TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hacked

Liked 2,200 in 1,213 posts

Default Re: Hacked

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    In English ?
    Volume crime is the stuff that happens a lot; burglary, robbery, theft from vehicles etc. Used to form the bulk of the crime work. Digital charging is sending stuff via email rather than it being a face to face or via phone. Months are a period of time. Briefly is a not very long period of time. Appointments are allocated segments of time

2. The following user liked this post made by NyseriA:

Liked 5,802 in 3,005 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Gangs of burglars armed with knives now walking around Barking at night. No police response so far.

FB vid only https://www.facebook.com/omer.mir.77...6369223778832/

https://www.facebook.com/omer.mir.77...6368877112200/

That's the sort of stuff that is only prevented by a strong police presence, i.e. bobbies on the beat.

The problem is the police force have had a bunch of wanker consultants in who reckon that police work can be 'streamlined' and made more efficient, in other words, remove a load of them and automate some processes - which is fine if you're removing lazy admins, but they've decided they don't need boots on the ground either, which is why you've got cnuts walking around with blades trying peoples front doors.

The caveat to this is that the public sector breeds laziness and I've seen first hand a load of coppers just swinging the lead, taking their time and mincing about - so to a consultant who hasn't got a clue it just looks like you could remove a load of them.

I suppose you reap what you sow, immigration that encourages streets gangs made up of individuals with funny names, the decline of family units, fat lazy coppers, dimwit consultants, MP's only interested in their expenses sheet, etc, etc.
    It's not going to get any better.

4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by icarus1859:

Liked 2,970 in 1,593 posts

Quote Originally Posted by NyseriA View Post
    We have volume crime files with them on the digital charging scheme for months at a time. They look at them briefly and say that they'll take longer than the allotted time and to send them back with a new appointment...
    I dont deal in volume stuff so if your stuff is too complicated for the allotted 90 minutes you can imagine how they react when we ring up at 2300 saying we have 5 in for a 3 month conspiracy with video and lengthy surveillance footage and we want to remand them all to the morning court as most might leave the country ..... heads explode time

6. The following user liked this post made by Bigyin:

CPS direct stuff are fine (well, they're not but that's a different story). It's the not-in-custody stuff that's the real issue at the moment _

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    ... I've seen first hand a load of coppers just swinging the lead, taking their time and mincing about - so to a consultant who hasn't got a clue it just looks like you could remove a load of them.
    Where have you seen this first hand?

The problem the police has had is that the "lazy admins" you refer to weren't actually as lazy as you think and the work they did is now having to be done by the "fat coppers" who therefore aren't on the beat (which to be honest, disappeared about 8 years ago anyway) because whilst they've reduced staff, they've increased demand.

You only get less with less, after all.

Courchevel 1650 (winter). Canet Plage (summer)
    Liked 1,153 in 679 posts

Everyone pays a fair bit towards policing so everyone deserves an explanation as to why things are how they are
    I think I can help out with that one...

Things in the police are "the way they are" because a succession of governments have underfunded and over restricted them so they will fail. This is part of a deliberate plan so that Politicians can then "sell off" policing to their school chums/ whoever pays the biggest bribe.

Kinda like trains and the NHS really. Surprised more don't see it coming tbh.

Liked 5,802 in 3,005 posts

Where have you seen this first hand?

The problem the police has had is that the "lazy admins" you refer to weren't actually as lazy as you think and the work they did is now having to be done by the "fat coppers" who therefore aren't on the beat (which to be honest, disappeared about 8 years ago anyway) because whilst they've reduced staff, they've increased demand.

You only get less with less, after all.
    Many years ago I tried a different career and worked for a voluntary sector agency doing arrest referrals, then worked for probation doing DTTO's.
    I used to be based out of a police station in the north of England and spent every morning there doing interviews for the arrest referrals, the DTTO's used to come to our office in the town.

I'm not saying they were bad lads, but none of them were rushing around, it was quite a surprise after a spell in the army and construction, they've have been sacked or twatted if they'd worked that slow on site.

I couldn't remember if you'd mentioned it before. When I joined in 2004, I expected it to be like the military in a way. It wasn't. At all.

The IT was outdated then, we still use it now. There's a lot less of the lead swinging these days, nowhere to hide really. Still happens as people still seem intent on ensuring that removing dead wood is as hard as possible but it's slowly changing too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission