TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Kurviger

Liked 2,325 in 1,192 posts

Default Kurviger

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Starting life as a purely German language application "motoplaner" this has recently morphed into a motorcycle specific app available in several languages. I had a little play with it and it offers the useful facility to select fastest, curvy or very curvy routes (hence the name I guess). It's quite user-friendly to plan out a route and allows you to export. I just haven't figured out how to draw a route on the map as motoplaner did, this one just seems to show you a set of waypoints, and I don't know if you can use it to navigate offline (there is a phone app so I suspect it does).

Worth a look: https://kurviger.de/en

2. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Tomcat:

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 2,987 in 2,023 posts

Default Re: Kurviger

It seems to create some 'interesting' twisty routes in this part of the world. Good find.

Liked 2,325 in 1,192 posts

I found the site does create a route, but if you use it to plan a route between continents (from Europe into Asia for example) it defaults to waypoints only. Apparently this is a bug in the system, hope they can sort it as it looks like a useful tool.

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 2,987 in 2,023 posts

Trying to create a route to Paris threw this up

No path found due to maximum nodes exceeded 7000000If you think this is a bug, please let us know in our forum.

I wouldn't like to rely on this as my only tool, but as a generator of interesting alternatives it looks good.

Should Get Out More the phantom pieman's Avatar
    Liked 1,275 in 829 posts
    Blog Entries

seems to have an odd concept of time ...
    My route yesterday should have taken 9.5 hours ...
    It took about 7....

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

I love Kurviger. It has been my number one navigation app, more or less since I discovered it. With frequent updates and excellent responsiveness to user input, it has morphed into a must have app on my phone. I gave up on dedicated Garmin Satnavs several years ago and have never looked back. I used to rely on Motoplaner for most things but then along came Kurviger and even though it used Open Street maps and had no Street view like Google offered, I found its selection of great routes compelling. Once Google had put their API prices up to the point very few mapping sites could afford them, several disappeared (although a number fell back to OSM), it has become a no-brainer to use Kurviger.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission