TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 60 of 60

Thread: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

  1. #46
    At Work V8-Powered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Bergholt, Essex
    Posts
    1,051
    Like
    107
    Liked 79 in 67 posts

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    What’s the world view on latency issues using wireless headphones whilst watching tv etc?
    After a set of noise cancelling headphones for commuting but have heard that latency can ruin the viewing experience on Netflix etc. Was going to order a set of Bose QC20 but what with phone manufacturers starting to remove the aux output, started thinking of wireless......

  2. #47
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Noviomagus Reginorum
    Posts
    20,164
    Like
    5,014
    Liked 2,736 in 1,942 posts

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Quote Originally Posted by V8-Powered View Post
    What’s the world view on latency issues using wireless headphones whilst watching tv etc?
    After a set of noise cancelling headphones for commuting but have heard that latency can ruin the viewing experience on Netflix etc. Was going to order a set of Bose QC20 but what with phone manufacturers starting to remove the aux output, started thinking of wireless......
    Samsung Galaxy has a 3.5mm headphone socket and for the iPhone you can get a Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter.

  3. #48
    At Work V8-Powered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Bergholt, Essex
    Posts
    1,051
    Like
    107
    Liked 79 in 67 posts

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Quote Originally Posted by irie View Post
    Samsung Galaxy has a 3.5mm headphone socket and for the iPhone you can get a Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter.
    Oh yes, forgot you can get audio over Lightning - thanks.

  4. #49
    Should Get Out More Reburner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Harpenden (Stepford Wives Central)
    Posts
    13,302
    Like
    2,139
    Liked 4,304 in 2,235 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Quote Originally Posted by V8-Powered View Post
    Oh yes, forgot you can get audio over Lightning - thanks.
    same with USBC

  5. #50
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    11,654
    Like
    718
    Liked 2,076 in 1,243 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Just added Bose QC35s to my Amazon wishlist.

    I currently use a random set of Sennheiser over the ear headphones at work. I've had them since forever, they're old school base station radio transmitter types. There's something in our factory that interferes with them though Generally it's just a very very low level hiss but occasionally it turns into somethign like the old mobile phone did-did-did thing.

    Anyway - been meaning to get a new set of Bluetooth jobbies, the Bose look like they'll fit the bill nicely. Shame I can't spare £300 for a set just now.

  6. #51
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Noviomagus Reginorum
    Posts
    20,164
    Like
    5,014
    Liked 2,736 in 1,942 posts

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dazzle View Post
    Just added Bose QC35s to my Amazon wishlist.

    I currently use a random set of Sennheiser over the ear headphones at work. I've had them since forever, they're old school base station radio transmitter types. There's something in our factory that interferes with them though Generally it's just a very very low level hiss but occasionally it turns into somethign like the old mobile phone did-did-did thing.

    Anyway - been meaning to get a new set of Bluetooth jobbies, the Bose look like they'll fit the bill nicely. Shame I can't spare £300 for a set just now.
    More likely you're getting tinnitus.

    And wait for the QC45s due out this year (I think), they should have better sound cancelling and have a few other issues sorted out.

  7. #52
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    11,654
    Like
    718
    Liked 2,076 in 1,243 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Plus they'll probably drive the price of the QC35s down

  8. #53
    Should Get Out More Claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,723
    Like
    6,068
    Liked 1,660 in 984 posts

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    The Bose qc35’s are awesome! Thoroughly recommended. They’ll be my first ‘luxury’ purchase once the mv is paid.

  9. #54
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    38,317
    Like
    5,638
    Liked 5,524 in 3,455 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    I just looked at the Bose and Sony jobbies and they both say they connect via Bluetooth and NFC. I have no idea what NFC is.

    Any simple explanations ?

  10. #55
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Noviomagus Reginorum
    Posts
    20,164
    Like
    5,014
    Liked 2,736 in 1,942 posts

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    I just looked at the Bose and Sony jobbies and they both say they connect via Bluetooth and NFC. I have no idea what NFC is.

    Any simple explanations ?
    Not simple enough for you, sorry.

  11. #56
    Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    22,350
    Like
    1,444
    Liked 4,560 in 2,867 posts

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Near-field communication
    What for making pairing easier

  12. #57
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    38,317
    Like
    5,638
    Liked 5,524 in 3,455 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    Near-field communication
    What for making pairing easier
    Will they work without it on the laptop ?

  13. #58
    Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    22,350
    Like
    1,444
    Liked 4,560 in 2,867 posts

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Will they work without it on the laptop ?
    If the laptop can search for Bluetooth devices it should pair normally.
    BBC

  14. #59
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    38,317
    Like
    5,638
    Liked 5,524 in 3,455 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    If the laptop can search for Bluetooth devices it should pair normally.
    BBC
    Aha, it read as though NFC was compulsory. More daft advertising.

  15. #60
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    11,654
    Like
    718
    Liked 2,076 in 1,243 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Headphones Or Inner Ear Jobbies?

    Can't really see the point of NFC...someone wanna explain the point? You wave your phone near the headphones and the bluetooth connects. But my phone remembers my bluetooth stuff anyway.

    How many phones so they think I have?

  16. The following user liked this post made by Mr. Dazzle:


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission