TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Motorbike Exhasuts?

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Motorbike Exhasuts?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    i have recently turned 16 and bought a 50cc to start off biking. I got told that changing the exhaust would give me more power. I was just wondering if it has to be a specific exhaust for the bike or it could be any one?

Its a lexmoto hunter 50. If anyone could give a recomendation for a good exhaust it would be appreciated

Just NEED some extra power out of it.

Liked 6,245 in 3,576 posts

Default Re: Motorbike Exhasuts?

Lexmoto makes their own performance exhausts.

I wouldn't expect much more power from a loud pipe, maybe single digit percentage. To make the most you need to have the fuelling adjusted. You'll also need to declare it to your insurance, which may increase your premium.

You're not going to like this, suck up the 50cc performance, save your cash and buy a 125 when you're 17.

3. The following 3 users liked this useful post by KungFooBob:

Liked 960 in 620 posts

He's right mate. It's a 4 stroke 50cc. It's not necessarily even restricted, more likely just slow.

Stick with it til you're 17, then get a 125. Maybe you can get a 125 engine for yours, it's only a pit bike type engine. They come in anything up to 180cc or so, but get less reliable the faster they go

Liked 960 in 620 posts

But if you really want to try and make it faster, ask ooracing. They make/flog go faster stuff for most small cc bikes.

Liked 1,136 in 658 posts

Quote Originally Posted by lewisalb73 View Post
    i have recently turned 16 and bought a 50cc to start off biking. I got told that changing the exhaust would give me more power. I was just wondering if it has to be a specific exhaust for the bike or it could be any one?

Its a lexmoto hunter 50. If anyone could give a recomendation for a good exhaust it would be appreciated

Just NEED some extra power out of it.
    We've all been there, we've all hated it, but some things you just have to grit your teeth and deal with.

Without knowing what resources you have at your disposal, I'd say you're better off saving your money and ensuring that you have plenty in the bank for when when you are able to trade up. In the meantime, learning how to ride everywhere at absolute full throttle will stand you in good stead for the future.

7. The following user liked this post made by RiceBurner:

Liked 265 in 136 posts

What they all said.

Liked 2,149 in 1,102 posts
    Blog Entries

Don't do it. The 50cc licensing regulations state the bike must not be capable of more than a certain speed, so in the unlikely event an exhaust does make it faster you would be in breach of your licence and thus unlicensed and uninsured in the eyes of the law.

In practical terms it's unlikely an exhaust will make the bike faster anyway, restricted machines are restricted by various means - inlet size, gearing and even electronically. Just get used to the fact that it's dog slow and your learner years are an apprenticeship that will lead you to getting a better bike before too long.

10. The following user liked this post made by Tomcat:

Liked 1,188 in 831 posts

Save your money, wait until you're old enough to do your direct access, then buy an Aprillia RSV4 or a ZX10R.

Liked 2,592 in 1,697 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    The 50cc licensing regulations state the bike must not be capable of more than a certain speed, so in the unlikely event an exhaust does make it faster you would be in breach of your licence and thus unlicensed and uninsured in the eyes of the law.
    And if it makes the bike faster, then it will be fairly obvious to Mr Plod - although the gearing might need to be changed to make use of the extra power.

If you over-rev a four stroke engine, its internal movey-uppey-downey bits won't like it and the engine might go pop. Further technical advice is available, just ask

Liked 1,439 in 1,007 posts
    Blog Entries

it's even worse than the wise & knowing advice above:

all the (pretty) boys & girls will just point at you, snigger & make the 'teeny tiny dick' gesture with their pinkies. 6 year olds will shout ''kin' nobber' at you & plod will tug you simply for being a stupid twat, because loud pipes don't mean faster-they just mean loud**. That said, loud pipes save lives but pathetic farting pipes just make people giggle & crack 'spacker' jokes. Even yer gran would say, 'goodness gracious me young Lewis, I could fart louder than that & when I was a girl proper boys had bikes 10 times the size of your nasty tiddler.' If she hasn't already.

Instead, & this is even more boring, get & keep the bike in STANDARD but A1 gleaming condition, so the instant you turn 17 you can flog it to the next just turned 16 year old within an hour, & leg it straight to a 125.

Meantime don't crash it, but give it all it's worth for cornering & generally learning stuff. Beg & borrow all your mate's 125s so you know exactly which make & model you want next.

Repeat with the 125 up against the 250s etc.

** Not true, but it's all about increasing gasflow & fuck all much will happen if you just free up the exhaust end of things. It needs the front end (intake) & the bit inside which detonates to be blowing up the correct amount of fuel to match your now increased air flow. In a car this is termed a remap, & fuck all gains are to be had in a normally aspirated car anyhow. However if there's a turbo in the mix now you're talking. Anyhow, 10% gain (very blardy unlikely anyhow) gives you an extra 10BHP if it's a CBR600. You could feel that. On yours, max is 5BHP (BLOODY HELL IS THAT IT?? ), so 0.5 gain. Fuck off. Yer 125 is 3x yours, at 15BHP.

Learn how to paint with a rattle can & some basic spannering etc. You got that down then you're in a position to nab an unlooked after 125 from an ignorant just turned 18 year old for rather less than market value, do it up, ride, it, flog it for more than you paid, get next bigger bike. Or however it works these days. FYI I abused my mates lot more powerful 50ccs all over the place & through woods etc at your age. Left biking alone, & fell into it with a 500cc with absolutely no real world experience via DAS. So unless you're some kind of a SQUID, you're unlikely to total yourself or the bike even with 55BHP.

If you get really bored, sorry when you get..., go racing. Take all mates out to a quiet stretch of road which is mostly corners. One mate at one end, another at the other & one in the middle. The idea is 1st to spot plod phones the one in the middle who gives you all the nod to cut it out. If challenged blame it on some 'big boys who have just run away'. Run it in heats so everyone gets a chance & you have to club together for 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes. Beer at a guess, & lots of it too.

HTH. It's only boring if you are you know

Liked 4,902 in 3,063 posts
    Blog Entries

Live on a hill. Bikes go faster on hills.

At Work
    Liked 524 in 301 posts

Whack a big bore kit on it. Ignore the old bastards above.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission