TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Garage wall not looking clever

Liked 1,357 in 877 posts

Default Garage wall not looking clever

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    My garage back wall has always looked moody and in 2006 on the basis we were probably gonna move at some point (staying put now or that's the plan) I filled the massive cracks with mortar and didn't worry. Some of the cracks have reappeared but not huge. However getting some paint stuff out I noticed a brick on the floor....

So I now have 2 bricks missing from the top of the pier between mine and neighbours garage. Which I'm guessing isn't good. To look at it looks like the rear right wall has dropped down leaving a 2ft section of bricks in a diagonal where I'm guess it's all moved. I'd say from my previous bodge that it's not moved much since 2006 but not good all the same and now bricks are falling out I need it sorted.

So how do these things work, just phone insurance company and leave with them? Or get someone out. Insurance will have an excess and load my premium's for years but should imagine this will be an expensive job? Also should I check my neighbours garages? There back walls look fine from the back but don't want to fix mine for it then to get buggered if they have problems too.

Garage is in a separate block to the house. There's my house, back garden, access road and then the garages.

Liked 68 in 55 posts

Default Re: Garage wall not looking clever

Use your insurance co to sort it unless you have a nice nest egg available.

Liked 2,206 in 1,324 posts

Pics please but I wouldn't say feck all movement in 12 years is indicative of 'falling down'.

Liked 1,357 in 877 posts

Don't think (hopefully) it'll fall down imminently but think I need it looked at. Will try and get some pics tomorrow, been up to my arse in decorating today.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission