TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guzzi Le Mans Garage Fun for 18/19

At Work
    Liked 401 in 224 posts

Default Re: Guzzi Le Mans Garage Fun for 18/19

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Cleaned the Le Mans on Sunday using the last of my SDOC 100. Really made the disks very rusty and a few patches of aluminium fur needed rubbing off. Can't have rinsed the bike with clean water sufficiently.

New dipstick arrived yesterday so fitted that. It's a nice bit of aluminium machining and looks good quality (never thought I would do a review on a dipstick). Good thing about it it that it has a rubber ring washer so no need to crush an aluminium one and I won't need to carry a 22mm socket with me to check oil levels whilst on a long ride as it's only finger tight.

Also bought an Optimate (already have an Accumate). This is mostly for the Tuono however tried it on an old battery I have for the DT175MX (I converted it to 12v). The battery hasn't been used in anger for a couple of years and it appears to have been able to recover the battery and get some charge into it after only 24 hours. The Tuono will be left plugged in using "maintenance mode" so its ready whenever I want to ride that instead. The Le Mans just gets an occasional blast from the Accumate it has got a battery intended for a ride on lawn mower/small tractor which is very apt. None of this new found gel battery technology.
    Spent about half an hour trying to get a decent alignment for the Ram SatNav mount for my Garmin. It's on the left handle bar and where I had it previously it obscured the light and indicator switches. The range of movement on the indicator is about 2mm in each direction and you need to see the switch as you cancel it to avoid a leftrightleftrightleftright light show as you complete your turn. I intend using the satnav as my KM speedo in France. The analog speedo tends to give an optimistic average of your current speed so want to be a bit more accurate now the French speed camera tickets are been passed to the UK. Don't think I've ridden on the continent without been flashed at least twice.

2. The following user liked this post made by GuzziPaul:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission