TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recommend me a car

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,341 in 2,746 posts

Default Re: Recommend me a car

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Done deal

For the bangin' toooonz;

Mmmmm heated leather;

2. The following 6 users liked this useful post by mrlongbeard:

Liked 1,453 in 1,018 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kneerly Down View Post
    My experience of around 50 different hire cars from the South to Inverness (or vice versa) is that I can get 55-60mpg from a diesel and around 35 from petrol.
    The small petrol cars are fine around town, but once at (proper) motorway speeds the economy falls right off, to the extent my former 4.2 V8 Jag was as economical on the run as a 1.6 Focus**.
    Does the Picanto really do 50+mpg at 80ish?
    ** That I can well believe-our 1.6 Golf is 37mpg at the very best. However, you done one of these 1.2TSI? Bro's mrs has a smaller bodied hatchback & even mr brother's heavy right food can't get it to dip below 50mpg. Mrs gets nearly 60 out of it & her's is a filthy commute too. Couchie had one of those 1.0L new Fiestas as a hire recently & thought it excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    >I'm looking at spending 3 or 4 grand not buy new
    >A civic in the price point doesn't have a DPF to worry about
    Really?? Well if you say so & can find one hell yes!

Done deal
    Looks sweet! Diesel or that petrol you mentioned earlier?

Why are people drongo's ?
    It had a vibration around the 70 - 80mph mark, no worries thinks I, it's not excessive so the wheels just need a balance, but no the plank that sold it had both front tyres at 23psi instead of the required 36psi.

With that 'fixed' i went for a quick spin to check, still some vibration, but less, never mind a quick 1.5 hour round trip to halfords needed, so off I pop.
    Get home, 'hello what's this thinks I, a missing wheel nut, odd best give them a check, bugger me sideways, of the 20 nuts 1 is missing and 15 others are no more than finger tight, FFS.

OK, rookie mistake, I should have given them a check before, but why can't a motor trader get this shit right?

Hey ho, no damage done, all better now, albeit with one locking nut less than it should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor View Post

Really?? Well if you say so & can find one hell yes!

Looks sweet! Diesel or that petrol you mentioned earlier?
    I stayed with a diesel, and blew my budget, so as it's a 9g rather than an 8g it does have a DPF.
    Not overly concerned about it with the driving I do as it'll not likely get too clogged up, and if it does according to the inordinate amount of reading I've done the Civic's respond well to cleaning with chems and a pressure washer.

Oh, and you can sod sliced bread, heated seats are the bestest invention ever but I still do look around in a panic when the stop start cuts in

5. The following 2 users liked this useful post by mrlongbeard:

Liked 1,453 in 1,018 posts
    Blog Entries

but no the plank that sold it had both front tyres at 23psi instead of the required 36psi.

I stayed with a diesel
    Can't imagine for a minute Honda wouldn't have put different wheels onto the diesel variant, but FWIW whoever had our 205 Turbo Diesel beforehand knew what they were doing & had fatter rims on it than factory. Still pug wheels though. Anyhow it was wayyyy more planted & secure than the 205 normally aspirated we had before, which is same engine block etc. That had the normal wheels on it.

I'd be having a bloody strong word with the dealer though. Surely that's a Trading Standards shutdown event??

Glad you clocked it.

Liked 1,252 in 884 posts

Oh, and you can sod sliced bread, heated seats are the bestest invention ever
    I thougt that until I got chilled seats, they are the bestest.

Liked 8,524 in 4,455 posts

Why are people drongo's ?
    It had a vibration around the 70 - 80mph mark, no worries thinks I, it's not excessive so the wheels just need a balance, but no the plank that sold it had both front tyres at 23psi instead of the required 36psi.

With that 'fixed' i went for a quick spin to check, still some vibration, but less, never mind a quick 1.5 hour round trip to halfords needed, so off I pop.
    Get home, 'hello what's this thinks I, a missing wheel nut, odd best give them a check, bugger me sideways, of the 20 nuts 1 is missing and 15 others are no more than finger tight, FFS.

OK, rookie mistake, I should have given them a check before, but why can't a motor trader get this shit right?

Hey ho, no damage done, all better now, albeit with one locking nut less than it should have.

I stayed with a diesel, and blew my budget, so as it's a 9g rather than an 8g it does have a DPF.
    Not overly concerned about it with the driving I do as it'll not likely get too clogged up, and if it does according to the inordinate amount of reading I've done the Civic's respond well to cleaning with chems and a pressure washer.

Oh, and you can sod sliced bread, heated seats are the bestest invention ever but I still do look around in a panic when the stop start cuts in
    But only if you also have an air scarf!

Liked 1,252 in 884 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    But only if you also have an air scarf!
    Or a roof.

10. The following user liked this post made by Mussels:

Liked 8,524 in 4,455 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
    Or a roof.
    You can still use it with the roof up for extra snugness!

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    You can still use it with the roof up for extra snugness!
    S'what a beard is for

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission