TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Makita Tools

  1. #1
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    38,563
    Like
    5,733
    Liked 5,588 in 3,499 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Makita Tools


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    A while ago I bought a very nice Makita 18v hammer drill and it came with 2 batteries.





    This week my jigsaw broke and I realised a circular saw would be more useful to me. I saw that Makita do a cordless one which uses the same batteries as the drill. Woo hoo. I'm just waiting to see how I can get it over here. They may not allow Penny to bring it in her hand luggage





    I was curious and did a bit of research and the Makita LTX batteries fit all their cordless tools. Cool bananas. So obviously I've been looking around and gonna get me one of these beauties I don't need it, but that's not the point







    So, you TRC tool Gods, what else can you recommend?
    Last edited by Yorick; 03-01-19 at 19:15.

  2. #2
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    Like
    452
    Liked 615 in 433 posts

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    I was curious and did a bit of research and the Makita LTX batteries fit all their cordless tools. Cool bananas. So obviously I've been looking around and gonna get me one of these beauties I don't need it, but that's not the point


    That's the spirit.

  3. The following user liked this post made by Lutin:


  4. #3
    Should Get Out More DefTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roger Barlow's Tour of Europe
    Posts
    23,822
    Like
    2,668
    Liked 2,540 in 1,512 posts

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    What what else do you need? (or want!)

    I've also got a dedicated makita hammer driver that's great for firing screws into the hard stuff.

  5. #4
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    38,563
    Like
    5,733
    Liked 5,588 in 3,499 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    What what else do you need? (or want!)

    .
    Not sure, so need suggestions I've got a few bob to spend, so why not ?

  6. #5
    Should Get Out More Taipan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boerthal's hill
    Posts
    46,686
    Like
    15,029
    Liked 9,323 in 4,852 posts

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    What what else do you need? (or want!)

    I've also got a dedicated makita hammer driver that's great for firing screws into the hard stuff.
    Yorick some time soon...



  7. #6
    Should Get Out More KungFooBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Forest Moon of Endor
    Posts
    15,863
    Like
    380
    Liked 6,886 in 3,895 posts

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    I've got that that drill. I think.

    Just reminded me that one of the batteries is completely shot, won't recharge, does fuck all.

  8. #7
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    38,563
    Like
    5,733
    Liked 5,588 in 3,499 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Yorick some time soon...


    Can't see it

  9. #8
    Should Get Out More Taipan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boerthal's hill
    Posts
    46,686
    Like
    15,029
    Liked 9,323 in 4,852 posts

  10. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:


  11. #9
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,013
    Like
    10
    Liked 368 in 190 posts

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    Iím heading down the same route but with Dewalt. Got the usual drill/driver which I like, also just got the impact driver but havenít had cause to use it yet. Circular saw is next on the list.

  12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by scud:


  13. #10
    Should Get Out More maccecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South East England Kent.
    Posts
    6,653
    Like
    168
    Liked 872 in 488 posts

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    Being like minded Screwfix were doing an Hitachi torch same as the Makita one for £3.99 bare and as I have an Hitachi cordless could not resist. As for the cordless saw let the saw do the work softly softly catchy monkey.

  14. The following user liked this post made by maccecht:


  15. #11
    A Bit Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    109
    Like
    14
    Liked 43 in 33 posts

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    I found myself in the same place, 18v Makita cordless drill, so I have just added one of these, it's ace! 1/2" impact wrench, undoes the toughest bolts with ease and does them up again really tight. I've always managed fine with a good socket set, but hey, cordless toys are more fun!!


  16. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Zimbo:


  17. #12
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Llanafan & Holland
    Posts
    3,081
    Like
    62
    Liked 697 in 513 posts

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    I found myself in the same place, 18v Makita cordless drill, so I have just added one of these, it's ace! 1/2" impact wrench, undoes the toughest bolts with ease and does them up again really tight. I've always managed fine with a good socket set, but hey, cordless toys are more fun!!


    How much was that, if you don't mind me asking?

  18. #13
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    38,563
    Like
    5,733
    Liked 5,588 in 3,499 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    The missus just told me she's bringing a big suitcase back from her next visit to UK in 3 weeks. She's room for the torch and circular saw. Woo hoo. I don't think they'd let her take the saw in her cabin bag


    There's still a bit of spare room in the case

  19. #14
    Should Get Out More DefTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roger Barlow's Tour of Europe
    Posts
    23,822
    Like
    2,668
    Liked 2,540 in 1,512 posts

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    The missus just told me she's bringing a big suitcase back from her next visit to UK in 3 weeks. She's room for the torch and circular saw. Woo hoo. I don't think they'd let her take the saw in her cabin bag


    There's still a bit of spare room in the case
    I'm pretty sure they don't allow tools through security these days. I've seen torches confiscated as potential offensive weapons.
    Ok in the hold though, even battery stuff.

  20. #15
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    38,563
    Like
    5,733
    Liked 5,588 in 3,499 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Makita Tools

    Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    I'm pretty sure they don't allow tools through security these days. I've seen torches confiscated as potential offensive weapons.
    Ok in the hold though, even battery stuff.
    It will go in the big hold suitcase.


    When I was bringing the cordless hammer drill, I had to put the drill in the hold, and they insisted I took the batteries in my cabin luggage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission