TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Guzzi Le Mans Garage Fun for 18/19

At Work
    Liked 333 in 197 posts

Default Guzzi Le Mans Garage Fun for 18/19

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Been fiddling with my DT175MX over the last few months, general clean up, respraying the exhaust and new throttle cable (that doesn't fit and I'll need another) balnce the wheels and fix a puncture. Its nearly back together so time to start on the Le Mans.
    It's been running the best ever since the carb overhaul, investing in vacuum gauges to balance them amd fitting new points, but now it's developed an oil leak.
    Originally I thought it was from the sump plug, but now reckon it's the rear crankshaft seal. So it's an engine out job, gearbox, clutch and flywheel off and extract the oil seal somehow.
    Going to buy a couple of special tools for replacing the seal and aligning the clutch. I've had the engine out before and the gearbox off before so not expecting any problems there, my biggest concern is getting the old oil seal out.

2. The following 4 users liked this useful post by GuzziPaul:

Liked 254 in 90 posts

Default Re: Guzzi Le Mans Garage Fun for 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by GuzziPaul View Post
    Been fiddling with my DT175MX over the last few months, general clean up, respraying the exhaust and new throttle cable (that doesn't fit and I'll need another) balnce the wheels and fix a puncture. Its nearly back together so time to start on the Le Mans.
    It's been running the best ever since the carb overhaul, investing in vacuum gauges to balance them amd fitting new points, but now it's developed an oil leak.
    Originally I thought it was from the sump plug, but now reckon it's the rear crankshaft seal. So it's an engine out job, gearbox, clutch and flywheel off and extract the oil seal somehow.
    Going to buy a couple of special tools for replacing the seal and aligning the clutch. I've had the engine out before and the gearbox off before so not expecting any problems there, my biggest concern is getting the old oil seal out.
    Lots of pics please. Hope the carrier comes out ok, there's a lot of information/
    horror stories on wildguzzi and this old tractor about it (grandma, eggs, probably). The favourite appeared to be putting the crankcase in a hydraulic press then using the crank to push out the carrier and bearing, making sure you catch it on the way out!!! Once you've done it you can do mine

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission