TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enjoying life affirming events - sort of a late new bike thread....

Liked 9,177 in 4,775 posts

Default Re: Enjoying life affirming events - sort of a late new bike thread....

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Hell of a bike. I actually dont think I'd have the guts to ride something that powerful!

Liked 3,417 in 1,770 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrTack View Post
    I rode gods girlfriends SX .it was absolutely perfect for me the riding position was really comfy .I loved the engine and seemed nicely put together .sadly i can't afford one .shame as loved big kawasakis .
    Mate, the one Cheryl has is the older Z1000SX which i have ridden as well as an option to the Multistrada, not the new H2SX which is a softer H2 with pillion seat, different riding position etc but still with a supercharged engine

3. The following user liked this post made by Bigyin:

Liked 1,416 in 635 posts

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    There are a couple out here, including one owned by a mega-rich bloke and he's thrown the kitchen sink at it, it's full carbon, carbon wheels, etc, with all sorts of bits on it. It was in the shop and I had a good look around it, he's put serious money into it.
    On the track he was doing reasonably well on it as well, I think he's pretty quick, I've previously seen him on a 1299 and an R1-M, but as you say yourself it's not really a track weapon and he wasn't setting records.

It's horses for courses, but because I understand bikes I get why you like it, I bet back in the day you'd have been right into the Spondon framed 1100cc monster bikes, whereas I flicked past them without even reading the articles (still do) and was all about the small two strokes (still am), so whilst I get why people like them, a massive bhp missile doesn't appeal to me in the same way that an RS125 might not appeal to the people into big bikes.

Fair play though, we're only here once so if you can afford it then I'm all for indulgence and I think you're right, if you hang onto that for a decade or so I think you'll probably make money on it, not a fortune, but I don't think you'll lose on it.
    Cheers and yeah, that’s my thoughts, I'm not likely to do thousands of miles on it but it gives me pleasure when I do ride it, and even when I don’t, I enjoy looking at it and just having it.
    Back in the day I never really had any interest in the big four strokes-
    llight weight and particularly smokers have always been my true love, but this one just has something for me.
    The PB bloke has carbon wheels and other bling on his- I’ve added the genuine Kawasaki crash bung/ fairing protector things, and it’ll get an Evotech rad protector, and likely slightly higher clips-
    ons (seriously, don’t laugh) but I reckon that will probably be it.
    There is much scope with them particularly with, as you say, carbon fibre ,
    and particularly the engine- just swapping the OE headers (which also contain the Cat) for the Akra ones give an instant extra 15-20 rwhp and 1k rpm, and there is another easy 20 or 30 also attainable on normal super unleaded with a change of supercharger gears (which increases boost), but whilst that all may be nice if you want to be able to boast about it in the pub, its largely irrelevant in the real world, for me, anyway, and I like my bikes reasonably quiet, and the way it rides now.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Take it to Santa Pod, it'll be massive fun for very little money (apart from the back tyre you'll kill)

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk
    I might actually do that- I’ve never even watched a drag race, have almost gone to a RWYB once or twice, never made it yet, but yeah, maybe I will, it would be in its element there…

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    i'm pretty out of touch when it comes to sportbikes (and bikes generally, tbh), but are steel frames a thing now on big Japanese bikes? it looks mint (apols), is it hi-ten, cr-mo?
    I think so, pretty much yeah, on Japanese sportsbikes- some manufacturers (Ducati and KTM immediately spring to mind) use stell trellis type frames. As to exactly what this one is made of, not a clue other than steel rather aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by couchcommando View Post
    Look forward to my go at Pembrey, you can take the Diavel out 
    Genuinely looking forward to that, assuming, of course, you still own it then- as we all know, a lot can happen in a day, let alone 8 months

Not Much To Do
    Liked 270 in 128 posts

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    i'm pretty out of touch when it comes to sportbikes (and bikes generally, tbph), but are steel frames a thing now on big japanese bikes? it looks mint (apols), is it hi-ten, cr-mo?
    P_20181230_183115.jpg

nowt wrong wiff steel.

Really Bored
    Liked 362 in 185 posts

Canít say the looks of the H2 are my thing, but each to their own.
    But, after seeing and even more so hearing Chris Walker rag the R version around Cadell on the lunch break of a track day, it will be more than worth it for the noise alone.
    Enjoy it.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,085 in 1,856 posts

RWYB is great fun so long as you don't take it seriously, race yourself (ie try to get the best time you can) rather than racing other people, getting a good time with that much power will take some skill.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Liked 6,128 in 3,174 posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post

The PB bloke has carbon wheels and other bling on his- Iíve added the genuine Kawasaki crash bung/ fairing protector things, and itíll get an Evotech rad protector, and likely slightly higher clips-
    ons (seriously, donít laugh) but I reckon that will probably be it.
    There is much scope with them particularly with, as you say, carbon fibre ,
    and particularly the engine- just swapping the OE headers (which also contain the Cat) for the Akra ones give an instant extra 15-20 rwhp and 1k rpm, and there is another easy 20 or 30 also attainable on normal super unleaded with a change of supercharger gears (which increases boost), but whilst that all may be nice if you want to be able to boast about it in the pub, its largely irrelevant in the real world, for me, anyway, and I like my bikes reasonably quiet, and the way it rides now.
    Tbh if I had one I'd end up spending money to get more power, it's that type of thing and I wouldn't be able to resist.

I agree about the cosmetics though, you should leave yours how it is, I didn't like the carbon one, it looks like it's trying too hard. As I said before, each to his own and fair play to him, but he must have thrown tens of thousands at it (including buying it) and it's never going to be a track weapon or drag racer, so IMHO the carbons ones are more about an exercise of making it look different because you can rather than anything else and I think it detracts from the beauty of the original, like putting matt black carbon all over an NR750, whilst there is a brief moment of wow factor you'd stand back and think it doesn't look as nice as the original.

Whilst they're not everyones cup of tea, if one pulled up most people would definitely go over and have a look at it, it's one of those bikes that draws a crowd and even if you wouldn't buy one yourself it's still something you'd want to have a go on at least once.
    The green frame and black mirror finish looks really smart, cosmetically I wouldn't touch it, but if there was an easy way to pull out another 30bhp then I'd do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission