TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instagram

Liked 2,660 in 1,743 posts

Default Re: Instagram

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Who owns the images once they've been posted on Instagram?
    (C) usually is held by the creator (no, not big G) unless given away or contractually owned by another. Obviously there are risks to placing on the web (I've twice had content taken from a bike training web site and re-used), but they will be low-res versions of the originals

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,468 in 1,678 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Who owns the images once they've been posted on Instagram?
    From here. https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870

Permissions You Give to Us. As part of our agreement, you also give us permissions that we need to provide the Service.
    • We do not claim ownership of your content, but you grant us a license to use it.
      Nothing is changing about your rights in your content. We do not claim ownership of your content that you post on or through the Service. Instead, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Service, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). You can end this license anytime by deleting your content or account. However, content will continue to appear if you shared it with others and they have not deleted it. To learn more about how we use information, and how to control or delete your content, review the Data Policy and visit the Instagram Help Center.

Liked 2,792 in 1,676 posts
    Blog Entries

I like the Highland warriors. Have you illustrated any military history books?

Liked 992 in 429 posts

Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post
    I like the Highland warriors. Have you illustrated any military history books?
    Sort of, but only as a favour to some of my mates and not in any official way, I did go an see about getting work from Osprey in the early 1980's but was so pissed off at the way I was treated I never bothered contacting them again (f**k you Martin Windrow!)

The Highlander prints are an attempt to sell into the local tourist market rather than a serious attempt at military prints, I would have been much more conscientious about specific details being clear if it were for a more focussed (and well informed) audience.

Copyright will remain with me except for the images I've produced commercially (for GW and others) which will stay with them, very entertainingly for me, many of the core IP pictures I've done over the years have actually been extra curricular pieces I've done for my own amusement, and never having been commisioned or requested to do them, and being done in my own time, the copyright will be in a bit of a gray area- but actually be mostly mine, a lot of them were 'gifted' and while I wouldn't really challenge who controls the image it may come as a bit of a pisser if anyone tries to stop me presenting them as I see fit.

5. The following user liked this post made by Monstyr:

Liked 2,077 in 1,287 posts

Like all other posters, I am very, very impressed. Such talent! Incredible detail on some of the images.

As a matter of interest, are your images hosted on Deviant Art? I think it is one of the very best for all manner of artwork.

https://www.deviantart.com/

Their about page.

https://about.deviantart.com/

I like this artistís work.

https://www.deviantart.com/petemohrb...purchase=print

Keep up the good work.

Liked 278 in 108 posts

treat it like a forum, the more interaction you have the better, follow similar people, use hash tags to bring people to you. i do it with my food based stuff on one account and graffiti on another, if your quite regular with it you can build up a decent following,

that warhammer stuff is mental

Liked 1,248 in 597 posts

This is seriously good work. What sort of stuff are you looking for work wise?

Really Bored
    Liked 505 in 243 posts

Default Instagram

Iíve also followed & am crazy impressed !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zebbyzulu; Yesterday at 01:20.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,807 in 1,077 posts
    Blog Entries

I know very little about Instagram, but I was amused by the two pictures of cute little rabbits half way through the feed of dragons, swords and guns.

11. The following user liked this post made by Mr. Dazzle:

Liked 932 in 455 posts
    Blog Entries

Awesome stuff.

But what's with the fluffy bunnies? Had an off day?

Liked 992 in 429 posts

Thanks again for the support.
    I'm not really on deviantart, I did make an account but havent really used it, coincidently I already follow peter morbacher on instagram.
    The fluffy bunnies are just an example of other work I've done in the past, those were done in the early 1980's so are pretty old, I had intended to concentrate on natural history and wildlife at that stage but as other jobs came my way I did less of those and drifted into other subject areas.

Instagram was always a stopgap, I am populating an actual personal website right now, it's deeply tedious work for me and suspect it'll take me a few weeks to get it to a stage where it's suitable to be made public, the longer I'm doing that the less I'm actually doing proper work-of the type that'll hopefully make me some money.

Liked 1,445 in 1,012 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monstyr View Post
    Instagram was always a stopgap, I am populating an actual personal website right now, it's deeply tedious work for me and suspect it'll take me a few weeks to get it to a stage where it's suitable to be made public, the longer I'm doing that the less I'm actually doing proper work-of the type that'll hopefully make me some money.
    wowser. Again not my thing these days, but I ran & bought for Sc-Fi, Fantasy & Graphic Novels for quite a while & all of that is professional 'man from del monte say YES' front jacket work. Looks to me you could turn your hand to anything.

You're not going to like this-we dropped our own website a year ago. We get more from word of mouth than anything, my partner uses her FB account for promotion. The more 'interesting' artists I know do run their own website, but also multiple instagram, Etsy especially, & other groups. The 'brand' is according to the nature of the Art. My mate Emma Black has a rather curious COSPLAY/ Deviant type of action on one too, which all started when she was a student in London & needed some extra to pay her rent & course fees. It's proved rather lucrative she says, as well as a lot of fun.

FWIW I watermark any really peachy photos I use & invariably upload the rest in stunning lo res. Like 100kb!

Facinating fella. Oddly enough last month I had a really good look through the graphic novel section & borrowed some to take home from the library. You make a lot of that look look insipid.

Liked 992 in 429 posts

I realise the social media thing seems to generate a better response but they are still ephemeral things that aren’t very well organised as a representative selection of work, just a timeline of images, with my own website I can curate the content and cycle it regularly as I have a pretty large back catalogue, I would like to carry on with the Instagram thing but Facebook blocked me in under an hour of setting up an account for reasons that utterly escape me and no amount of emailing them has even got me any response let alone a reason for doing so but as my email is now blocked by them it’s not available as an option anymore.

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,226 in 2,684 posts

Go get another email address just for Facebook, then set it up to forward any and all emails to your real email.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission