TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: WSB goes to 3 races per weekend

Liked 595 in 366 posts

Default WSB goes to 3 races per weekend

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Not seen this mentioned on here but I just read that the powers that be have decided to add an extra race. https://www.motorsport.com/wsbk/news...ormat/3193331/

A full race on Saturday, a sprint sunday morning and a full race again on the Sunday afternoon.

Do you think this will help the series?

Personally, I like that there's 2 races on the Sunday again, but could do without the Saturday one. The schedule for WSB is so sporadic, with huge gaps between races sometimes, that I often forget and end up missing the first race, and I rapidly loose interest if I'm missing a big chunk of the races.

However, I don't think the format is their main problem at the moment, but a certain all-conquering 4 times world champion who is blowing everybody into the weeds.

Liked 6,371 in 3,636 posts

Default Re: WSB goes to 3 races per weekend

The big boys are back next year tho', proper official factory teams from Honda and Yamaha.

Liked 910 in 456 posts

WSB had a load of potential this year. And then continued to fizzle out and Rea would make a race out of it for a few laps then decide he was bored and take off. I don't see that three races makes any difference apart from Rea potentially wrapping the championship up by round 4

Think three races smacks a bit of desperation on the organisers front? Maybe crowds were down due to people not thinking one race was enough to justify the entry fee?

Liked 4,975 in 3,109 posts
    Blog Entries

Bautista is still getting good top 10 finishes in motogp. He should do well in WSB.

Liked 992 in 429 posts

Wsb has made itself a boring irrelevant shadow of its former self.
    I doubt I’ll bother watching any further races, I’ve only seen a couple this year and didn’t think I’d missed much- curiously, I thought the actual race coverage/filming was really poor, seems like it’s all done on a minimal budget now.

Liked 1,352 in 690 posts

I'm looking forward to Moto E, only five short races but with quality riders. It's the future dude.

7. The following user liked this post made by Pirahna:

Liked 4,975 in 3,109 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    I'm looking forward to Moto E, only five short races but with quality riders. It's the future dude.
    There's quite a mix in there. Bradders and a few more...

https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature...9-rider-lineup

Liked 1,453 in 934 posts

The problem for wsb is no one watches it. Having more or less races probably won't change that. I don't think viewing figures will change much unless GP gets crap.

I can spend around 2 to 5 hours watching a GP weekend I simply do not have the time to watch wsb as well I've even knocked bsb and that has some cracking racing. So it's not the format or the bikes etc it's that I watch GP and that's it. Maybe if Rossi/Lollipop retire and the newer riders fail to make the grade and Marc wins every year by miles I might watch something else but at the minute GPs are good especially moto3

Liked 9,274 in 5,307 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    The problem for wsb is no one watches it. Having more or less races probably won't change that. I don't think viewing figures will change much unless GP gets crap.

I can spend around 2 to 5 hours watching a GP weekend I simply do not have the time to watch wsb as well I've even knocked bsb and that has some cracking racing. So it's not the format or the bikes etc it's that I watch GP and that's it. Maybe if Rossi/Lollipop retire and the newer riders fail to make the grade and Marc wins every year by miles I might watch something else but at the minute GPs are good especially moto3
    MAybe if they only allow Rea to ride in 2 per weekend, might give the others a bit more of a chance ?

Liked 1,453 in 934 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    MAybe if they only allow Rea to ride in 2 per weekend, might give the others a bit more of a chance ?
    Not really. Supersport for example is nearly always a good close race but I don't watch it as I'm already biked out by GP weekend stuff.

At the moment I've had less time than normal so I have about 10 moto3/2 races I'm banking for winter viewing. Once I've done that I might watch some wsb really runs but probably not

Liked 9,274 in 5,307 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Not really. Supersport for example is nearly always a good close race but I don't watch it as I'm already biked out by GP weekend stuff.

At the moment I've had less time than normal so I have about 10 moto3/2 races I'm banking for winter viewing. Once I've done that I might watch some wsb really runs but probably not
    LOL i was kidding

13. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Liked 1,569 in 924 posts

I watched some SBK ages ago, by that point I'd been spoilt by the razamataz and 'show' of motogp.
    The front runners looked to be well into their forties and any budget looked almost non existent.
    It should be the pinnacle of the format, (ie 'std' machinery) but it just looks hobbyist to me.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission