TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Motegi - Japan MotoGP

Liked 1,525 in 944 posts

Default Motegi - Japan MotoGP

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    And it is a Ducati on Pole in HonYamzuki Land! Cal done well at top Honda though and Zarco put the plugs in the right way this time.

1 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 309.8 1'44.590
    2 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 304.8 1'44.658 0.068 / 0.068
    3 43 Jack MILLER AUS Alma Pramac Racing Ducati 306.3 1'44.727 0.137 / 0.069
    4 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda CASTROL Honda 308.2 1'44.820 0.230 / 0.093
    5 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 305.8 1'44.832 0.242 / 0.012
    6 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 306.2 1'44.889 0.299 / 0.057
    7 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 308.2 1'45.140 0.550 / 0.251
    8 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 305.2 1'45.225 0.635 / 0.085
    9 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 306.2 1'45.265 0.675 / 0.040
    10 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Angel Nieto Team Ducati 306.9 1'45.396 0.806 / 0.131
    11 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 307.8 1'45.519 0.929 / 0.123
    12 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU Honda 299.5 1'46.168 1.578 / 0.649

Liked 1,322 in 678 posts

Default Re: Motegi - Japan MotoGP

Apparently Simon Crafar (MotoGP commentary team) didn't go home after Thailand, he's spent the last two weeks on a "cookery course". I've been trying to sell this a good idea to wifey but she's not really up for me taking a 2 week holiday in Thailand by myself.

3. The following user liked this post made by Pirahna:

Liked 127 in 83 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Apparently Simon Crafar (MotoGP commentary team) didn't go home after Thailand, he's spent the last two weeks on a "cookery course". I've been trying to sell this a good idea to wifey but she's not really up for me taking a 2 week holiday in Thailand by myself.
    Tell you're coming with me. I know a few places to take you, if you get bored of Som Tan lessons.

5. The following user liked this post made by ninja:

Liked 1,411 in 913 posts

So no comments on the race?

Not the most thrilling, but very interesting I thought. It seemed that Dovi had it and Marc looked really ragged but just goes to show how hard they were pushing. Dovi seemed to be crashing for about 30 seconds before he actually came off. Given how rare it is to see Dovi crash I think it must show how hard he is riding the bike in order to compete. Great result for Cal, he looked like he was hanging on in the end but 2nd is 2nd. Fantastic result for Rins too he seems to have a good future ahead of him and so good to see Suzuki doing well. On the downside Yamaha really need to do something cos they are really struggling. Bradley looked like he had a very good ride too.

And on to Marc. The man just looks incredible I've no idea how he rides like he does but glad I'm living through seeing it. 7 titles and can't see him not getting another 2 before he finishes (if not a fair number more). Bet that will make Rossi sick if he is still riding when someone else equals his record (unless Marc knackers himself).

Looking forward to Phillip Island as always a great race there.

Liked 9,151 in 5,236 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    So no comments on the race?

Not the most thrilling, but very interesting I thought. It seemed that Dovi had it and Marc looked really ragged but just goes to show how hard they were pushing. Dovi seemed to be crashing for about 30 seconds before he actually came off. Given how rare it is to see Dovi crash I think it must show how hard he is riding the bike in order to compete. Great result for Cal, he looked like he was hanging on in the end but 2nd is 2nd. Fantastic result for Rins too he seems to have a good future ahead of him and so good to see Suzuki doing well. On the downside Yamaha really need to do something cos they are really struggling. Bradley looked like he had a very good ride too.

And on to Marc. The man just looks incredible I've no idea how he rides like he does but glad I'm living through seeing it. 7 titles and can't see him not getting another 2 before he finishes (if not a fair number more). Bet that will make Rossi sick if he is still riding when someone else equals his record (unless Marc knackers himself).

Looking forward to Phillip Island as always a great race there.
    Same as you really... I thought it was a good race, even without the overtaking of some, the intrigue did it all for me. All classes were a good watch.

I can't see how he won't reach 10+

Liked 1,411 in 913 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    I can't see how he won't reach 10+
    Me neither, well unless he gets injured. But if not he does seem head and shoulders better than the others. He only didn't win in 2015 cos he didn't settle for points when he could have.

9. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

Liked 2,149 in 1,102 posts
    Blog Entries

Haven't seen the race but every cuddly wuddly beary beary boo was posting it all over social media. I wouldn't mind so much if BT Sport were repeating it later in the day like they did with the Thai round, but waiting until the Channel 5 lash-up on Wednesday (if they can be bothered, if there's not some people riding bicycles somewhere for hours on end) is pointless.

But Marquez, yeah, developed from a brash crazy kid into one of the greats. I hate hype like GOATS but he's right up there for sure. He copied his early style off Rossi, with an amazing ability to brake and turn in, but lately he's developing his own style which is a mixture of everything allowing him to change lines mid corner if he needs to, unlike people like Lorenzo who is blisteringly fast but only really does "one" line. He seems to spend practice searching for the limit, hence the number of falls and saves he does, and this knowledge means he knows exactly where the limit is in the race and what it feels like when you get there. While he's still young and fearless I can see no end to him winning, but that tends to wear off as you get older and don't bounce as well, so I expect him to retire after a few injuries - not for a good few years I hope though, as he's amazing to watch and comes over as a decent bloke and sporting rider too.

11. The following user liked this post made by Tomcat:

Liked 1,525 in 944 posts

And Cal is first British rider over 1000 points for premier class. He is going well.

Liked 4,905 in 3,064 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Makman View Post
    And Cal is first British rider over 1000 points for premier class. He is going well.
    Blimey

Liked 4,511 in 2,473 posts

Really enjoyed it and Marquez was outstanding. Good to see him and Cal bring in a Honda 1,2. The boss looked very happy.
    Philip island should be a scream now, Marquez has the title so both him and Dovi will really go for it.

Bradders had a good race too, I think he's beaten Pol in the last 3 or 4 rounds at least? Behind on points from Pol's strong finishes early in the season but on current form, Bradders is the stronger of the two.

Liked 4,905 in 3,064 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Really enjoyed it and Marquez was outstanding. Good to see him and Cal bring in a Honda 1,2. The boss looked very happy.
    Philip island should be a scream now, Marquez has the title so both him and Dovi will really go for it.

Bradders had a good race too, I think he's beaten Pol in the last 3 or 4 rounds at least? Behind on points from Pol's strong finishes early in the season but on current form, Bradders is the stronger of the two.
    Aye. I love Bradders, but isn't Pol still injured?

Liked 4,511 in 2,473 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Aye. I love Bradders, but isn't Pol still injured?
    He might be, good point but he was racing though and came in 13th behind Bradders.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission