TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Fz 1n

  1. #1
    At Work asmethurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Krayville
    Posts
    1,492
    Like
    995
    Liked 285 in 215 posts

    Default Fz 1n


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Just seen a few near me that seem quite cheap (was parked next to one at the weekend and sort of like the looks )
    I'm talking about post 2008 ones .
    Any thoughts re reliability and comfort Etc.I'd like something a bit more powerful for touring but also the looks ....

  2. #2
    Should Get Out More KungFooBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Forest Moon of Endor
    Posts
    15,756
    Like
    378
    Liked 6,791 in 3,850 posts

    Default Re: Fz 1n

    Quote Originally Posted by asmethurst View Post
    Just seen a few near me that seem quite cheap (was parked next to one at the weekend and sort of like the looks )
    I'm talking about post 2008 ones .
    Any thoughts re reliability and comfort Etc.I'd like something a bit more powerful for touring but also the looks ....
    I looked at buying one a few years back, apparently the suspension is a bit of a compromise and you should budget for some better bouncy bits if you enjoy a 'sporty' ride.

    Look at the FZ8 too, they're not much slower and are generally newer for less money.

  3. The following user liked this post made by KungFooBob:


  4. #3
    Not Much To Do SNAFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Dordogneshire
    Posts
    578
    Like
    25
    Liked 284 in 141 posts

    Default Re: Fz 1n

    You are talking about the gen2 fazer 1000.
    150hp, R1 frame, reasonable suspension.
    What's not to like. Fuel range is a bit poor but the one I rode was scraping the pegs within 5 miles. 2010 is the one to have, have a look at foc-u for well loved ones and advice.
    Real men ride the gen 1 tho'

  5. The following user liked this post made by SNAFU:


  6. #4
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,111
    Like
    1,046
    Liked 3,085 in 1,856 posts

    Default Re: Fz 1n

    I know someone who has one and absolutely loves it - and he professes to not liking Yamahas

  7. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


  8. #5
    Not Much To Do
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    564
    Like
    36
    Liked 56 in 39 posts

    Default Re: Fz 1n

    I used to own one but sold after only a few months.
    For sure it's fast but lacks torque/ no midrange so you have to ride it like a hooligan everywhere.
    Err.. Well at least I did!

  9. The following user liked this post made by tarmacsurfer:


  10. #6
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    One storey above the skyscraper wean.
    Posts
    4,114
    Like
    1,839
    Liked 368 in 190 posts

    Default Re: Fz 1n

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    You are talking about the gen2 fazer 1000.
    150hp, R1 frame, reasonable suspension.
    What's not to like. Fuel range is a bit poor but the one I rode was scraping the pegs within 5 miles. 2010 is the one to have, have a look at foc-u for well loved ones and radvice.
    Real men ride the gen 1 tho'
    Tried a gen 1 on two separate occasions, both times an incredibly boring ride - and that’s coming from a confessed lover of TDM850s.

  11. #7
    Not Much To Do SNAFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Dordogneshire
    Posts
    578
    Like
    25
    Liked 284 in 141 posts

    Default Re: Fz 1n

    Quote Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
    Tried a gen 1 on two separate occasions, both times an incredibly boring ride - and that’s coming from a confessed lover of TDM850s.
    You did twist the throttle didn't you?
    As several people on here can testify, in the right hands a gen 1 is a surprisingly useful tool.

  12. The following user liked this post made by SNAFU:


  13. #8
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    One storey above the skyscraper wean.
    Posts
    4,114
    Like
    1,839
    Liked 368 in 190 posts

    Default Re: Fz 1n

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    You did twist the throttle didn't you?
    As several people on here can testify, in the right hands a gen 1 is a surprisingly useful tool.
    Haha, yes, I did twist the throttle.

    It reminded me of a friend’s H reg CBR600. I’ll admit that I’m not a quick rider and certainly not classed as “the right hands” but I expected some kind of rush lower down the rev range. I do prefer twins tbh and have only ever owned them.

  14. #9
    Not Much To Do SNAFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Dordogneshire
    Posts
    578
    Like
    25
    Liked 284 in 141 posts

    Default Re: Fz 1n

    Mine pulled smoothly right from tick over, a big mid range bulge from 3500-7000, then on the pipe and real progress is made up to 11500.
    A badly set up/bog standard bike is a bit flat/linear but hardly unexciting.

  15. #10
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    One storey above the skyscraper wean.
    Posts
    4,114
    Like
    1,839
    Liked 368 in 190 posts

    Default Re: Fz 1n

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    Mine pulled smoothly right from tick over, a big mid range bulge from 3500-7000, then on the pipe and real progress is made up to 11500.
    A badly set up/bog standard bike is a bit flat/linear but hardly unexciting.
    Horses for courses.

  16. The following user liked this post made by Beancounter:


Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission