 posts

Default Re: Replacement cylinders - Yale British Standard Night Latch - Lockable Handle

Did you lose your keys...or new house?

Liked 1,616 in 967 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Replacement cylinders - Yale British Standard Night Latch - Lockable Handle

New house. Was hoping for a quick fix to keep previous keyholders out...

It looks like we will have to change the external cylinder on this lock with a view to upgrading the whole lot when the storm doors are refurbished.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 33 in 28 posts

It will be difficult to get suited cylinders for inside and out.
    Change the externals, buy keyless knobs for the inners.

Liked 1,616 in 967 posts
    Blog Entries

If I wanted a key less lever on the inside, I could replace the whole lot for only a few quid, however our insurance requires a BS lock on all doors. The storm doors could well be 170 years old so I don't really want to be hacking them around until we remove them to get them tidied and fettled.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 33 in 28 posts

I hadn't looked at the pictures properly before engaging finger and keyboard...ignore my suggestion.

Go Back to Forum My Forum