TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Valencia MotoGP Testing

  1. #1
    Retired & Happy Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    37,027
    Like
    4,957
    Liked 4,978 in 3,111 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Valencia MotoGP Testing


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Live feed here...

    https://www.crash.net/motogp/livecom...alencia-motogp

    And it's on BT Sports

  2. #2
    Not Much To Do SNAFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Dordogneshire
    Posts
    513
    Like
    21
    Liked 196 in 116 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Nice to see Lorenzo carrying on where he left off��������

  3. #3
    Should Get Out More Makman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Barking at the moon.
    Posts
    8,174
    Like
    2,981
    Liked 1,545 in 959 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Seems Yamaha's new engine is a step in the right direction. A case of getting the electronics to sort the wheel spin and acceleration now.

  4. #4
    Should Get Out More Supermofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,051
    Like
    2,622
    Liked 1,453 in 934 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    Nice to see Lorenzo carrying on where he left off��������
    He's injured and on a new bike though so guess I can understand taking it easy at the start. Given his nature can't see him topping the time sheets or doing really well in GPs until he has his head around it.

  5. #5
    Should Get Out More Supermofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,051
    Like
    2,622
    Liked 1,453 in 934 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Mir has started well.

  6. #6
    Not Much To Do SNAFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Dordogneshire
    Posts
    513
    Like
    21
    Liked 196 in 116 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    He's injured and on a new bike though so guess I can understand taking it easy at the start. Given his nature can't see him topping the time sheets or doing really well in GPs until he has his head around it.
    I know, just waiting for Tomcat to come and have a bite.
    Considering this is a bike that has been built around Marquez whose style is completely the opposite to #99 I foresee a long, and quite possibly painful, learning curve.

  7. #7
    Should Get Out More Pirahna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,178
    Like
    842
    Liked 1,353 in 690 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Just watching Marquez going faster than this weekends pole time (qualifying was on a dry track).

  8. #8
    Retired & Happy Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    37,027
    Like
    4,957
    Liked 4,978 in 3,111 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Mir has started well.
    And getting better. I flicked the telly on but was a bit quiet. Gonna jump in at 3:30 and watch last half hour when it might get a bit more exciting.

  9. #9
    Should Get Out More Pirahna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,178
    Like
    842
    Liked 1,353 in 690 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    And getting better. I flicked the telly on but was a bit quiet. Gonna jump in at 3:30 and watch last half hour when it might get a bit more exciting.
    I'm watching the MotoGP feed, there's some really interesting commentary. A bloke called Neil Spalding who seems to know absolutely everything has been in the commentary box for the last hour. Lots of information about Lorenzo at Ducati and about them changing the bike from the time he got on it. His opinion was the bike that Ducati are now running is pretty much down to him.

    Marquez was asked what he was testing and said they were working on the front end to enable them to use the full range of tyres, which looks promising for Jorge.

  10. #10
    Should Get Out More Makman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Barking at the moon.
    Posts
    8,174
    Like
    2,981
    Liked 1,545 in 959 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    He's injured and on a new bike though so guess I can understand taking it easy at the start. Given his nature can't see him topping the time sheets or doing really well in GPs until he has his head around it.
    Even Rossi said "he is riding with broken wrist, that will change his style and speed".

  11. #11
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    55,119
    Like
    2,586
    Liked 9,283 in 5,312 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    I'm watching the MotoGP feed, there's some really interesting commentary. A bloke called Neil Spalding who seems to know absolutely everything has been in the commentary box for the last hour. Lots of information about Lorenzo at Ducati and about them changing the bike from the time he got on it. His opinion was the bike that Ducati are now running is pretty much down to him.

    Marquez was asked what he was testing and said they were working on the front end to enable them to use the full range of tyres, which looks promising for Jorge.
    Spalding runs Sigma performance, the blokes who are most commonly known for slipper clutches.

  12. #12
    Should Get Out More GiantPygmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    21,151
    Like
    5,700
    Liked 4,590 in 2,512 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    Spalding runs Sigma performance, the blokes who are most commonly known for slipper clutches.
    "Spalders" - used to regularly get interviewed by Julian Ryder on the Friday coverage in seasons gone by, he's a font of knowledge - both technical and 'gossip'

  13. #13
    Retired & Happy Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    37,027
    Like
    4,957
    Liked 4,978 in 3,111 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    "Spalders" - used to regularly get interviewed by Julian Ryder on the Friday coverage in seasons gone by, he's a font of knowledge - both technical and 'gossip'
    Yup. Top geezer.

  14. #14
    Should Get Out More Supermofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,051
    Like
    2,622
    Liked 1,453 in 934 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    The 2 things I miss most from Eurosport coverage of GPs is Spalding and Randy M. Spalding is such a knowledgeable bloke and his bits over the weekend were cracking, I really hoped that he'd have gone over to BT Sport but wasn't to be. Randy was, well himself really but very funny and knew his riding.

  15. #15
    A Bit Bored Spider101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Fens
    Posts
    276
    Like
    7
    Liked 6 in 5 posts

    Default Re: Valencia MotoGP Testing

    Neil Spalding was pushing the 3rd Edition of his book MotoGP Technology, I have the 2nd Edition and it is superb

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission