TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: London thread; ULEZ compliance information.

Really Bored
    Liked 400 in 267 posts

Default Re: London thread; ULEZ compliance information.

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Why are people asking for certificates from the manufacturer? TfL have a form where you can enter your reg number to check:
    https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...m-checker-ulez

Liked 10,517 in 5,497 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scootabout View Post
    Why are people asking for certificates from the manufacturer? TfL have a form where you can enter your reg number to check:
    Cos TFL are blindly basing it on the vehicles Euro spec and not individual nox emissions. So if you can prove your nox limit is under the maximum amount you can appeal and win exemption.

3. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 3,017 in 2,048 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scootabout View Post
    Heads up London peeps.

TFL are basing their database purely on a 1st Registration date. My VFR was registered a few months earlier that the TFL cut-off, but I now have a Certificate of Conformity from Honda that shows that

• a) the bike is Euro 3 compliant
    • b) that the NOX emission is 1.020 g/km (the limit is I think 1.5 g/km).

I shall be challenging TFL and no doubt will get an exemption, but this will only apply to my bike. If you are caught out by this scam ask your manufacturer for a Certificate of Conformity. Honda were very quick and it cost me zilch.

5. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Cousin Jack:

Liked 327 in 172 posts
    Blog Entries

Most, if not all, importers to the UK are only too pleased to give a certificate of conformity if requested (not that every bike will fall within the (all encompassing, so very unfair) categories set by tfl. I am sure that these importers would like to comment widely on this, but probably fear a backlash from tfl.

I'm glad it won't bother me now, as giving up work I have no need to go to the shitehole London has become.

Interesting!

We Ride London
    So we now have permission to shout about the NATIONAL EMISSIONS TEST CENTRE
    This new test centre is the only certified place to you can get your bike tested for Euro 3 (and so NOx). A large percentage of bikes can pass and the NETC team are allowed to load the pass results straight onto the TfL database saving you the trouble.
    This is an independently run test and like an MOT it’s a straight pass or fail. Unfortunately, due to working with older bikes that have all been used and treated differently, TfL want bikes to be tested individually. If one Bonnie passes it doesn’t mean all do.
    The test is for life and is less than 3 weeks ULEZ charge.
    The online
    Booking system goes live next week.
    https://www.nationalemissionstestcentre.com

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,274 in 2,460 posts
    Blog Entries

I'm tempted to get the TDR done.

9. The following user liked this post made by cheb:

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Interesting!

We Ride London
    So we now have permission to shout about the NATIONAL EMISSIONS TEST CENTRE
    This new test centre is the only certified place to you can get your bike tested for Euro 3 (and so NOx). A large percentage of bikes can pass and the NETC team are allowed to load the pass results straight onto the TfL database saving you the trouble.
    This is an independently run test and like an MOT it’s a straight pass or fail. Unfortunately, due to working with older bikes that have all been used and treated differently, TfL want bikes to be tested individually. If one Bonnie passes it doesn’t mean all do.
    The test is for life and is less than 3 weeks ULEZ charge.
    The online
    Booking system goes live next week.
    https://www.nationalemissionstestcentre.com
    ULEZ is 12.50 per day so 187.50! Wonder how much less it is than that? A lot of manufacturers charge less than that for a certficate of conformity, so this is a good money spinner!

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 3,017 in 2,048 posts

ULEZ is 12.50 per day so 187.50! Wonder how much less it is than that? A lot of manufacturers charge less than that for a certficate of conformity, so this is a good money spinner!
    Honda dont charge anything and were very quick. I am now ULEZ compliant.

12. The following user liked this post made by Cousin Jack:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 68 in 38 posts

According to MCN, the cost of the test will be 175 so probably still best to first try the manufacturer for a Certificate of Conformity.

14. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Luddite:

Should Get Out More Screwdriver's Avatar
    Liked 5,944 in 2,784 posts

Very odd situation here now. My old Fazer is listed as non-compliant on the Tfl website.

Some people with the identical bike (Gen 1 Fazer Thou) have stumped up 175 to discover this machine DOES come under the Nox limit (0.09, limit is 0.15)

Others have applied for a certificate of conformity from Yamaha for 66 which seems like a lot of money for a letter and are ULEZ exempt.

So why is it that this model of motorcycle has not been given the all clear? I probably now have the record for the most bikes owned without having a single vehicle on the road.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,719 in 2,274 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    Very odd situation here now. My old Fazer is listed as non-compliant on the Tfl website.

Some people with the identical bike (Gen 1 Fazer Thou) have stumped up 175 to discover this machine DOES come under the Nox limit (0.09, limit is 0.15)

Others have applied for a certificate of conformity from Yamaha for 66 which seems like a lot of money for a letter and are ULEZ exempt.

So why is it that this model of motorcycle has not been given the all clear? I probably now have the record for the most bikes owned without having a single vehicle on the road.
    Pay the 66 and move on in life, ULEZ is just another form of taxation.

Liked 668 in 413 posts

Starts today, doesn't it? It's made fuck-all difference to traffic as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post

That's why the scheme is being slated so much. If a bike is proved to meet the ULEZ requirements by way of a certificate of conformity, then the model should be added to the exempt database, but no, they want every individual bike to provide its own proof. British bureaucracy at its best!

Should Get Out More Screwdriver's Avatar
    Liked 5,944 in 2,784 posts

That's why the scheme is being slated so much. If a bike is proved to meet the ULEZ requirements by way of a certificate of conformity, then the model should be added to the exempt database, but no, they want every individual bike to provide its own proof. British bureaucracy at its best!
    I think MAG are trying to get that idea through to them.

If I had 66 I'd tax the bike, if I had 175 I'd probably insure it, for ten quid I'll just buy a new number plate...

Liked 4,112 in 2,058 posts

Place your bets boys and girls ...... who is going to the first of the TRC massive to get stuck on for riding/driving a non compliant vehicle in the ULEZ

And how long before the rant is posted

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission