TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So, What next??

Liked 6,142 in 3,177 posts

Default Re: So, What next??

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post

The best Indian on the stand;

IMG_20181123_111724 by MrLongbeard, on Flickr

I do really like the look of those, but when you look at the dimensions and the weight I'd struggle to pick that over the Griso.
    If they got it down to <200kg wet then it would be a no brainer.

Liked 1,788 in 1,170 posts

It may be heavy compared to some but I reckon it'd eat the Harley for breakfast in every way bar not being a Harley. Which would be a plus in my eyes. I'd happily have a Indian as an only bike. The Scout is a nice bike too, but the tracker looks really good. I had a good look at Krazy Horse and the Indians look well finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    It may be heavy compared to some but I reckon it'd eat the Harley for breakfast in every way bar not being a Harley.
    If your benchmark is it has to beat a HD then you can throw a dart into any bike shop and just take whatever it hits.

Liked 3,265 in 1,703 posts

A bloke at work has a fat bob. It's not my cup of tea but he's over the moon with it. It seems well screwed together and being a Harley it'll hold its value well.

If I was looking for that type of bike and I had the cash, it'd be near the top of the list.

Liked 2,535 in 1,226 posts
    Blog Entries

The fat bob .

Liked 1,549 in 803 posts

I rode a lot Harley's in the 90's, my Buell was constantly back at the dealers for either it's 2500 mile service or a recall. I never found one I'd buy but 20 years on and I've warmed to them. The motors are a lot less service intensive and bits don't fall off. I came across this Youtube channel, it's a dealer in the US, his reviews are good and honest.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2h...mgACSGNApFTFKA

Liked 9,808 in 5,117 posts

When you ride a Harley, you ride what is probably the most identifiable motorbike on the planet. That's the first thing that hit me when I bought mine. Park up and people of all ages will stop and look at your Harley and people will remark if it comes up in conversation that you have one. It really is quite extraordinary.

Jap bikes are brilliant, but you need to check the name on the tank to see which marque you're riding. Ride a Harley and you'll know exactly what bike you're on. With my Sportster there was so many things wrong with it and things that could easily be put right by HD, but they wont because they sell blank canvasses and their after market side is as important as their bike sales. Plus if they "fixed" their bikes, they'd be as bland as the Jap copies of their bikes. When I had my Sportster a guy who also had one, sold it and bought a Yamaha Bolt, which is a sort of Sportster copy. A few months later he sold it and bought another sportster! He said the Bolt was probably a better bike all round, but it wasn't a Harley, which is a good illustration of how a Harley gets you. The flip side of that is loads of people buy them expecting this seduction, but just think WTAF and sell the again shortly afterwards. They are the most marmite of bikes and you really do either get them, or you don't and it really is that binary. If you think you might go for the Harley, try and get an extended test ride and sample it in all environments.

FWIW, out of your selection, i'd probably go for the Breakout or Fat Bob or the Duc Sled.

I really like the look of the Indian, but then I also like the look of the Jap muscle bikes, I was in here today looking at this http://www.dusejamoto.com/listings/kawasaki-zrx-1200r/ and it looks ace - but after the initial couple of rides I fear I'd just write it off as a really heavy bike that I can't hussle around as fast as I want to. Same for the Triumph bobber, although I hear that handles very well - the only problem is that now I've seen them in the flesh I can't get the image of Wild Hogs out of my mind.

I think I'm stuck between still wanting to go a bit fast around bends and not wanting a race rep anymore.

Liked 7,242 in 4,085 posts

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    I really like the look of the Indian, but then I also like the look of the Jap muscle bikes, I was in here today looking at this http://www.dusejamoto.com/listings/kawasaki-zrx-1200r/ and it looks ace - but after the initial couple of rides I fear I'd just write it off as a really heavy bike that I can't hussle around as fast as I want to. Same for the Triumph bobber, although I hear that handles very well - the only problem is that now I've seen them in the flesh I can't get the image of Wild Hogs out of my mind.

I think I'm stuck between still wanting to go a bit fast around bends and not wanting a race rep anymore.
    You're too worked up about weight.

Even shopping bikes are over 200kg these days.

10. The following user liked this post made by KungFooBob:

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,754 in 2,983 posts

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    I do really like the look of those, but when you look at the dimensions and the weight I'd struggle to pick that over the Griso.
    If they got it down to <200kg wet then it would be a no brainer.
    It's 'only' 230kg wet, swap the exhaust, get rid of the oem plate hanger, have a good dump before you go out and you'll not be far off 200kg.

12. The following user liked this post made by mrlongbeard:

Liked 2,535 in 1,226 posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Taipan;2881307]When you ride a Harley, you ride what is probably the most identifiable motorbike on the planet. That's the first thing that hit me when I bought mine. Park up and people of all ages will stop and look at your Harley and people will remark if it comes up in conversation that you have one. It really is quite extraordinary.

Jap bikes are brilliant, but you need to check the name on the tank to see which marque you're riding. Ride a Harley and you'll know exactly what bike you're on. With my Sportster there was so many things wrong with it and things that could easily be put right by HD, but they wont because they sell blank canvasses and their after market side is as important as their bike sales. Plus if they "fixed" their bikes, they'd be as bland as the Jap copies of their bikes. When I had my Sportster a guy who also had one, sold it and bought a Yamaha Bolt, which is a sort of Sportster copy. A few months later he sold it and bought another sportster! He said the Bolt was probably a better bike all round, but it wasn't a Harley, which is a good illustration of how a Harley gets you. The flip side of that is loads of people buy them expecting this seduction, but just think WTAF and sell the again shortly afterwards. They are the most marmite of bikes and you really do either get them, or you don't and it really is that binary. If you think you might go for the Harley, try and get an extended test ride and sample it in all environments.

FWIW, out of your selection, i'd probably go for the Breakout or Fat Bob or the Duc Sled.[/QUOTEriding the Harley is the only time I've had people step off the pavement and tell me my bikes is gorgeous/lovely etc.they really are different .as for the talk of reliability I had one that was fun I had to carry a bag of tools with me as bits would fall off like gear levers brake levers ,the other one I had was as reliable as any other make of Bike ive owned and took us all over Europe .

14. The following user liked this post made by MrTack:

Liked 117 in 41 posts

Default So, What next??

I hadn’t heard much about the ccm’s but thought they looked the nuts and felt as you describe them, just right. I said to my lad it felt like a Goldilocks bike. I particularly liked this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked 117 in 41 posts

This looked good too.

Liked 5,927 in 3,731 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojetset View Post

I hadn’t heard much about the ccm’s but thought they looked the nuts and felt as you describe them, just right. I said to my lad it felt like a Goldilocks bike. I particularly liked this one.

Why the stupidly small mudguards ?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojetset View Post

This looked good too.

Im not sure if that’s just too far on the wrong side of bling, but it’s definitely caught my eye.

19. The following user liked this post made by icarus1859:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission