TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: please recc me a phone with a superb camera? Will be my DSLR replacement

Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Liked 4,891 in 2,428 posts

Default Re: please recc me a phone with a superb camera? Will be my DSLR replacement

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Wife has a Galaxy 10 - Bloody good pictures.

Kids has an iPhone 11 - Bloody good pictures.

Liked 5,834 in 3,100 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: please recc me a phone with a superb camera? Will be my DSLR replacement

I wonder if Editor ever bought a camera phone or whether he fashioned an instrument from dead hi fi and washing machine parts?

3. The following 3 users liked this useful post by GiantPygmy:

Liked 6,400 in 3,990 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    I wonder if Editor ever bought a camera phone or whether he fashioned an instrument from dead hi fi and washing machine parts?
    Not like you....

5. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:

Liked 2,902 in 2,064 posts

Quote Originally Posted by treadeager View Post
    I've just ordered one of these..... Xiaomi Display Smartphone with Dual SIM as my Moto 4 appears to be dying ( Battery ! ) . I can't recommend it yet obviously , but it is s'posed to have a pretty good camera ( 48Mp ) . Cost £320 . Priciest phone I've ever had .
    And from another stable:

https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/thre...-realme-X2-Pro

The X2 Pro has a four-lens camera array, including a 64MP f/1.8 main camera, an 8MP f/2.2 115-degree wide-angle lens, a 13MP f/2.5 zoom lens capable of 20x hybrid zoom, and a portrait lens.2
    The camera seems very good but to be fair I don't do anything clever with it.

Liked 10,757 in 5,623 posts

I was talking with some pro photographers fairly recently and mos agreed that for basic web work, camera phones can produce good enough images if used correctly. Its something I hear quite often now.

Really Bored
    Liked 698 in 329 posts

iPhone 11 Pro plus has a phenomenon camera itís so much better than all the other iPhone ones Iíve had !
    My advice would be to go down to your local apple store & see what camera classes they do ( all of them are free ) and have a wander around outside with a complimentary 11pro plus & see for yourself , the classes on editing & all the extras are also super cool but maybe you wonít need those !
    Happy hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 3,087 in 2,097 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    I was talking with some pro photographers fairly recently and mos agreed that for basic web work, camera phones can produce good enough images if used correctly. Its something I hear quite often now.
    I am sure the top modern camera phones are excellent in a photographic sense. In an ergonomic sense they are dire. I shall stick to my bridge camera, it looks like a camera, feels like a camera, and all the controls fall to hand nicely. With a camera phone I usually finish up with a picture of my thumb.

Liked 10,757 in 5,623 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    I am sure the top modern camera phones are excellent in a photographic sense. In an ergonomic sense they are dire. I shall stick to my bridge camera, it looks like a camera, feels like a camera, and all the controls fall to hand nicely. With a camera phone I usually finish up with a picture of my thumb.
    Same here and agreed by everyone in my conversation too. But for most social media and web work you can often get away with using a phone camera. iPhoneography is quite a thing too!

Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Liked 4,891 in 2,428 posts

Quote Originally Posted by zebbyzulu View Post
    iPhone 11 Pro plus has a phenomenon camera it’s so much better than all the other iPhone ones I’ve had !
    My advice would be to go down to your local apple store & see what camera classes they do ( all of them are free ) and have a wander around outside with a complimentary 11pro plus & see for yourself , the classes on editing & all the extras are also super cool but maybe you won’t need those !
    Happy hunting

Are you saying they can be used for more than a pouting selfie to posted on Insta?

I'll let my kid know.

12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by gremlin:

Really Bored
    Liked 698 in 329 posts

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Are you saying they can be used for more than a pouting selfie to posted on Insta?

I'll let my kid know.
    Genuinely Iíd take her down to the apple store near you & book her in for some of their free courses ( about an hour or so ) she will learn so many cool things that I guarantee you will soon notice a more artistic flare to her creativity & subject matter !

I think the Iphone Camera has a better quality of pictures compare to your wife's Galaxy

Liked 520 in 349 posts

I sell kitchens.

Liked 5,240 in 3,512 posts

Quote Originally Posted by kathreen001 View Post
    I think the Iphone Camera has a better quality of pictures compare to your wife's Galaxy
    Welcome, have some

How much are your kitchens? Or is it dodgy passports?

Reported

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission