TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, What next??

Liked 6,139 in 3,175 posts

Default Re: So, What next??

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    I’ve had a good look through the CCM catalogue and it’s 13bhp more than the Fantic, the same weight and more than double the price. I really don’t see it being worth double, as far as I can see it’s a big bore version of the old Husky motor that Fantic are using, probably made in the same factory.

The version with the Ohlins race pack would be tasty, but that’s another five large and you could buy almost three Caballeros for that.

IMHO it’s not special enough to drop fifteen grand on, the Fantic looks like an absolute bargain in comparison.

Liked 9,940 in 5,733 posts

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    IMHO it’s not special enough to drop fifteen grand on, the Fantic looks like an absolute bargain in comparison.
    That very much remains to be seen.

Liked 236 in 158 posts

i realise it's prob not your thing, but the CB1100 still does it for me. it's not fast and it's not showy, but it feels like the kind of bike you could live with for a while

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...ide-and-review

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    That very much remains to be seen.
    On paper obviously, I haven’t ridden either.
    Early reports of both bikes are thin on the ground but the Caballero Scrambler has been well received - time will tell if it falls apart or goes bang early on, but the motors on both are Chinese so reliability should be comparable.

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,629 in 2,903 posts

I’ve had a good look through the CCM catalogue and it’s 13bhp more than the Fantic, the same weight and more than double the price. I really don’t see it being worth double, as far as I can see it’s a big bore version of the old Husky motor that Fantic are using, probably made in the same factory.

The version with the Ohlins race pack would be tasty, but that’s another five large and you could buy almost three Caballeros for that.

Like for like the difference is only 4k, but in the flesh side by side you'd easily say the CCM is worth twice that of the Fantic, but I appreciate worth and taste is subjective.

But then I've had 2 CCM's and ran them both through winter, snow and all, albeit with Suzuki lumps, and I'd have zero concerns over build quality, but what price being able to rock up to the factory gates if it did go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    i realise it's prob not your thing,
    You'd be right, looks bland n boring

Quote Originally Posted by MrTack View Post
    as for the talk of reliability I had one that was fun I had to carry a bag of tools with me as bits would fall off like gear levers brake levers ,the other one I had was as reliable as any other make of Bike ive owned and took us all over Europe .
    If it were a Ducati you'd be paying another 5k for that kind of character.

I have absolutely zero concerns over reliability on any of the bikes on my list, it'll be a weekend toy with the odd commute use on high days n holidays, they'll all be self serviced once the warranty is over, and tinkering is as much of the fun as riding for me.

Liked 1,645 in 1,072 posts

I noticed the Foggy CCM in the MCN and was looking at the stats. IIRC Its slightly lighter than a 690 but not much, in tuned state makes less power and it's about 6k more. OK it's 'exclusive' but in every other respect other than looks you'd get a better bike out of a 690.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,176 in 1,917 posts

ZRX11 and 12 engines are incredibly heavy, I can carry a 1982 Z1000J engine without the cylinder head by myself, I can't even pick up the equivalent ZRX engine, Zephyr 1100 engines are also very heavy.

The best balanced of the Kawasaki muscle bikes are the aircooled Z650 and Z750, they aren't the fastest things ever made though, Suzuki you might as well go for the GS1000/GSX1100 as the 750s ride like gutless big bikes, the same goes for Honda CB750/900/1100s.

Liked 9,328 in 4,854 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrTack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    When you ride a Harley, you ride what is probably the most identifiable motorbike on the planet. That's the first thing that hit me when I bought mine. Park up and people of all ages will stop and look at your Harley and people will remark if it comes up in conversation that you have one. It really is quite extraordinary.

Jap bikes are brilliant, but you need to check the name on the tank to see which marque you're riding. Ride a Harley and you'll know exactly what bike you're on. With my Sportster there was so many things wrong with it and things that could easily be put right by HD, but they wont because they sell blank canvasses and their after market side is as important as their bike sales. Plus if they "fixed" their bikes, they'd be as bland as the Jap copies of their bikes. When I had my Sportster a guy who also had one, sold it and bought a Yamaha Bolt, which is a sort of Sportster copy. A few months later he sold it and bought another sportster! He said the Bolt was probably a better bike all round, but it wasn't a Harley, which is a good illustration of how a Harley gets you. The flip side of that is loads of people buy them expecting this seduction, but just think WTAF and sell the again shortly afterwards. They are the most marmite of bikes and you really do either get them, or you don't and it really is that binary. If you think you might go for the Harley, try and get an extended test ride and sample it in all environments.

FWIW, out of your selection, i'd probably go for the Breakout or Fat Bob or the Duc Sled.
    riding the Harley is the only time I've had people step off the pavement and tell me my bikes is gorgeous/lovely etc.they really are different .as for the talk of reliability I had one that was fun I had to carry a bag of tools with me as bits would fall off like gear levers brake levers ,the other one I had was as reliable as any other make of Bike ive owned and took us all over Europe .
    Best Harley advice I was given was to buy some loctite blue and use it on anything you undo and do back up! On the Sportster I didn't find the vibes bad. They were deffo there, but they're proper vibes, not like the finger numbing, higher frequency, buzzy vibes of Jap bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    Like for like the difference is only 4k, but in the flesh side by side you'd easily say the CCM is worth twice that of the Fantic, but I appreciate worth and taste is subjective.
    Thats interesting, I haven’t seen either in the flesh so I can’t comment.
    I’m still not sure about the price difference though, I bet you could do a hell of a lot to the Fantic for the extra four grand - but I’m not after spending ten grand on a flat tracker, six grand sounds cheap and that’s a lot of the appeal.

Liked 9,940 in 5,733 posts

I’m still not sure about the price difference though, I bet you could do a hell of a lot to the Fantic for the extra four grand - but I’m not after spending ten grand on a flat tracker, six grand sounds cheap and that’s a lot of the appeal.
    You know what generally happens when you buy cheap stuff....

Watching the vid, it looks very YOU !

For the 4k you could do everything and anything, but you probably don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    You know what generally happens when you buy cheap stuff....

Watching the vid, it looks very YOU !
    Cool, good-looking, sophisticated....I hear you

Then there was this;
    IMG_20181123_115751 by MrLongbeard, on Flickr

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk...scrambler-1200
    Rate, very tidy, needs a comy seat though, no prices available yet that I'm aware, but one to keep on the radar.
    Prices are out, and it's over 13,500 specced to my liking, so that's a no from me

Liked 1,645 in 1,072 posts

Prices are out, and it's over 13,500 specced to my liking, so that's a no from me
    New bike prices stun me at times and seems there is some pretty horrific depreciation that can occur too.

16. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Supermofo:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission