TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me a tablet

Liked 1,445 in 1,012 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recommend me a tablet

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    I'm still using my old Hudl 2 occasionally. What exactly does an iPad do so very much better? I'm actually genuinely interested because sooner or later it'll break or the OS won't be able to support all the Apps or something.
    That's a little bit of an exception as it was pretty tasty when it 1st came out. I was watching Doctor Who on my Hudl2 last night. Essentially it's the quality & colour fidelity of the screen. My bro has something as old as an ipad2 & even these days it's a superb picture on it. I'd like it.

See my later reply for details. However, like Pax says for basics it will be fine. The nice thing about both Hudls is they have a HDMI out port, so you can chuck them into your telly & voila-smarter than the smartest sony. Actually the Hudl2 will chromecast to it-but that's not good for BBC iplayer. You'll still need to cable it in for that. Anyhow my bro has an old but fucking good pioneer plasma telly in his loft. Doesn't even have an ethernet port on the back-so dumb as an old CRT. But stick an old tablet into the HDMI & smartest fucking thing you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    You think that she thinks she needs an ipad, but you think she doesn't need an ipad, just a tablet.

She wants an ipad, buy her an ipad.

If it's not an ipad she won't use it and she'll hate you until you buy her an ipad.

Ask me how I know this?
    It's all true. When I was invited into the living room 1st thing I clocked was the obvious apple device balanced on a sofa cushion. I nearly fell over!

Liked 1,215 in 858 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Mrs TC says she wants "an iPad" for Christmas. Except she doesn't, she wants some kind of tablet that she can put in her bag and connect to wifi (not mobile data) for facebooking, internet browsing, taking and storing photographs and handling email and attachments.

Any good ideas? TIA
    My wife wanted a tablet for pretty much the same stuff and I suggested she tried our son's 4 year old Kindle fire 7 to see what she did and didn't like about it, she found it did everything she wanted perfectly well.

3. The following user liked this post made by Mussels:

Liked 1,445 in 1,012 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    You cant go wrong with one of these

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6779469

my nephew has the mini vsn of that (in 32GB as per previous post). It's very light & fast. My bro bought for him with his Sainsbury's points for effectively 30.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 434 in 327 posts
    Blog Entries

Mrs TC wants an ipad, get her an ipad. Older should be cheap now the new versions are out.

Liked 2,840 in 1,415 posts

I've got one of the early iPad Mini's - it rocks. Had I known more about them when I bought it I'd have got more memory and a one with a sim card. It fits in most hand bags and I used to download films or iPlayer stuff to watch on train journeys. The sim card bit would only be for being able to access emails whilst travelling.

TBH, if it had a sim slot, then I'd probably be using it for work now and not be looking for a bigger phone!! But as I need a new phone (mine's about to die!) I'll go large on that. However, at some point there's a good chance I'll get another iPad mini with the bits I didn't get the first time!

For now, due to larger phone (lack of sim for iPad) and having a laptop, i mostly use the iPad for connecting to the Apple TV to watch uk programs on!! LOL

(As it's the only tablet I've ever bought, I can't compare or recommend anything else!!)

Liked 2,169 in 1,111 posts

Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    Mrs TC wants an ipad, get her an ipad. Older should be cheap now the new versions are out.
    I know it doesn't have to be an iPad, because she told me it doesn't have to be an iPad, now would anyone else like to tell me what my wife thinks?
    Thanks for your opinion, however we have moved on a bit...

Liked 1,453 in 934 posts

As above we bought the kids 2 of the Lenovo tablets and they are decent for cheaper tablets. Cos it was for the kids I think we bought the smaller screen version but with the bigger memory and in a deal I think they were 50 quid or less, yet they work really well for general stuff.

9. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Supermofo:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 434 in 327 posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your opinion, however we have moved on a bit...
    But I can never move on...

Should Get Out More
    Liked 434 in 327 posts
    Blog Entries

The camera bit might be an issue, lots of tablets haven't got that great a camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission