TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: New bike day.... Is it orange ? Is that a stupid question? Well... only a little bit.

Liked 9,283 in 5,312 posts

Default Re: New bike day.... Is it orange ? Is that a stupid question? Well... only a little

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    I’d get the bog standard Dragster if I was going to get another MV.
    They’re almost as good as the fancy version except the paint and exhaust.

They have 790’s here but they don’t do demo bikes, so you just have to put your money down and take a chance.
    They’re also more expensive here, the European bikes are always more expensive, the Japanese ones are cheap.
    It's quite a short list i've seen of people who've not got off the 790 and thought "yeah, love that"... Although i could possibly see you being like Druid and being one of them, but i think that's partly all of our fault as we've talked them up and expectations are high.... Whilst it's a brilliant bike, it's still just a 95bhp twin.

Liked 4,590 in 2,512 posts

Default Re: New bike day.... Is it orange ? Is that a stupid question? Well... only a little

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    It's quite a short list i've seen of people who've not got off the 790 and thought "yeah, love that"... Although i could possibly see you being like Druid and being one of them, but i think that's partly all of our fault as we've talked them up and expectations are high.... Whilst it's a brilliant bike, it's still just a 95bhp twin.
    Remember when you took Couchies out on track for the first time, ISTR you weren't over impressed? Maybe they're just a grower?

Liked 9,283 in 5,312 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Remember when you took Couchies out on track for the first time, ISTR you weren't over impressed? Maybe they're just a grower?
    I think at times we're kinda spoilt in this day and age, where we can ride anything and everything on the planet, we then along with the internet tend to over analyse things. Because i've done so many test rides on bikes over the years i go into it sometimes picking faults with them, rather than enjoying them. Starting the thought pattern with "What don't i like about this" rather than just enjoying it for what it is.

I don't for a second think i'm alone in that and things like Druids post make that more certain in my mind..

I also think it's hard when it's not your bike, you can't let go of that and drag the thoughts of what if, take it easy and maybe into it, especially on track.

I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited about the 790 at the moment that i actually wish i had more time and the wife went away to her mums for a week as i'd put the bugger on the trailer and drive to the South of France/Spain just so i could get some warm dry riding in on it

4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission