TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New bike (maybe) version 3

Liked 9,606 in 5,520 posts

Default Re: New bike (maybe) version 3

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    I can’t really see any new bike being a keeper, they’re just toys.
    Its likely that any new bike I buy won’t last more than 12 months.

The LC is most definitely a keeper, it currently stands me at about twelve grand and I’m toying with the idea of carbon wheels. It makes 50rwbhp and weighs about 135kg, I can pick the back end up by the pillion rail and move it around.

The TDR is on the road and mechanically good but cosmetically untidy, I have everything new to put on it but I haven’t got round to it. I got the fork stantions back from Philpotts in September and rebuilt the forks when I was home a couple of weeks ago, they’re now as good as new with new gaiters on.
    Thats also a keeper, it’s been halfway around the world with me.
    We never got much from the LC in the way of updates once you sent it to the insanely expensive fella did we ?

Liked 6,071 in 3,142 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    We never got much from the LC in the way of updates once you sent it to the insanely expensive fella did we ?
    It came back looking cosmetically amazing but didn't ride properly, it ran a bit rough.
    The restorer is a bloke that restores bikes to museum quality, but isn't great at setting them up, so it went off to a 2T dyno guy who put a programmable ignition on it and got it running like a dream.
    Then the suspension got properly set up.

Since then all I've done is ridden it really, not much more to do - unless I decide to put the carbon wheels on it - which would be easier now because I have the lathe to make up the spacers to suit.

The Rudge is half in bit's but that need a new push rod and push rod cup, plus some other work doing on the top end, I'll do it all myself and maybe do a vid of it or something.

3. The following 2 users liked this useful post by icarus1859:

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 2,882 in 1,735 posts

I think spoked wheels would look nice in an LC - they'd also be lighter than the originals

Liked 6,071 in 3,142 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    I think spoked wheels would look nice in an LC - they'd also be lighter than the originals
    Possibly lighter than the original cast wheels, but definitely not lighter than the Brembo ones on it now.
    I had the same idea and thought it would look good, but I saw one in the flesh and it didn't look that great tbh, so I didn't bother looking into it.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 2,882 in 1,735 posts

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    Possibly lighter than the original cast wheels, but definitely not lighter than the Brembo ones on it now.
    I had the same idea and thought it would look good, but I saw one in the flesh and it didn't look that great tbh, so I didn't bother looking into it.
    Hairy muff

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission