Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official️ Start of the Weekend Thread 12-07-18

Liked 4,064 in 2,232 posts

Default Re: The Official️ Start of the Weekend Thread 12-07-18

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    You can stop in the local and buy me a pint.
    Depending on what time we're coming back that's a good Idea - are they showing the play off game?

Liked 8,362 in 4,798 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Depending on what time we're coming back that's a good Idea - are they showing the play off game?
    Yes but that's on Saturday.

Liked 336 in 123 posts

Today: Frantic at work (so frantic that I have time to pop in here and loiter!), tonight might go for a cycle ride or swim. Got to clean house.
    Saturday: More of the same bimbling round house, prepping food, hopefully have a nice long lay in. Got to start decorating, so sugar soaping the bedroom.
    Saturday night/sunday morning: Pick OH and his mate up from Stansted they are coming back from turkey on a peds on the meds tour. He will be sickly tanned compared with my moomin like moon glow.

Sunday: Chill with OH, perhaps go up to his narrowboat so he can catch some more rays.

Liked 2,076 in 1,011 posts
    Blog Entries

Wow on Friday had a damp ride to place called ogulin
    then rode the best rode I've ever ridden from ogulin to novi vinodolski.
    very few straight bits ALL bends through forrest opening up to karsk .
    nothing much between the two places other than bends .
    returned home today as I can only tolerate one night camping as my back and neck play up.
    still sweating thinking of that road.

Liked 2,306 in 1,302 posts

Thursday I rode my motorcycle around some back roads and stopped at the farm to visit Almost-a-Daughter and see Piggles the Adventure Piglet.
    https://www.facebook.com/10001174443...user_video_tab
    She's the only survivor of a litter of 12 rejected by the mother pig. Feedings every two hours for two weeks and now at four weeks she's a brilliant little piglet that has established herself under a work table on the lawn during the day and in a stable in the barn at night. She has a stuffed dog she sleeps with/on and she's very affectionate. Just a lovely pig all round.

Friday I rode my motorcycle around some back roads all day.

Oh, crap. I'm racing again. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I answered the phone and automatically said yes.

Today was spent testing new sails and a new rudder design for the boat. The sails are carbon fibre and all black. I don't like them and if we can't set them up properly with the new rudder they're going back to the sail maker. He was aboard today helping to make them perform but I won't be sure if were getting the acceleration we need until I'm racing either K22 Victory, the British boat, or KA10 Challenge 12, the Australian boat.

Tomorrow is more practice on crew work. We made a poor showing at the NYYC Annual Regatta last month. Mostly due to not practicing with these new sails. We were missing a number of crew that want to be in the next regatta and I'm not sure they will be aboard tomorrow. Crew discipline has fallen off since I've been gone. The boat hasn't won a major regatta in two years. The competition has spent a lot of money redesigning their hulls, rigs and sails and it shows. And their crew work is top notch.

Monday it's back to lawyers, accountants and estate planing. Like that can't go on for a year.

6. The following user liked this post made by murcan:

Really Bored
    Liked 633 in 373 posts

My weekend is just about to get a whole lot better. Mr Em is on his way home from a weeks MTBing with his chums in the Lakes and Scotland. He is tired, dirty and has a few scrapes but sounds like he's had a whale of a time. I am glad but boy have I missed him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum